Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bolton Wanderers - official matchday thread  (Read 42957 times)
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:47:54 »

I think Luke is out of his depth Reg.  But I can't believe that with power being a former player how he has no idea what qualities a squad needs to be able to compete.

Does Sherwood not sit next to power and say " sorry mate but you mucked up your recruitment big time"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 15:58:14 »

No, it has not. Behave Reginald.

Sadly the Latics look to have joined us on 12, but will need another goal to go above us.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but I can't see anything other than this being a difficult season, which will mean being involved in a relegation battle.  I'm unsure if we have enough to win the battle, as things stand we don't.
Flashheart

« Reply #137 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 16:01:00 »

It's not a matter of opinion. It's a matter of your previous comment being nonsense. It's October. We could still go up. Nothing has been proven, that much is a fact.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 16:06:45 »

Seems nothing is to change luke williams stays in charge see you next week.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #139 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 16:19:24 »

Total shite, gutless, typical Town performance. I was willing to give Luke until X Mas but we'll be down by then. Bolton were fucking crap but managed how many one on ones.
The positives - Vigs was excellent. Furlong looked good on the right. I felt sorry for Delfonesco who I thought put a good shift in but fucked up when put through by Branco.
The negatives - BOO was shockingly shit and i nearly ruptured the veins in my neck when he did that shitty little back heel in the first half following good work by Murray. Branco is a stupid unprofessional cunt. Our defence is still laughable. Norris offers nothing. Tactically what the fuck were we doing. The two strikers were running the channels and I suppose Goddard was to fill the gap.Talking of Goddard, I thought he was lucky to get a yellow, it looked way over the top and late to me. There is no leader on the field.
Both teams were there for the taking. We've now lost to 4 ordinary to crap teams at home. There has not been an exciting game yet at home. The crowd against Rochdale will be interesting.Most people I talk to about Town are pretty much going out of duty with no expectation of a result or being entertained.
Flashheart

« Reply #140 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 16:21:49 »

Does Boo ever even try to beat his man?
REDBUCK

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 16:28:49 »

Yes but in all the wrong areas of the pitch.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 16:32:35 »

I was impressed with Murray, particularly in the first half. Overall the game was shite. Don't understand the level of stick Branco gets and I'm not talking about his idiotic sending off. Both he (Until the red mist descended) and Thompson were our best outfield players.

I enjoy watching possession football, but it needs to be played with pace. Ours is too pedestrian too often and easy to counter. No panic from me yet, but it's worrying times....

It's All Good..............
danielsan

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 16:42:16 »

Ok, its not panic stations yet.

We need a new left back/ wing back Asap and ideally a Centre half

Also kasim needs to pull his finger out his arse. Hes never gonna get that move to te championship he wants playing like that.

Also a mew manager wouldnt go amiss  Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 17:00:31 »

It's not a matter of opinion. It's a matter of your previous comment being nonsense. It's October. We could still go up. Nothing has been proven, that much is a fact.

STFC could exist in a different quantum universe, where we win the Champion's League, just that it's not very likely.

In much the same way as your belief that we could go up.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 17:27:32 »

Haven't read back.

Out til 3am in Belfast...up at 5:45 to get early flight to get home to see game.
It was a wasted effort.
Thought we played better than usual in large patches but still shite in the final third.

Bolton were truly woeful and we just didn't have the nous to beat them.

It's depressing because there is zero light at the end of the tunnel.

How can/will it change!?!?

Shit...depressed and fucked off.

Clems Army!
woolster

« Reply #146 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 17:44:40 »

as some have said, its not panic time yet which is very true, BUT how much longer will people put up with the frustrating boring football, going on Todays att not many
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 17:58:00 »

Just seen the highlights... that is some shit own goal

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 18:17:03 »

What's Alex Henshalls problem with Swindon then?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, October 8, 2016, 18:28:20 »

I was pretty hacked off at full time but given time to think about it, I don't think it's through lack of effort from the team. There is something just not clicking which sadly seems to be up front. Norris and Delfouneso work bloody hard yet nothing comes off. Norris needs a goal to go in off his arse and Delfouneso has clearly become tired of the midfield/defence as he starts to make a run, then check, only for the ball carrier to release it. This needs to be resolved as I reckon he makes runs and works bloody hard (his block on the keeper in the first half case in point)

I also feel sorry for Nathan Thompson and Vigoroux who deserve a lot better. Despite Vigs making 4 fantastic stops I never thought Bolton were miles better than us. We need a bit of luck, perhaps we'll get it at Wimbledon next week?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: