Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 138573 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 15:37:47 »

Club statement.  No change to ticketing arrangements:

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/chairmans-statement-bristol-rovers-tickets-3284041.aspx
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 15:42:05 »

short version: tough shit
Flashheart

« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 15:44:33 »

I'm more disturbed at his claim that this was all down to an imaginary being.

Power out.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 15:47:42 »

Nice easy start for ASD!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 15:50:21 »

I'm more disturbed at his claim that this was all down to an imaginary being.

Power out.

I'd have it down to climate change....a man made phenomenon. Power cut.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 15:52:35 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 15:54:07 »

"Our Season Ticket holders support the team week in, week out and make up more than half of our attendance figure on a matchday so we have decided to reward their loyalty with free entry to the replay"
This comment irks me somewhat. When i was a regular at town games i never had a season ticket but would still frequent probably 90% of the seasons home games. Why is someone who has a season ticket more loyal over someone who does not.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 15:56:47 »

Quick way to settle it.. loyalty points Wink

Nah, I can see why that may grate
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 16:02:19 »

"Our Season Ticket holders support the team week in, week out and make up more than half of our attendance figure on a matchday so we have decided to reward their loyalty with free entry to the replay"
This comment irks me somewhat. When i was a regular at town games i never had a season ticket but would still frequent probably 90% of the seasons home games. Why is someone who has a season ticket more loyal over someone who does not.

They're not, but in the current economic climate the club is grateful for dosh up front to get through the summer.  Undoubtedly, season ticket holders keep the club afloat.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 16:05:10 »

So as expected....no climb down.

Tough shit statement rubbing salt In the wounds...

Doesn't change my mind on Power don't like, don't dislike him.

I will give the game a miss...thanks but no thanks...nearly £40 for a match from the TE is too much.

The lads have decided the same and also give the Pox a miss as the Kassam experience is a shit one....we are probably a jinx anyway after losing the last 5 we have all witnessed live.

Even the happy clappers on here cannot deny that the clubs PR is dogshit it was ratshit before.

Anyway...it's a shame.

Hopefully we will win, get a reasonable gate and all move on. The bitter taste will surely fade after a few wins.

Clems Army!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 16:07:13 »

Its not really tough shit.

It's more of "Yeah we can see you're pissed off but this is why we're doing it".

Me and a few guys who couldn't make the first game are going.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 16:20:48 »

they explained why they were doing it yesterday.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 16:23:47 »

Well now the chairman has done it with slightly more detail Smiley
digby

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 16:26:27 »

This information regarding the cost of policing does not support Powers argument about needing to charge full price to cover the cost. If we add to the £14000 to allow for higher midweek cost (why ?) and the cost of stewarding, lets say a total of £25000, then this could be recouped by charging a tenner for those who attended on saturday - say 2500 Rovers fans and 2500 non season ticket holders = £50000 which is a nice little earner on top of saturdays gate receipts. 

The additional goodwill generated would reap handsome rewards in the future, as now the opposite will happen - fans will either not turn up for the replay or will bear a grudge for the future which will impact negatively.

I think Power has missed a good opportunity, and has scored an own goal !   Bad Mood
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 16:29:44 »

This information regarding the cost of policing does not support Powers argument about needing to charge full price to cover the cost. If we add to the £14000 to allow for higher midweek cost (why ?) and the cost of stewarding, lets say a total of £25000, then this could be recouped by charging a tenner for those who attended on saturday - say 2500 Rovers fans and 2500 non season ticket holders = £50000 which is a nice little earner on top of saturdays gate receipts. 

The additional goodwill generated would reap handsome rewards in the future, as now the opposite will happen - fans will either not turn up for the replay or will bear a grudge for the future which will impact negatively.

I think Power has missed a good opportunity, and has scored an own goal !   Bad Mood

Where have these figures actually come from?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 16:30:22 »

What irks me about that line is the suggestion that it was generous of the club not to charge ST holders, because by rights they'd already used up their voucher on the original game. Imagine the shitstorm if they'd just tried charging them full price. Looking to spin this as generous "free entry" is beyond disingenuous.

What's the betting that the lost value of no-shows for the new date will be greater than the value of the marginal loss on tickets discounted by say 25% would have been, especially among Rovers fans who are being more or less encouraged by their club to boycott? Not good business, and again not much effort to generate goodwill. This really is Power's blind spot.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: