Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bolton Wanderers - official matchday thread  (Read 42875 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 08:07:02 »

I'd happily swap our style for Bolton's if it  got us up to 4th.

It's not like we are lily white is it. We've conceded penalties, had man sent off for a forearm smash, but most annoyingly we've been booked many many times for gobbing off - inexcusable
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 08:25:43 »

Flasheart - were you at a different game to me BOO was fucking shocking - first half taking players on in our third of the pitch but didn't do it the other end when he needed to and attack their full back. Back passes in his own third putting other players in trouble and too easily beaten time and again. He's simply not good enough nor is Branco who to me has cost us a lot of goals since he came back in. When he has one on one with a player he is always square on instead of sideways on and too easily beaten. The only two players who showed anything on Saturday to me were LV and NT the rest were fucking shit.
Flashheart

« Reply #227 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 08:30:31 »

You need to read it again, I said Boo was poor
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #228 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 09:16:52 »

I have toi admit I think BOO is one of the poorest left backs we have had in a while, his style suits going forward much better than defending.

Hes a wide midfieler or even a winger but even then his delivery into the box is at times attrocious and his short passing at times is extremely poor too and panics when players take him on.

There no doubt he has potential but he seems to play one good game in every 6 or 7 at best.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 09:24:02 »

I have toi admit I think BOO is one of the poorest left backs we have had in a while, his style suits going forward much better than defending.

Hes a wide midfieler or even a winger but even then his delivery into the box is at times attrocious and his short passing at times is extremely poor too and panics when players take him on.

There no doubt he has potential but he seems to play one good game in every 6 or 7 at best.

I've said it before but he reminds of Byrne in his early days, only not as good.

Every single game I've seen him in, he's been awful. He can't run, he can't cross, his passes are normally backwards and slow, he can't defend, Saturday was the first time I've seen him ever win a header. What does he offer? Brophy is inconsistent but at least he gets the fans going when he runs at defenders and he has the pace to make something happen. BOO has a perfect crossing opportunity then cuts on to his weaker foot, often trying to then cut back on to his left foot again. You get taught at primary school age that you should only have to beat your man once!

I hate moaning at players and I always try and give them the chance to prove themselves but I just don't see anything in BOO at all. I hope he proves me wrong.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 09:27:41 »

But are the players told not to cross the ball into the area just in the hope there's someone there but to keep possession until there is a pass on?

The very definition of tippy tappy.

Aren't the vast majority of goals scored from crosses - hopeful or otherwise.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #231 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 09:31:08 »

But are the players told not to cross the ball into the area just in the hope there's someone there but to keep possession until there is a pass on?
Do you know that for certain or it that what you are guessing based upon what you see?

If it is indeed true then that would explain why we have so few scoring chances in each game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 09:38:37 »

The very definition of tippy tappy.

No idea but the fact Brophy will run at his man and if he beats him he'll put a ball in (usually slowly and across the floor but still, it's a ball in). Same with Furlong and Barry (or at least they are far less hesitant).

When your wingbacks are your main outlet and one of them is BOO you're in trouble. Their right back gave him space and I think this was deliberate.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 09:41:45 »

Watching the highlights a few things;

a) what the fuck is going on in that defence, how many times did Vigorous dig them out of the shit but never seemed to get a pat on the back or acknowledgement for his efforts, doesn't really look like a cohesive unit even in terms of basic team spirit;

b) linked to that Branco seems permanently about 5 yards behind the line going either forward or tracking back;

c) their finishing was shit!

I also watched the second half of the England game and they seem to have the same problem with lots of passing, little progress and little end product!
« Last Edit: Monday, October 10, 2016, 11:32:08 by horlock07 » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 10:50:30 »

Do you know that for certain or it that what you are guessing based upon what you see?

If it is indeed true then that would explain why we have so few scoring chances in each game.
Just guessing. The number of times we decline to cross and instead pass it back and then sideways across the pitch obviously looking to slip a man seems to happen too often not to be a planned.
Panda Paws

« Reply #235 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 11:11:44 »

No, it's exactly the opposite - they're proven to be the least effective way of attacking.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 11:35:23 »

If anyone can be arsed . . .

http://thepowerofgoals.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/time-of-possession.html
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #237 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 11:52:58 »

No, it's exactly the opposite - they're proven to be the least effective way of attacking.
Or buy Fonz and Norris a latter day Pericard and Dossevi or Thorpe and Cureton.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 11:53:27 »

I know Murray has some assists since signing but yet again the standard of our set pieces was consistently bad, one of the corners Murray put in during the second half was one of the worst deliveries I have seen (although he looked at the pitch so may have slipped). Granted Bolton had a large, physical side but corners can be such a good weapon.

Back in the good old days, when we got a corner, a cry of 'come on you reds' would sound around the CG expecting something will happen. When we get a corner nowadays, you can hear the collective shrug of the shoulders as we know we are going to arse it up.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 11:56:08 »

I know Murray has some assists since signing

Sadly mainly for the opposition!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: