Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Afc Rochdale v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 62190 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 17:32:27 »

No I suppose not, I was surprised how well they stood up last year to be honest.

fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 18:25:19 »

I'm fed up and won't be returning for a while.

This Tim Sherwood episode is the final straw for me.  If he's taken this DOF role as he can't take a proper manager role as he's still on the Aston Villa payroll that's completely unacceptable to me.

He's admitted he picks the team, and the tactics and style of play, also has been pictured on the training ground so why isn't he fronting up and taking the press conferences.  He needs to find his bollocks. The lack of accountability is frightening. 

All very nice and well people on twitter saying Power should sell the club and we'd have a load of people wanting to buy. Well the club was debt free and a relatively attractive proposition 4 years ago and we finished up with Jed.  Who'd want it having to pay however much he has borrowed for a club dying on its arse.

Andy Dunn was right with what he wrote in his column this morning in one of the red tops.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 18:35:24 »

What did he write?

Sorry to lose you for a bit FCB. It's hard to justify the cash to go to the game. If you aren't a season ticket holder I can see there are other priorities this close to Christmas.

But football fortunes can change quite quickly. I can't see how either, but they can. I  hope you are back when they do (you glory hunter Wink l
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 18:39:30 »

oh and I got the impression we got Jed because Black wanted out by a specific date and to hell with who he sold to. it's not a forgone conclusion he was the only interested party.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 18:46:28 »

Jed was the only interested party but still the club was a more attractive proposition then than it is now.  Any investor would have to put a serious amount of money in which limits our attractiveness for me. If as LP says he has borrowed £6m he'll want that back plus a little profit and the new owner would be lumbered with a club with no training facility also.

I have a ST and have paid up but I just don't have any interest in it all. I'm bored and disillusioned.

Andy Dunn called us a basket case of a club.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 18:47:42 »

oh.. ..

and yes I suppose we are
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 18:54:34 »

Jed was the only interested party but still the club was a more attractive proposition then than it is now.  Any investor would have to put a serious amount of money in which limits our attractiveness for me. If as LP says he has borrowed £6m he'll want that back plus a little profit and the new owner would be lumbered with a club with no training facility also.

I have a ST and have paid up but I just don't have any interest in it all. I'm bored and disillusioned.

Andy Dunn called us a basket case of a club.
Have you a link to that article?
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 19:01:20 »

Have you a link to that article?

I don't. There was one on the Facebook page earlier.  Just a few lines in the corner of his column.
redjed

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 22:56:08 »

Dunno how relevant the figures are for this season but the decline isn't as terminal as people keep banging on about.

Our average attendance  this season is well down, according to Sky stats we are currently averaging 6456 nearly a 1000 down on last season, in fact if you take out the Rovers and Coventry crowds it would be much lower

Good news , its not the end of the world today, as its tomorrow in New Zealand
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, November 20, 2016, 23:08:59 »

6,868. I literally posted the figures two posts before the one you quoted.

And yes, if you choose to ignore certain attendances it can make the average higher or lower.

I'm not arguing the fact that attendances are declining but Bart saying we'd lost 2,000 fans since 2014 is just nonsense.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 02:27:25 »

His wording was ambiguous. I read it as we've lost 1k over the last two season, which is correct. 7900 down to 6900 - give or take a few people.

It's pointless anyway.
People will come out to watch a winning team. FACT!
Style of play and everything else is pointless.
Win and they will come, lose and they will leave.
Panda Paws

« Reply #266 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 09:32:11 »

There's some great Matchday Thread Bingo in here. Experience, "battlers", too many "namby pambys"... What a lot of nonsense. The players aren't good enough, the tactics aren't working and they're shitting themselves.

It's nothing to do with age, or the ability to "battle" or run around and kick people. Branco is one of our most experienced players, and our biggest "battler" and he's a horror show, without whom we'd by far better off. El Abd was heralded as exactly what we needed last year but was, in fact, utter dross.

But I guess he kicked it far and shouted at people, which is what we need, apparently.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 09:34:49 »

You missed out "passion". We definitely need more passion. That should be the club motto "Passion not Passing". It should be printed on the shirts, underneath the word "FORWARD!!!" in massive capital letters
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 09:49:04 »

Being a player of limited ability doesn't stop them putting in some effort, making a tackle, or being organised.

A half decent coach should be able to make their team hard to beat at the very least - even if they end up losing.

Shrews went 2-0 down and had a player sent off and managed to only lose 2-1. Gills lost to Brackley in the week yet won away at Walsall Saturday.

We got thrashed by Rochdale reserves. It's not entirely down to the players.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 10:04:44 »

Being a player of limited ability doesn't stop them putting in some effort, making a tackle, or being organised.

A half decent coach should be able to make their team hard to beat at the very least - even if they end up losing.

Shrews went 2-0 down and had a player sent off and managed to only lose 2-1. Gills lost to Brackley in the week yet won away at Walsall Saturday.

We got thrashed by Rochdale reserves. It's not entirely down to the players.
If you're responding to PP, he didn't say it was entirely down to the players, he also included "the tactics aren't working".
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: