Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sorry state of affairs...  (Read 18151 times)
GL5 Red

« Reply #30 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 16:20:27 »

Redbuck..I once played for the school B team and scored so that's a high level isn't it? Shall I send you my CV? Notice a few on here attempting to be sarcastic and funny are the ones who didn't have the nowce to realise we problems early doors instead preferring to try and pick the bones out of those that expressed their concerns.  Everything about Power is concerning, when Sherwood was appointed again he tried to fool the fans by saying it was one of the biggest appointments in clubs history. For those still thinking things will be ok maybe also consider Power and his previous businesses. Hardly a successful businessman. Anyway, even if we were relegated to Wiltshire premier some on here would defend him. Concerning how some are so gullible.  Hopefully between now and the end of the season fans unite and express their anger and frustrations to Power telling him in no uncertain terms he isn't wanted. Maybe then we will start to enjoy some good times again. #POWEROUT
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 16:32:45 »

Oh, right.  It was JT who referred to it as "Wills Avenue" and that rang a bell with my childhood memories.

Here's an interesting piece about the three sports grounds:
http://www.swindonweb.com/?m=8&s=116&ss=955&c=4415

The pic of the 1975/76 Vickers FC team appears to show them as having been managed by Des O'Connor and John Gorman  Smiley

No mention of the A ground there. These places were my stomping ground as a kid particularly the BR ground. Hoddle sometimes usd the BR ground for training and Ossie sometimes used the Wills. The loss of these traditional working class places along with the working mens clubs with their indoor pursuits like crib darts and skittles has been a tragedy.

If you look at the map on that article, then the A ground was alongside the track that can be seen running off to the railway beyond Copse Avenue

There used to be a wondeful annual bowls tournament, which involved men and women troting round between the various greens at Swindon BC, County Ground BC, Wills BC, BR BC and Garrards BC.  Swindon BC and CG BC are still just about hanging on.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 17, 2017, 16:37:13 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 16:33:50 »

Negative prick all his life eventually right about something
« Last Edit: Friday, March 17, 2017, 16:36:29 by Bogus Dave » Logged

Things get better but they never get good
GL5 Red

« Reply #33 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 17:06:16 »

Negative prick? Owww sorry big man sorry that I have massive concerns at the way club is being ran into the ground. Sorry again big man.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 17:13:20 »

I'm so glad that despite us having a thoroughly depressing season we've at least got a bunch of people who are able to say "I told you so." It's so much better than doing anything proactive, offering a constructive solution or having an opinion that isn't on a par with a child that's just done its first poo in a toilet.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
GL5 Red

« Reply #35 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 17:16:07 »

I wish I would have been proved wrong but it was obvious as the owner is full of it unfortunately hardly anything is positive. Moving forward just hope something positive happens. We all know once fans stop attending they are hard to entice back.  Just hope Power does not do too much damage as we all want good times to return.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 18:01:53 »

I'm so glad that despite us having a thoroughly depressing season we've at least got a bunch of people who are able to say "I told you so." It's so much better than doing anything proactive, offering a constructive solution or having an opinion that isn't on a par with a child that's just done its first poo in a toilet.
GL's concern comes from his love for his club. If he was one of the first to come on here and tell us that Power and "Firty Free Feavers On A Frushes Froat" are incapable? Then, those of you who didn't listen, or couldn't see the problem have a chance to own up and say, he was right and you were wrong.
Best to leave the proactive to those that can make the difference to the team. Namely the owner and super coach/manager/failure.
GL nobody on here will ever own up to being wrong. So for your peace of mind, drop it.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 18:19:32 »

Anyone who has supported STFC for more than 5 minutes will have had misgivings over a new owner. If the adage about being once bitten is true at least. The difference is some people have a righteous smugness that has nothing to do with loving the club and again is more about saying "I told you so." That's pretty pathetic IMO, and almost looks like you delight in our shitness. It's because I do love the club that that attitude irks me.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 17, 2017, 18:21:29 by Ells » Logged

GL5 Red

« Reply #38 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 18:20:12 »

Re inept, fair play mate regarding your post. I'll take that on board.
GL5 Red

« Reply #39 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 18:21:54 »

Certainly no delight in us being shit mate. Followed us home and away for 30 years and this season has hurt and angered me. I want us to come back stronger so fingers crossed we do. No matter how shit we get I will always go irrespective of the division.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 18:26:50 »

Certainly no delight in us being shit mate. Followed us home and away for 30 years and this season has hurt and angered me. I want us to come back stronger so fingers crossed we do. No matter how shit we get I will always go irrespective of the division

Fair play to you for that. Let's hope we do.
And I would happily admit to being wrong if I thought I actually was wrong about something. My attitude was/is that football will always be unpredictable and to be certain about success or doom either way is the wrong approach. That's just me though. 

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 19:24:15 »

Certainly no delight in us being shit mate. Followed us home and away for 30 years and this season has hurt and angered me. I want us to come back stronger so fingers crossed we do. No matter how shit we get I will always go irrespective of the division.

Over these 30 years, I'm guessing that you were able to predict every season we were going to be relegated? Obviously due to your playing at a high level of football.

If so, I look forward to hearing from you every pre-season for your thoughts.

Fans unhappy in poor season shock, get over yourself, #powerout in a forum post isn't going to change anything. We would all like a chairman that can give us success, personally I can't see the queue of them lining up behind power, you can't change a chairman like you do a manager (we can't even change a manger!).

The point I'm actually getting to is what do you actually want? And realistically are you going to get it? Is it sustainable? Because for a fan has apparently been around 30 years this isn't the worse you have seen and this isn't the worst chairman you have seen.

Notice a few on here attempting to be sarcastic and funny are the ones who didn't have the nowce to realise we problems early doors instead preferring to try and pick the bones out of those that expressed their concerns.

if everyone from the off expressed these concerns where would that have got us? I'm also taking for granted your view that everyone has happy and loving the shape of the team in pre-season because I can't remember this ever happening either.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 17, 2017, 19:29:00 by singingiiiffy » Logged
GL5 Red

« Reply #42 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 19:25:04 »

I probably don't do myself any favours my some of posts but just wound up with Power abd how things have gone.  But make no mistake I support Swindon Town and attend matches irrespective of on/off field activity. Here is hoping for an upturn in fortune as we certainly something.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 19:31:37 »

I probably don't do myself any favours my some of posts but just wound up with Power abd how things have gone.  But make no mistake I support Swindon Town and attend matches irrespective of on/off field activity. Here is hoping for an upturn in fortune as we certainly something.

Everyone is pissed off, find a team in the country in the bottom 3/4 where the fans are really happy. We are no more deserving of a successful team than the majority in this league.
GL5 Red

« Reply #44 on: Friday, March 17, 2017, 19:36:21 »

Agree to disagree iffy. Not gunna spend all weekend reasoning. Plus, gotta pack sandwich box for Bradford away.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: