Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bolton Wanderers - official matchday thread  (Read 42018 times)
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 12:16:55 »

Still williams and embelton hasnt gone what a joke our club has become.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 12:34:58 »

Two wins and we'd be mid tablek nocking on the door of the playoffs.

Its bad on the pitch, I can't see how it'll change. But I think expecting him gone this month is a bit unlikely to happen.
Panda Paws

« Reply #242 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 12:56:16 »

Just watched the highlights. Yet again Branco looked hilariously out of his depth and capped it off with an awful sending off. I hope the club throw the book at him for that, and then his p45 at the earliest opportunity. Also, he never seems to run anywhere?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 13:54:59 »

I may be pissing into the wind here, but I'd imagine the fans of the other clubs clustered with us at the bottom are also questioning their tactics and/or manager.

Millwall fans are bemoaning their hoofball style, Charlton still blame their Belgian owners - despite spending big money. Gills are on Edinburgh's back despite retaining Dack and recruiting JET.

Franchise are struggling at home, as are we, and Coventry fans are worried whether they will exist much longer.

My only hope is that my view we have decent players, poorly managed, will come good(ish) in time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 14:26:18 »

I may be pissing into the wind here, but I'd imagine the fans of the other clubs clustered with us at the bottom are also questioning their tactics and/or manager.

Millwall fans are bemoaning their hoofball style, Charlton still blame their Belgian owners - despite spending big money. Gills are on Edinburgh's back despite retaining Dack and recruiting JET.

Franchise are struggling at home, as are we, and Coventry fans are worried whether they will exist much longer.

My only hope is that my view we have decent players, poorly managed, will come good(ish) in time.

You'd like to think that our financial self suffiency would be valuable going up v a basket case club £180 mill in debt, who'd been under a transfer embargo for a year or more well into the pre-season and had shown their problems by not winning since August.

But no....

I actually thought that I'd get home to discover a thread about Sheena Easton.... Sad
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 16:16:30 »

I have a feeling that they are looking for a new manager so Williams can go back to being a coach.

Can't imagine Power wanting to pay off a five year contract

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 16:23:49 »

Depends if Williams believes he can get a job elsewhere.

How can he stay and be told to coach in a style he obviously will not believe.

I'd tell Power to fuck off and cough up me contract.
Panda Paws

« Reply #247 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 16:58:19 »

None of us have got even the slightest clue about Williams' terms should he be given the boot, but I'd put my life on us not owing him the balance of his contract should it happen.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 16:58:22 »

I have a feeling that they are looking for a new manager so Williams can go back to being a coach.

Can't imagine Power wanting to pay off a five year contract

Is it actually a five year contract or one of these rolling ones that actually only give a years security and notice but sound long when they are signed, didn't Pardew have something similarly stupid at Newcastle?

A lot of unsourced bollocks gets thrown at Power but he has shown himself to be fairly astute in business terms and is thus unlikely to have signed anything silly, especially if it costs money (pure speculation on my part).
« Last Edit: Monday, October 10, 2016, 16:59:56 by horlock07 » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 17:17:11 »

Almost everything is supposition and I do feel some sympathy for Williams as the squad he has been given is so unbalanced.

What's he supposed to do with no CBs available and not even a youth team striker to chuck in. He's been given a host of midfielders who have to be stand in defenders and strikers.

We still don't really know if he had much input in the forming of his squad or whether he was handed the players and told to make do.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 17:32:38 »

Almost everything is supposition and I do feel some sympathy for Williams as the squad he has been given is so unbalanced.

What's he supposed to do with no CBs available and not even a youth team striker to chuck in. He's been given a host of midfielders who have to be stand in defenders and strikers.

We still don't really know if he had much input in the forming of his squad or whether he was handed the players and told to make do.

Tbf to Luke if he's survived today, then he shouldn't be judged on next Saturday and probably the Dale game, as we appear to be unable to put out anything like a competitive side. Maybe by the Walsall game we might have 1 centre half.

I suspect when Luke suggested we could be derailed by injuries, he knew something of the history of some of the players we have at our disposal, and taking a wing and a prayer attitude was correct.

I've known a couple of short term emergencies, where Jimmy Quinn and Dave Mitchell, have turned out at centre half, because they can head the ball. Dear old Dave had to mark Les Ferdinand at Loftus Road....Les had a brace within 25 mins.

It was often the case that a centre forward would go back to centre half as a late career move....Maurice Owen and Andy Rowland being examples.  My suggestions would be Norris v Dons....fuck all use up front anyway could be the making of him.

No doubt Luke wil go with someone like Anton Rodgers.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 17:37:00 »

Here's what Power said on Williams' appointment.

“The reason we have taken a bit of time over the appointment is that we both wanted to make sure that he was ready and comfortable to take on the other parts of the job that he hasn’t had to do up to this point – mainly picking the side and dealing with the press.

“If either of these jobs had detracted from the quality of his coaching, we would have looked at going down a different route but he has taken to the role in his usual calm, controlled manner and been totally unfazed.”

Seems like it's affecting him now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 18:20:11 »

Is it though. He seems calm and his observations seem spot on.

Its his ability to change it that's in question.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 18:52:11 »

Something that Thompson is an expert at

YES

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, October 10, 2016, 19:16:03 »

Tbf to Luke if he's survived today, then he shouldn't be judged on next Saturday and probably the Dale game, as we appear to be unable to put out anything like a competitive side. Maybe by the Walsall game we might have 1 centre half.

I suspect when Luke suggested we could be derailed by injuries, he knew something of the history of some of the players we have at our disposal, and taking a wing and a prayer attitude was correct.

I've known a couple of short term emergencies, where Jimmy Quinn and Dave Mitchell, have turned out at centre half, because they can head the ball. Dear old Dave had to mark Les Ferdinand at Loftus Road....Les had a brace within 25 mins.

It was often the case that a centre forward would go back to centre half as a late career move....Maurice Owen and Andy Rowland being examples.  My suggestions would be Norris v Dons....fuck all use up front anyway could be the making of him.

No doubt Luke wil go with someone like Anton Rodgers.

I'd chuck Kasim back there. Been useless in the middle but he's proven he can tackle. Worked for Alan McCormack. T Smith deserves a shot in the middle.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: