Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Turf Wars  (Read 6507 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 09:28:50 »

So the row of houses i live in has a courtyard type parking arrangement where each house has 1 designated marked parked space and there are a number of unmarked parking spaces.
A few months back a car that i didn't recognise was parked in an unmarked space, this car had a note on it from two doors down saying not to park there as it’s their space. I dug out the deeds to my house and this spot is marked as a visitor spot. Thought nothing of it, I don't use the space, so no skin off my nose.
Over the last couple of days another house a few doors further down have been leaving a note on a car parked in another unmarked spot saying that this spot belongs to them, threatening to get the car towed if they keep parking there.

I’m just curious to know if there is anyone I can call to find out if they are telling the truth. Part of me is being nosey and another part is thinking well, if they can get an extra spot, i want one too :-)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 09:44:26 »

Do you live in a new build area?

Have you spoke with the neighbours face to face?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 09:51:00 »

There is a similar arrangement where I live but the 'visitor' spaces are marked with a 'V'. In practice, though, these often get used by people who live in neighbouring streets who have more cars than parking spaces - so they're not really 'visitors'. It means that when real visitors turn up, there is nowhere for them to park.

When I bought my house, I was told that the Council would 'own' the visitor parking spaces, and I can't believe they would sell them off (although Reg may have a different view on that  Smiley).  I expect your neighours are just blagging it with their notes.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 09:55:49 »

Do you live in a new build area?

Have you spoke with the neighbours face to face?

The development is about 10 years now.

I haven't spoken to my neighbour, it's not affecting me, as i said, im just being nosey.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 09:59:31 »

So the row of houses i live in has a courtyard type parking arrangement where each house has 1 designated marked parked space and there are a number of unmarked parking spaces.
A few months back a car that i didn't recognise was parked in an unmarked space, this car had a note on it from two doors down saying not to park there as it’s their space. I dug out the deeds to my house and this spot is marked as a visitor spot. Thought nothing of it, I don't use the space, so no skin off my nose.
Over the last couple of days another house a few doors further down have been leaving a note on a car parked in another unmarked spot saying that this spot belongs to them, threatening to get the car towed if they keep parking there.

I’m just curious to know if there is anyone I can call to find out if they are telling the truth. Part of me is being nosey and another part is thinking well, if they can get an extra spot, i want one too :-)

The approved planning drawings should show the parking arrangement and clearly show which are allocated and which are visitor spaces(would have needed to show this to keep the Highways Consultee happy!), although if the development is 10 years old they are unlikely to be on line so would mean a ball ache of a visit to the Council office.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 10:02:45 »

You can get a copy of the title plan on the Land Registry website. It costs a couple of quid but the plan will show if the parking space is part of their title or not.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 10:04:01 »

Keep writing notes and putting them on different cars and say they're from different houses and hopefully you'll get a good cat fight or late night argument out of it.
Flashheart

« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 10:06:35 »

Keep writing notes and putting them on different cars and say they're from different houses and hopefully you'll get a good cat fight or late night argument out of it.

This.

And keep a video camera handy.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 10:11:10 »

Or record it on a dashcam  Cheesy

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 10:15:54 »

I like this idea. I'll make sure i put a passive aggressive note on my own car so the neighbours dont get suspect.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 10:17:35 »

The approved planning drawings should show the parking arrangement and clearly show which are allocated and which are visitor spaces(would have needed to show this to keep the Highways Consultee happy!), although if the development is 10 years old they are unlikely to be on line so would mean a ball ache of a visit to the Council office.
The drawings i have (which are 10 years old) show each house to have 1 space and the rest are unmarked for visitors. Is it possible that these houses have infact purchased the spaces?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 10:18:39 »

The women in the 2 houses are very fit, so i'd like to see this.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 10:38:24 »

I was going to say just that. Good stuff !
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 14:08:05 »

The drawings i have (which are 10 years old) show each house to have 1 space and the rest are unmarked for visitors. Is it possible that these houses have infact purchased the spaces?

Who would they have purchased them off, I assume the flats are leasehold and there is a residents company or something - they should know and I suspect are probably the owners of the non designated spaces?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 14:26:36 »

Who would they have purchased them off, I assume the flats are leasehold and there is a residents company or something - they should know and I suspect are probably the owners of the non designated spaces?
Its not flats, its houses, there no resident company involved.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: