Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How do I find out if land is being considered for being built on (Horlock?)  (Read 12878 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 16:44:13 »

Looking at it, looks like the land is already noted as being Open Space and thus afforded some protection within the Local Plan (Policy EN3) ...  This will obviously be a consideration within both the call for sites process, but any subsequent planning application that may or may not follow.

Oh and call me thick, but by this do you mean "open space" status should be given consideration
  1. On deciding which land to take forwards from the SHLAA call?
(Rather than already being ignored with the land being forwarded in the call itself)

2. If an actual planning application is received on the land.

Thanks again for your time and effort in replying.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 17:13:51 »

Does anyone know of any Great Crested Newts for sale, asking for a friend.

So, in summary I guess the plan of attack is to try and keep an eye on how things progress (try and register for updates) and take it from there if anything transpires.

That's another thing you can blame the EU for, GCN's are actually comparatively common in the UK (well up here at least) its an EU issue that give them the protection they have!

Oh and call me thick, but by this do you mean "open space" status should be given consideration
  1. On deciding which land to take forwards from the SHLAA call?
(Rather than already being ignored with the land being forwarded in the call itself)

2. If an actual planning application is received on the land.

Thanks again for your time and effort in replying.

I would expect the assessment as part of the SHLAA to take note of that policy position and thus possibly prioritize other more suitable sites if they are available - they will have  housing requirement target they are working towards to provide the 5 year supply, likewise if an application was ever made said policy and its tests would have to be applied in determining the application, as applications have to be determined in accordance with the Local Plan unless material considerations suggest otherwise (the mantra of planning!) although members can be a bloody low unto themselves and often ignore their Officers, I will get this in now in light of Reg undoubtedly having a rant about the Tory Councillors  Pint

If you can just let me have an address to send the invoice to that would be most appreciated.  Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 17:31:52 »

sure, I live at my next-door neighbours.. I'll pm you.

seriously, will happily pay for your advice if the time comes Smiley
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 19:33:12 »

If it’s the bit of grass I think it is, it’s not suitable for building on in the first place is it? Doesn’t it get waterlogged every time it rains?

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 19:44:10 »

I don't think it gets waterlogged AFAIK.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 19:47:44 »

I don't think it gets waterlogged AFAIK.
Well get out there with your hosepipe and start waterlogging it then
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 19:50:16 »

Well get out there with your hosepipe and start waterlogging it then

I might drown the great crested newts though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 20:18:26 »

I might drown the great crested newts though.
They're amphibious?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 20:27:14 »

They're amphibious?
wish I read that earlier. I've just spent half an hour making little snorkel and mask sets.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 26, 2018, 21:00:44 »

wish I read that earlier. I've just spent half an hour making little snorkel and mask sets.

Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 21:22:46 »

Yippee. Draft Shelaa rejection
https://www.swindon.gov.uk/info/20113/local_plan_and_planning_policy/647/monitoring_and_evidence_base/5

The site is located within the Swindon urban area. A small part of the site is of low or medium susceptibility
to surface water flooding. Approximately 10% of the site is both Flood Zone 2 and Flood Zone 3. The site is
located within an area of designated Open Space on the Swindon Borough Local Plan Key Policies Map,
therefore Policy EN3 applies. An open space appraisal will be required to demonstrate that loss of the site
does not adversely affect local needs and/or existing quality of open space within the area, or that
alternative provision can be made locally of equivalent or better size, quality and accessibility. A footpath
joins the site which should be retained. The site is suitable for residential development however only the
northeastern portion of the site is developable due to flood risk and access issues. Given the irregular
shape of the site, vegetation on site and access from Bryony Way it is not considered that the site could
deliver 5 or more dwellings, and therefore falls below the SHELAA site size threshold
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 21:24:26 by Batch » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 18:19:34 »

Yippee. Draft Shelaa rejection
https://www.swindon.gov.uk/info/20113/local_plan_and_planning_policy/647/monitoring_and_evidence_base/5

The site is located within the Swindon urban area. A small part of the site is of low or medium susceptibility
to surface water flooding. Approximately 10% of the site is both Flood Zone 2 and Flood Zone 3. The site is
located within an area of designated Open Space on the Swindon Borough Local Plan Key Policies Map,
therefore Policy EN3 applies. An open space appraisal will be required to demonstrate that loss of the site
does not adversely affect local needs and/or existing quality of open space within the area, or that
alternative provision can be made locally of equivalent or better size, quality and accessibility. A footpath
joins the site which should be retained. The site is suitable for residential development however only the
northeastern portion of the site is developable due to flood risk and access issues. Given the irregular
shape of the site, vegetation on site and access from Bryony Way it is not considered that the site could
deliver 5 or more dwellings, and therefore falls below the SHELAA site size threshold

Good stuff, however I would advise just keeping an eye on it as if it is not within the SHELAA doesn't mean that someone cannot bring it forward as a windfall site, although there are a lot of hoops they would have to jump through....

Out of interest the document should have confirmed who put it forward?

You sound like the ideal person to ask on how to tackle it if needs must, come on, lets make the SBC planning officers life hell. There'll be beer in it!

Wink Pint

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 18:27:23 »

the is a 'source' column listing "SLR"... is that who put it forward or a strategy document/process?

the rejection is only the draft recommendation, but the reasons of access and flood risk are hopefully enough to put people off in the future. hopefully.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 20:32:37 »

Is Terry King still about ?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 08:14:44 »

the is a 'source' column listing "SLR"... is that who put it forward or a strategy document/process?

the rejection is only the draft recommendation, but the reasons of access and flood risk are hopefully enough to put people off in the future. hopefully.

Completely off the top of my head SLR could be something like 'strategic land review' which the Council Officers may have done themselves, although at the start of this thread you suggested that soil analysis etc was being undertaken which seems a bit extreme for a speculative site, although it may have been to do with percolation testings to try and sort the flooding constraints?

Again entirely  speculatively I wonder whether the Council own the land and were trying to make a few bob from residuals?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: