Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Barnet Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31021 times)
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 16:22:50 »

Purkiss: four times put the ball straight into touch. Ok defensively but no pace. Offers little going forward. Old so unlikely to improve ability-wise.

Had that been Brad Barry today, he'd have been slaughtered
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 16:24:56 »

Fullbacks needed a really solid touch before putting in a wank ball APART from the goal (the header and keeper flapping made it an ok cross).

Ref guessed a lot, we kept 3 up top in spite of having no midfield and no one being close to Norris so his role as target man could be viable.

A thoroughly disappointing saturday afternoon!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 16:25:52 »

Disgraceful is the only word to describe that performance!!  No heart, no passion and very little skill.  One minute we are trying to play with players well away from each other, then they are in a heap in the middle of the park.  Won't single anybody out - all as bad as one another.  Hardly won a second ball and in Campbell-Ryce Barnet had the best player on the pitch, always available to receive the ball, give and go with accurate passes and he played with more energy than most of our players - and he was just about the oldest player on the pitch after Taylor went off.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 16:27:03 »

Well I enjoyed my first trip to SN1 this season. The hope and optimism, laced with the new playing additions, smell of rancid hotdogs, the ink of the freshly printed programmes, perfect playing surface, sunshine. I look forward to my first trip to SN1 about the same time next season. Power will have to eek out the £32 pounds carefully, I suspect his accountants will be very creative with it.
Flashheart

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 16:32:27 »

Putting aside the fact that we shouldn't be in this division in the first place, I don't think Power can be blamed here. He made what appeared to be a solid appointment, and supported him. Only Flitcroft is to blame here.

Still, early days and all that. We may just click before long. It took a while for that to happen under PDC and that season ended up OK.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 16:34:18 »

Putting aside the fact that we shouldn't be in this division in the first place, I don't think Power can be blamed here. He made what appeared to be a solid appointment, and supported him. Only Flitcroft is to blame here.

Still, early days and all that. We may just click before long. It took a while for that to happen under PDC and that season ended up OK.

This. I think next 5/6 league games are key.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 16:38:12 »

What did Flitters have to say after the game?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
normy

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 16:38:40 »

Flitcroft made his second bad mistake today, by making too many changes and upsetting the balance of the team while perhaps pissing off players who were dropped, but should have been be hoping to make amends for last weeks debacle.  Last weeks big mistake was taking off the defensive midfield which allowed us to be overrun.
I have serious doubts about the manager's ability but I hope he can turn it round and settle a decent side down.

ust be the oldest
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 16:39:43 »

Don't quite understand what Flitcroft is on about when he says "We need to look at which players want to play at home..."  Fuck me Dave, you haven't got the luxury of an "away side" and a "home side" You've just got to keep drilling them and make them click. If not they go in January.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 16:51:38 »

I agree with the first part. Power has given the manager much more than Williams got.

Re the PDC team, we had Fods, Ritchie, Caddis, Ferry, Flint (generally young and on the up) supplemented by more experienced pros like McCormack, Benson & McEveley who had played consistently at a higher level.

Our current squad has some young talent that will improve in Vigs, Woollery and possibly the new loanees but the rest seem like journeymen who are no better than this level.

Think the PDC team would thrash our current one.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 16:56:28 »

Disgraceful is the only word to describe that performance!!  No heart, no passion and very little skill.  One minute we are trying to play with players well away from each other, then they are in a heap in the middle of the park.  Won't single anybody out - all as bad as one another.  Hardly won a second ball and in Campbell-Ryce Barnet had the best player on the pitch, always available to receive the ball, give and go with accurate passes and he played with more energy than most of our players - and he was just about the oldest player on the pitch after Taylor went off.
Words which could have been applied to any number of performances last season. Not what you might call progress...I give up... Suicide
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 16:58:09 »

Cant understand why Mullin didnt start.

Fuming about that performance.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 16:59:08 »

Sadly Dunne, Lighanzi & Taylor are all too similar players and none are ball winners. Opposition cut through our midfield today like butter just as Crawley did last week.
Not gonna slate Taylor but if he plays he's only ever gonna shine in a 3 man midfield and one of those needs to be a ball winner.
Completely over run today and Flitcroft has to shoulder all the blame because lessons weren't learnt from last week and the same pattern of play 2nd half against Crawley was evident today.
Of course it didn't help our cause McDermott getting himself sent off absolutely senseless.

Tough times ahead for Flitcroft. The next few games will be a real test of his management skills and he really needs to turn things around to appease the fans both home and away
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 17:04:15 »

Maybe PDC wasn't quite the bell end that he's portrayed on here  after all ?
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, September 2, 2017, 17:04:48 »

Get Tom Smith in the lineup. How is he going to do any worse that what's we've seen already? At least we know that he will give 110%.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: