Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL stfc v lincoln day early thread- get over it and predict/discuss  (Read 43804 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 15:41:49 »

I still think we will win today . Clap
My cock’s a kipper!
Flashheart

« Reply #121 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 15:42:05 »

Did I hear boos?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 15:42:42 »

Boooooo!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 15:43:03 »

Deffo don't miss Nelson...

0 - 2

Cheesy  Nelson would have made no difference to both of those goals.  GK error/deflection from the left of defence and a 35yrd worldy..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 15:44:30 »

If somebody offers us a fiver for Vigs this window we should snap their hands off, 2nd best keeper at the club
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #125 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 15:45:50 »

Cheesy  Nelson would have made no difference to both of those goals.  GK error/deflection from the left of defence and a 35yrd worldy..
TBF our defence haven't looked that bad today at all. Vigs at fault for the first, the 2nd was a hit and hope but he will never hit a better shot than that in his life.

We have been by far the better side but when you are top the luck goes your way, when you are down the luck doesn't go your way.

We won't get anything today, Lincoln will shut up shop and we won't even score one.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 15:46:17 »

peak town
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 15:46:47 »

No goals in this team what so ever.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 15:47:14 »

Did I hear boos?

More for the time wasting and ref not seeing stuff. Lincoln look ordinary bar the fact they score when it counts.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 15:47:29 »

Well, you aren’t going to create much with 3 defensive midfielders on. Get Doughty on, ffs.

We all blame the paucity of our strikers but we provide so few chances for them
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 15:47:56 »

Two keeper errors! Palmed the first one in and then stuck in no man's land for second....played well too.
Difference between good team and mediocre.

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 15:48:05 »

I get there are other factors as to why he’s gone but we’d be no worse off with Adebayo up top
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 15:49:29 »

Vigs, Taylor and Conroy can all take bows for mediocrity in defence today.  First goal Taylo is in no mans land and ends up deflecting the shot, Vigs has hands of jelly and turns it in.  Conroy then loops a shit header into the centre of the field, but to be fair the finish is pretty amazing.  We've looked ok, but you can't have such a soft underbelly and hope to win games frequently.

Lincoln clearly got too carried way with trying to spoil the game for 35 minutes.  After the sending off they've gained some focus and shown that we have a creaky defence.  Taylor got done a few times by the winger after that, McCourt keeps switching off when Toffolo overlaps and Akinde has figured out he can hold off Conroy with ease - we could do with him upfront to be honest.

Frustratingly we looked ok going forward until the sending off, and even since we've created openings.  If it was 0-0 you'd say a good half with some hope, but you can't just let a team knock a ball long and put you under such pressure so easily every time.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 15:51:45 »

I agree with everything Rob says, except I thought Conroy was having a good game until the second goal. 
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 15:51:50 »

There is no way we can score 3 against these lot I am afraid to say.

Highly unlikely. If we pass them off the park and they get another we might score two...but we'll probably need them to score one for us.

Started so brightly, were on top and it was mostly us. Even better (you think) they get a man sent off and then Vigs makes an absolute howler with those "strong" wrists of his. Are they sponsored by Anchor (no not wanker) or some other kind of soft product. Never seen a keeper, consistently push a ball into his own net in the weakest ways. Not just this game btw. They score a cracker but they shouldn't even be having the freedom to do that.

Fuck. We had a chance here. Looks a very long shot now. 15/1 FTW, 7/1 draw...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: