Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 138592 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 15:44:53 »

I fully endorse Power's decision, I was in need of a laugh.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 15:49:01 »

Shame that the club have done it, logical decision would have been to partly reimburse ticket (e.g. 30% off) for those who display ticket stubs.

Saying that, as people have said... we have a budget to maintain and costs for police must be very high for this type of game so can still understand why the club have done it.

I suppose looking at it as the club cannot guarantee how many will turn up they have to pitch the tickets at a level to ensure they don't end up out of pocket, so if they knock 30% off they will have to be sure that this will mean enough attend.

No idea, essentially damned if they do and buggered if they don't!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 15:49:16 »

Trying to not lose money due to factors out of your control seemingly doesn't make for good PR.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 15:52:52 »

Trying to not lose money due to factors out of your control seemingly doesn't make for good PR.

Its the same as those who moan that Power won't put millions into the club and then also moan when burgers go up 20p.

The petition has comments, they are pretty good although looking at the numbers people are signing it, perhaps it will be debated in parliament?

Edit - there is a comment from a BRFC fan that there was no running water in the toilets, bet there was on Saturday!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 15:55:38 by horlock07 » Logged
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 15:55:56 »

Quote from: petition
On the 27th August, Swindon's match was the only game abandoned across the entire Football League, despite the adverse weather conditions up and down the country.

That makes it sound like it was the groundsmans fault that the game was abandoned. Find me another League 1 pitch that could have coped with that downpour  Huh?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 15:57:41 »

That makes it sound like it was the groundsmans fault that the game was abandoned. Find me another League 1 pitch that could have coped with that downpour  Huh?

Hang on a fucking minute, I didn't say that.... - OK you have changed it now!! Cheesy were any other games actually being played at the same time as ours anyway?

However the infamous Jordan Cook has noted that 'I'm signing because this is wrong and Lee Power is utter scum'.  Doh
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 15:59:30 by horlock07 » Logged
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:00:13 »

That makes it sound like it was the groundsmans fault that the game was abandoned. Find me another League 1 pitch that could have coped with that downpour  Huh?

Maybe there wasn't one, but it was the only game abandoned in the country.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:03:23 »

"Why not just a £5 to cover the policing costs"
"Swindons stupidity watering the pitch in despite of the forecast"

The comments 👍🏻

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:17:31 »

Hang on a fucking minute, I didn't say that.... - OK you have changed it now!! Cheesy

Just had to click quote on something, just happened to be yours.. nothing personal  Roll Eyes  Smug Fuck Off
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:26:35 »

Maybe there wasn't one, but it was the only game abandoned in the country.

As I said before I think at the time of the rain it was the only game being played in the Country! Looking wider afield the yellow lot were away as were Reading, the Shitty game went ahead but that was a 3.00 start!
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:29:30 »

Just heard the news.
My intention for this season, was to watch the Town at home against Rovers and the piss stains, then away games aplenty. I came away from watching 59 minutes and thinking the football wasn't half as annoying as last season and probably of thrown a few more home games into the mix.
This sorry shit of an executive decision has sent me the other way. I will not buy another ticket for the rearranged game and the piss stains. Just leaving me with the away games.
Power knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. Total Knob end.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:29:44 »

Just had to click quote on something, just happened to be yours.. nothing personal  Roll Eyes  Smug Fuck Off

Crying

inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:32:27 »

As I said before I think at the time of the rain it was the only game being played in the Country! Looking wider afield the yellow lot were away as were Reading, the Shitty game went ahead but that was a 3.00 start!
strangely localised. Salisbury had wall to wall sunshine and Chippenham had a drizzle. A couple I know was over by oxford and was drenched.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:34:00 »

Seems from the pictures the rain had nowhere to go, is there no drains/drainage at the perimeter of the playing pitch/grass?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:38:11 »

On the train from South Wales it really only brightened up once we got into Swindon! But nothing like the rain we had eventually at the CG.

Regarding the whole issue.. I don't know. I don't agree with it at all but I've become so disillusioned from all the 'Power is Hitler' hysterical tweeters that even legitimate concerns just wash over me now. It seems like a very bad and misjudged move, but not the end of the world. That and I'm pretty sure there'll be a reversal at some point.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: