Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season......who do you want?  (Read 80876 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Sunday, May 28, 2017, 16:05:50 »

We know now the composition of the league for next season... well done Blackpool, for making PV happy.

I'd imagine we're the only club with no manager or squad looking to go into it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #301 on: Sunday, May 28, 2017, 16:23:14 »

We know now the composition of the league for next season... well done Blackpool, for making PV happy.
It did Smiley

I wonder if any possible approach for Bowyer will be rebuked by Bowyer as hes just won promotion?

Maybe he hasn't even applied for the job?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Sunday, May 28, 2017, 16:45:23 »

It did Smiley

I wonder if any possible approach for Bowyer will be rebuked by Bowyer as hes just won promotion?

Maybe he hasn't even applied for the job?

I guess with Blackpool being a basket case, anything is possible, but it would seem highly unlikely that Bowyer would jump out of the frying pan into the fire by coming here.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Sunday, May 28, 2017, 16:47:12 »

Shame about Blackpool, better weekend there than Exeter.

ah well, there's always Accrington
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Sunday, May 28, 2017, 16:51:13 »

Shame about Blackpool, better weekend there than Exeter.

ah well, there's always Accrington

There's always Morecambe, if you want a bit of norvern seaside grit.

Exeter has to be better
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #305 on: Sunday, May 28, 2017, 17:30:29 »

He did ok at Blackburn and done very well at a basket case. If he stays put he'll get better offers than town,actually staying put is better. Lucky power has a shortlist of 3 but still talking to others so plenty to choose from.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #306 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 13:50:51 »

The more I read about Dale Vince the more I dislike him, arrogant twat.

Forest Gump Rovers: 'Reaching League One will be easy', says club owner Dale Vince

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39917358

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 14:00:56 »

don't like the fucking hippie, but in comparison to the conference it probably is easy
Peter Venkman

« Reply #308 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 14:07:41 »

don't like the fucking hippie, but in comparison to the conference it probably is easy
Possibly but at least this season he has to comply with the FFP rules in the league, something he never had in the Conference and they still lost £3m per year over the last 4 seasons.

Yes theres probably a loophole way of him sponsoring the team that will negate that a fair bit but hopefully iy won't be so easy to pay L1 wages for players as he has done this season.

Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 18:59:00 »

Possibly but at least this season he has to comply with the FFP rules in the league, something he never had in the Conference and they still lost £3m per year over the last 4 seasons.

Yes theres probably a loophole way of him sponsoring the team that will negate that a fair bit but hopefully iy won't be so easy to pay L1 wages for players as he has done this season.
Dale Vince can just pump in equity rather than loans to avoid FFP. What will be different is the full transfer window will apply.

Last season Mark Cooper was able to turn over players in PdC style (as long as Conference or below) so the squad at the end of the season bore little resemblance to the start. There was discontent with the fans at old favourites being pushed out but it clicked by the play offs.

He will need to get his business done early this summer but has already made two signings.

Sent from my HTC One M9
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 14:08:08 »

When do the fixtures come out, and in fact when are the first fixtures of the new season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 14:10:45 »

When do the fixtures come out, and in fact when are the first fixtures of the new season.

7 weeks for KO.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 14:38:59 »

7 weeks for KO.

Answering my own question as I JFGI as I should have done, fixtures are out next Wednesday.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 15:00:45 »

Answering my own question as I JFGI as I should have done, fixtures are out next Wednesday.

I daresay we'll get Newport early doors, as they can't use Rodney Parade in the early part of the season, so their games can either be switched or postponed, sort of farce that Town are bound to get caught up in.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 15:49:20 »

Almost feel that this thread should be wound up on fixture release day, with something akin to:-

And on the seventh day, Reg declared himself happy with the composition of League 2 and so decreed a day of rest.

I'm really hoping that we don't see a "Conference next season......who do you want?" thread appearing in January. A "L1 next season......who do you want?" would be much better.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: