Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football Clubs for 4/5 Year Old  (Read 8126 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 12:10:53 »

I'm looking at getting my eldest enrolled in a football club. He's only 4 1/2 so nothing too serious.

Anyone have any suggestions, ideally ones that have taster sessions or ones that you don't have to commit to a set number of sessions.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 12:15:36 »

Shame the philosophy changed or else he would have a shot at Town!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 12:41:22 »

Liden little kickers take on from reception year. Justin, the guy who takes the training on a Saturday morning is a top guy - though he won't be manager when they progress to playing, but I'd happily take my little one there. Not sure on payment, min num of session, etc.

Highworth I think do "not old enough for a team" session on Saturday morning. Not sure on min age. Think it was play and play, it was a few years ago.

Not sure on Purton..

That's the three teams my sons have played for in the last few years.

There is of course various STFC FITC sessions across the town (other similar clubs also available - WINS, etc.)

« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 12:42:56 by Batch » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 12:53:13 »

I'm looking at getting my eldest enrolled in a football club. He's only 4 1/2 so nothing too serious.

Anyone have any suggestions, ideally ones that have taster sessions or ones that you don't have to commit to a set number of sessions.

FITC is the best imo. Cheapest and the boy loves it. Shame he is going to school in september and will miss out. I'm not sure they do saturdays though...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 13:04:36 »

That's the three teams my sons have played for in the last few years.

Typical agent, keeping moving his client on each year!  Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 13:07:20 »

Typical agent, keeping moving his client on each year!  Wink

I don't even get petrol expenses.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 14:44:16 »

Also recommend FitC and these guys are really good, and at older age groups they feed into JPL teams if that's something you might look at:

https://www.advancedsportscoaching.co.uk/just-announced-free-coaching-sessions-for-tots-2/
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 15:42:57 »

Also recommend FitC and these guys are really good, and at older age groups they feed into JPL teams if that's something you might look at:

https://www.advancedsportscoaching.co.uk/just-announced-free-coaching-sessions-for-tots-2/

Cheers for this Paul, going to sign up my 3 year old.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 17:21:47 »

Thank Paul, that’s great, my boy isn’t 5 until feb next year so spot on.

Thanks everyone else for their suggestions too.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 18:02:40 »

Just emailed as well. God how things have changed. Used to meet up for beer, now it’s meet ups at tots football!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 19:44:10 »

See you in a couple of Saturdays then...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 19:56:13 »

Probably a bit late but the missus and I can recommend Ashton Keynes FC. They start at the Pups stage so my guess based on seeing the littluns when my lad plays  and trains would suit. Lovely club, really nice coaches.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 4, 2018, 13:12:50 »

Took the lad to footy tots on Saturday and he loved it. He's not the best in social situations but he took to the coaches straight away and they did a great job it keeping it fun but educational at the same time.

He cant wait to go again. I would definitely recommend it. As its free, they will only continue doing it if there is enough interest so if there anyone with kids aged 3 or 4 who are looking to get them into football, this is a great way to do it.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 06:50:36 »

My boy and the twins are confirmed for Saturday, Chubbs. See you there.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 07:50:59 »

My boy and the twins are confirmed for Saturday, Chubbs. See you there.
We'll have enough for a 5-a-side team in September when Ethan turns 3 :-)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: