Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season......who do you want?  (Read 80882 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 13:07:26 »

I used to live around the corner from the old stadium and my new place is <1 minute from the new stadium so know the 2 places well  Wink

if we are having a Cirenoff, I used to play there too. I went to school in Deer Park. I also played for the Beeches, so I know where the new ground is too (and the houses they built on our old pitch) Wink

There is literally nothing past the old ground (RAC/Hogwarts aside), it is the very definition of edge of town. The new ground is just as close to most of the population as the old one.
Its also fucking Ciren, not Sao Paolo.

The point in labouring this is that your original post regarding Ciren was irrelevant. The new Ciren stadium has not been moved to the arse end of nowhere.  
---
Yeah training on the old Astro wasn't much fun. useful as a tennis court in the summer though.

Nailsworth can't sustain a league club long term, obviously.

But I don't think mobbing it to the motorway will help much either. Its all about the business park.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 15, 2017, 13:10:05 by Batch » Logged
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 13:21:22 »

if we are having a Cirenoff, I used to play there too. I went to school in Deer Park. I also played for the Beeches, so I know where the new ground is too (and the houses they built on our old pitch) Wink

Eurghhh, Kingshill lad here  Cheesy - used to train their midweek and play on the old pitches to the side of KH, the narrow strip that grew once you got past the shed. That's now houses too.

There is literally nothing past the old ground (RAC/Hogwarts aside), it is the very definition of edge of town. The new ground is just as close to most of the population as the old one.
Its also fucking Ciren, not Sao Paolo.

That's true but it's a longer walk from town to the new ground by a considerable distance, and the town will be going out past the RAC with the new estate being looked at (thanks Bathurst).

The point in labouring this is that your original post regarding Ciren was irrelevant. The new Ciren stadium has not been moved to the arse end of nowhere.

My point was that they moved the club away from their existing base to grow, unfortunately because of where Nailsworth is, there is nothing around there that would be suitable for a football ground of 5K+ let alone a business park. It's sad when clubs have to move from their "home" but it's either that or they go back to being a village team in front of hundreds.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 13:23:54 »

they didn't move Ciren Town away from the existing base. it's simply not true.

not many people live in the town centre, my sister and er..
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 13:34:03 »

I used to live in Cirencester. Linacre Crescent if memory serves.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 13:38:08 »

they didn't move Ciren Town away from the existing base. it's simply not true.

not many people live in the town centre, my sister and er..

They had been on Tetbury road for many years (my grandad played for them when they played in what is now St Michaels park). It was a big move (financially) for the owner to move them from Tetbury road to Kingshill Lane, although not far in terms of miles but it basically stopped towns people from walking to the ground (it's not an easy place to get too without a car).

It's worked for the club as they now have the arena which subsides the club but FGR have a much bigger problem moving so far away but as I said, if they want to be a league club they need to move as Nailsworth cannot sustain the club for much longer.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 13:40:10 »

I used to live in Cirencester. Linacre Crescent if memory serves.

Know it well as grew up in the Chesterton estate for years, friend of my dads lived in Cranhams Lane
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 13:50:14 »

its not an easy place to get too without a car.

Neither was Tetbury road if you lived anywhere other than Chesterton/Town centre. Cycling from Watermoor was about the same to either, Stratton probably similar/closer. Beeches clearly closer to new.

If you really want to do road distance from the church - about 1.5 compared to 1.7.    Your entire point about Ciren Town was invalid.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 13:52:31 »

Are we really having a dick waving contest about who knows Cirencester better?
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 13:53:36 »

seems so  Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 14:00:57 »

Quote from: Tails
no, just using it to make the point gillman waffles on about utter shit presented as fact.

actually, thinking about it, that's 90% of the TEF (the other 10% is people calling out the shit).

as you were.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 14:02:03 »

FWIW I went to college in Cirencester and I think you're both wrong ;-)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 14:04:36 »

the standards have really gone downhill
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 14:06:06 »

I got offered a job there once, but the missus didn't want to move from Lancashire - she was entirely ambivalent regarding the location of the football ground though.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 14:06:15 »

My point was that they moved the club away from their existing base to grow, unfortunately because of where Nailsworth is, there is nothing around there that would be suitable for a football ground of 5K+ let alone a business park. It's sad when clubs have to move from their "home" but it's either that or they go back to being a village team in front of hundreds.

So what your advocating is the Franchise system yeah, so if we moved to Chippenham you'd be happy as it meant 'progress'. Utter nonsense!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 14:57:00 »

Ciren is a funny sort of place. Used to have 2 railway stations but now has none, the bus service to and from Swindon and Cheltnum is poor.

However it is quite well stocked for pubs and has an interesting history.  It doesn't surprise me that This Country was originally to be set there.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: