Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paris Hotel Recommendation  (Read 2171 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 18:26:53 »

Evening TEFers.  Looking for a few recommendations, please, from anyone who knows Paris well.

We're looking for a hotel for a 3-4 night stay at the end of August.  We'll be on our way back from a week in SW France, so free parking would be a bonus.  We'll need a family room (for 2 adults & 2 children).  In terms of location, I'd like to avoid run-down areas and airports, but otherwise fairly flexible.  A nice suburb would be just fine.  Does not have to be particularly central, but near a Metro station/good transport links in to the centre would be a must.

It's been years since I've been to Paris, and previous visits have been with a wife or girlfriend...so this is a different sort of brief.  Online searches are a bit of a minefield.  The city is huge and there's almost too much choice - so recommendations from anyone who knows the city better than I do would be very welcome.

Many thanks in advance.  Budget flexible, but we won't want to go mad.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 18:31:01 »

Red Frog will put you up
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 20:17:38 »

I stayed in Hotel yllen Eiffel a few years ago. Good hotel, about half hourish walk from the Eiffel Tower and louvre, but right outside a metro station for if you're lazy. The area seemed good, but I didn't spend much time in the immediate confines

Stayed at Hôtel Avenir-Jonquière Hôtel de l'Avenir Jonquière (he says, pasting straight from google) in September. Hotel was more basic (but still comfy) and a bit further out but the neighbourhood felt a bit more 'parisian' (if that makes sense). Lots of pattisieiries and cafes nearby

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 21:07:48 »

Just a suggestion....

We got an apartment via Owners Direct a couple of years back, in Montmartre, it was cheaper than a hotel and gave us a lot more flexibility - for instance it was lovely after a morning traipsing around to just go back to our place with some wine and lunch.

Likewise I assume that Air BnB which I have never used are similar?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 23:01:00 »

If you are happy being out of the main hub then there are lots of reasonably priced hotels on the RER line out to Disneyland Paris.  If you come in several stops from Marne Le Vallee then you bring the price down but benefit from the regular trains straight into the centre of Paris.  Get a Paris Visite card for the metro/RER.  Montparnasse was reasonably priced when I stayed in that area as well, much less touristy but in the main central areas.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 13:05:15 by RobertT » Logged
scillyred

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 08:43:35 »

We stayed at Hotel de Londres Eiffel which was very central and very good. It was No 1 on Tripadvisor at the time, but not too expensive, boutique hotel - whatever that means  Smiley

Didn't eat in the hotel but there was a bakery/bread shop across the road where we had breakfast, much cheaper and more atmostpheric.

Watch out for scams - if ANYONE speaks to you about anything, 99.9% likely a scam or pickpockets - they are all over the place and a total pain!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 08:48:43 »

Thanks everyone.  I will check out all of your recommendations.  Especially like the RER line hint, Rob.  Much appreciated.
Panda Paws

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 09:04:50 »

AirBnB for sure. Only source of good, central, reasonably priced accommodation we found.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: