Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Olympics  (Read 35767 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 11:19:00 »

I thought we paid more in to the EU than we received back in subsidies, etc. So we'll be a net gainer and there will be no "lost" cash on Brexit...

We do (I think the figure is roughly £191m a week net once rebates etc are taken into account, not the £350m banded about), I think the point is ignoring whatever we save by leaving the EU, to match the subsidies as Hammond has suggested is going to mean the Government splashing out c.£6bn a year be that from the savings made from not paying the EU (I won't mention that already having been earmarked for the NHS). To be honest I think PE were merely pointing out its a fair few quid the Duke of Westminster has saved and used a figure in the media this week to illustrate it?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 11:19:08 »

I thought we paid more in to the EU than we received back in subsidies, etc. So we'll be a net gainer and there will be no "lost" cash on Brexit...

True, anecdotally it seems that many were taken in by the Tory lies that £350 a week would go to the NHS.

Areas like the NE, Cornwall and South Wales who voted for Brexit, and are large recipients of EU cash, will now have to hope that the Tories fire some of the largesse their way, rathe than vanity projects for London.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 11:22:45 »

True, anecdotally it seems that many were taken in by the Tory lies that £350 a week would go to the NHS.

I suspect that Gisela Stuart at the very least would be offended at the suggestion it was a Tory lie and Nigel Powell didn't counter it until he was forced to post referendum by the cutting questioning of Susanna Reid?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 11:27:15 »

We all know you think the Tories are bleeding the NHS dry, Reg, but come on now, only "£350 a week"? 

Pint
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 11:30:53 »

We all know you think the Tories are bleeding the NHS dry, Reg, but come on now, only "£350 a week"? 

Pint

What's a missing mill between friends?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 11:34:51 »

I suspect that Gisela Stuart at the very least would be offended at the suggestion it was a Tory lie and Nigel Powell didn't counter it until he was forced to post referendum by the cutting questioning of Susanna Reid?

Last time I looked this fella was in the Tory party...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 11:43:00 »

Last time I looked this fella was in the Tory party...

Yeah fine  Roll Eyes, he was the only one who made the statement, you are completely right that it was an entirely Conservative conspiracy and no Labour MP's stated likewise, I blame Thatcher.  Girl Giggle

Pint  Pint  Pint  Pint
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 12:22:38 »

I think calling it a Tory lie because a Tory used it is stretching it a bit there Reg.

The lie was an Outist lie. Some Outists were Tory, some Labour, some UKIP.

There were Tories on the innie side as well. Were they spouting Tory truths?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 13:18:43 »

I think calling it a Tory lie because a Tory used it is stretching it a bit there Reg.

The lie was an Outist lie. Some Outists were Tory, some Labour, some UKIP.

There were Tories on the innie side as well. Were they spouting Tory truths?

Is there such a thing....  Cheesy
adje

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 16:47:56 »

Those guys in the badminton!I have to say that's my favourite british medal so far.seem like brilliant lads

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 16:56:51 »

John Inverdale is currently reporting from the boxing arena.  Hopefully, a passing boxer will give him a right upper cut.  Grin
adje

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 16:59:40 »

John Inverdale is currently reporting from the boxing arena.  Hopefully, a passing boxer will give him a right upper cut.  Grin

That would be the greatest moment of these olympics.utter cunt

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 17:00:06 »

the BMX seems to be carnage

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 17:08:44 »

Please let this happen !!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 17:13:23 »

What's John Inverdale done to piss everybody off?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: