Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bolton Wanderers - official matchday thread  (Read 42833 times)
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 14:59:59 »

Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Booooooooo,how does he get picked?here's some news Boo is never a footballer,all the others keep getting injured why can't it be him.Boo is crap,no physical presence,slow,unskillful,short,match fit,awful,shocking,bad,shit,dopey,high on Laughing gas,a laughing stock and also picked in the starting line up.After hid performance at Oxford away i thought we would never see him again. Head Hurts :headhurts:If he was at the other end he would miss the fookin goal.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:04:40 »

Of course another manager could turn it, it happens all the time. We were toothless up front before Ling arrived as well.

Of course I'm not saying they WILL turn it around, I don't have a crystal ball. But I just don't see why people are so quick to object to the idea that a new manager COULD turn it around.

When talking about a poor team, people are often quick to say they players are not good enough or lack passion or this or that, only for a new manager to come in and get them performing well. Suddenly previous comments are forgotten as if these players that were supposedly shit or whatever become good players all of a sudden. It happens all the time.
Not all the time. Occasionally, perhaps. But the change needs to come from Power.
Flashheart

« Reply #122 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:08:14 »

Not all the time. Occasionally, perhaps. But the change needs to come from Power.

That's not the context I was aiming for.

I wasn't trying to say it works out every time, because it doesn't. Rather that it is common in football, which it is.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:16:12 »

We were shit, but it's October for fuck's sake. It's WAAAAAY too soon to be talking about relegation, but I;m sure that won't stop some of you.

Power has some decision making to do.

No, it's not. 4 home defeats in a row, with little sign of anyone scoring, and little intensity. I was sat at Shrewsbury last week thinking how poor they were, and yet we were just as bad. We couldn't score against 10 men for nearly an hour in the week. I know you can't get to games, but it really is dire watching it...
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:17:02 »

Twitter:

#Swindon - 12 pts in opening 12 lge games. Same amount #Robins had after 12 games last season. #stfc sacked Mark Cooper after 13 in 2015-16.
Flashheart

« Reply #125 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:19:58 »

No, it's not. 4 home defeats in a row, with little sign of anyone scoring, and little intensity. I was sat at Shrewsbury last week thinking how poor they were, and yet we were just as bad. We couldn't score against 10 men for nearly an hour in the week. I know you can't get to games, but it really is dire watching it...

I didn't say that we're not shit. You've missed the point.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:31:30 »

Today was truly awful and for the first time I now believe we need a change. I have nothing against Luke Williams and i'm sure he is a good coach but he is not a Manager.

We are playing at home and we create nothing. The only two shots we had were two tame free kicks.

How did we start the second half with 10 players ?. Poor own goal which should have been dealt with and top it off Branco's stupid decision to get himself sent off.

Williams didn't change anything, made one change which was forced. With the exception of Vigs and Thompson the team was poor. I would have taken Boo off at half time, no let me change that he shouldn't be starting ahead of James Brophy and what does Tom Smith have to do to get a game.

No passion, no movement, it's boring. no wonder the crowds are dropping.

Very disillusioned.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:32:50 »

Tim Sherwood in perhaps (he says in jest)

I think you'll find that up in the level that Sherwood moves around in their contracts are not necessarily paid up in a lump sum. They are more likely to be on a permanent paid leave type of situation until they get another job or the contract expires. If the contract is paid up then at a % of the remaining value to shift them off the books. After all if you relieve your manager of his duties and say pay up his £5m contract & two months later he walks into another multi million pound job, you'd feel pissed off. So as heartwarming as it would be for some I can see Sherwood only occupying a seat in the directors box not the dugout. I do acknowledge your post was in jest (before a forum meltdown).
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:35:49 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:34:57 »

That was shocking again.  If power is the one who gets the players in he has shot us in the foot before we even kicked a ball this season.  At every level you have to be able to compete physically.

We seem to be trying to reinvent football.  Where you don't have to be able to tackle, you don't have to win headers or defend.

Bolton manager would probably have said just wait for free kicks and corners, we will score easy as its like men agaisnt dwarfs.

Every ex pro on radio says you have to win the right to play football.  That means be up for the fight doesn't it, that means being able to stand up against physically strong teams.  Do power n Williams not see the MASSIVE deficiencies in the squad they put together.

Defensively we are shocking. Boo can't defend he just doesn't know how. Brophy the same. Barry the same.  We have no defensive midfield's at all.

All fans wanted a experienced strong centre back in the summer , someone who could simply defend. We also wanted a midfielder who had bite about him and could tackle. We got neither.

Inept recruitment, inept coach, inept performances.  To early to say we going down ? With no change its inevitable.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:37:58 »

That was shocking again.  If power is the one who gets the players in he has shot us in the foot before we even kicked a ball this season.  At every level you have to be able to compete physically.

We seem to be trying to reinvent football.  Where you don't have to be able to tackle, you don't have to win headers or defend.

Bolton manager would probably have said just wait for free kicks and corners, we will score easy as its like men agaisnt dwarfs.

Every ex pro on radio says you have to win the right to play football.  That means be up for the fight doesn't it, that means being able to stand up against physically strong teams.  Do power n Williams not see the MASSIVE deficiencies in the squad they put together

Defensively we are shocking. Boo can't defend he just doesn't know how. Brophy the same. Barry the same.  We have no defensive midfield's at all.

All fans wanted a experienced strong centre back in the summer , someone who could simply defend. We also wanted a midfielder who had bite about him and could tackle. We got neither.

Inept recruitment, inept coach, inept performances.  To early to say we going down ? With no change its inevitable.

Yes agreed to early to say we're going down but on current form we'll have 46 points. However, I think it's not to early to say we're not going up either.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:39:51 »

That was shocking again.  If power is the one who gets the players in he has shot us in the foot before we even kicked a ball this season.  At every level you have to be able to compete physically.

We seem to be trying to reinvent football.  Where you don't have to be able to tackle, you don't have to win headers or defend.

Every ex pro on radio says you have to win the right to play football.  That means be up for the fight doesn't it, that means being able to stand up against physically strong teams.  Do power n Williams not see the MASSIVE deficiencies in the squad they put together.

Defensively we are shocking. Boo can't defend he just doesn't know how. Brophy the same. Barry the same.  We have no defensive midfield's at all.

Inept recruitment, inept coach, inept performances.  To early to say we going down ? With no change its inevitable.

Good points although we did get the midfielder you described,he's just not playing!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:43:15 »

We obviously miss Doherty but don't see him as a ball winner. He's not like a Steve Foley or Darren bullock  :-)

« Last Edit: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:44:46 by Chippy Red » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:44:24 »

Many thought this would be a difficult season in which we'd be involved in a relegation battle, and so it has proved.

At least so far today the sides below us aren't pulling up trees.

There's no evidence that Luke can succeed in this battle, as there's also no evidence that Power will appoint a proper boss.

We may well find ourselves bottom of the pile fairly soon, as we'll be entering the next 3 games with no available centre backs, and no player with more than a goal to his credit this season.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:48:37 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #133 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:45:31 »

Many thought this would be a difficult season in which we'd be involved in a relegation battle, and so it has proved.

No, it has not. Behave Reginald.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:46:42 »

We look mentally shot, spineless and weak, and have done since about February

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: