Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Coventry City - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 33507 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #135 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 17:40:35 »

Well Coventry fans didn't seem to think much of us...bad losers? it looks like it.

From their forum...

We'll look back at this match in a few months time, when Swindon are rooted in the bottom 4 and it's become fully apparent just how awful they are, and it will expose just how ridiculous our squad and pre-season was.

Very poor performance. Swindon are also garbage.

We weren't any worse than swindon , they're gonna have a shit season judging by what I just saw

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 17:43:54 »

First half fair enough. Second half we were much better and after that number 10 went off they had nothing about them. We weren't great though
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 17:45:07 »

I couldn't give a monkeys what Coventry fans think. We're not a complete squad either.

They must be sick of losing to rubbish ol' Swindon Town.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 17:45:20 »

The chances they had, they should've been 2-0 up inside 7 minutes from defensive fuck ups.
They should be more worried about how shit they were today.
We looked pretty good in comparison and dominated the 2nd half.

If either of these teams are rooted in the bottom four then it's going to be them, they've continued their poor form from last season and look a much worse team than last year.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 17:52:48 »

Well Coventry fans didn't seem to think much of us...bad losers? it looks like it.

From their forum...

After one game they state we are utter garbage, blimey.
Thanks for the 3 points (again)

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 17:53:17 »

so
So then with 2-3 additions we could have a strong 1st team, strong bench and promising youngsters ready to step up when needed.
i know you said could  - I think it's too early to call that one way or the other. Coventry were too poor to be a proper barometer, early season is always odd results wise.

But more importantly we have no idea whether we have managed to compensate for ajose loss. And the Coventry fans are right, we will be punished by better teams than them (much of the league on today's performance).

don't take that the wrong way, you could have it spot on.

the midfield though I have no doubts about. it'll more than compete with most teams in this league.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 17:54:52 »

I couldn't give a monkeys what Coventry fans think. We're not a complete squad either.

They must be sick of losing to rubbish ol' Swindon Town.
I always like to read an opposition view of the game, especialy when we have won.

I does show how some fans are so totally blinkered to their own teams performance and inadequacies they cannot envisage praising the opposition even if deserved.

And yes they must really hate playing us!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 18:00:56 »

Thought his keeping was excellent but kicking pretty poor. 4 straight out of play?
And about 10 that went straight on to Obika's head.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #143 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 18:04:15 »

Also big up to Thomas. Played right side centre half then left side centre half then right again. Not bad for a midfielder. We'll have a bit of height in midfield with him and doughty. He looks decent. Kept it simple.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 18:08:57 »

Thought his keeping was excellent but kicking pretty poor. 4 straight out of play?
Two quality saves I thought - not out of this world but decent saves anyway!  Kicking could improve but he had a good game, dominated his area when the corners came in.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 18:25:06 »

Plus Ched Evans equalised against Oxford today, always liked him Smiley
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 18:45:43 »

From their forum...

"We'll look back at this match in a few months time, when Swindon are rooted in the bottom 4 and it's become fully apparent just how awful they are, and it will expose just how ridiculous our squad and pre-season was.

Very poor performance. Swindon are also garbage.

We weren't any worse than swindon , they're gonna have a shit season judging by what I just saw"  

We're 3 points closer to safety than they are...

"Absolute Calamity!"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 18:49:30 »

Doughty, Kasim and Goddard could be very good at this level.

Almost back in the smoke so few thoughts -

We gifted Coventry their chances and thankfully they didn't take them. Apart from Jodi Jones, who is clearly class, none of their side worried me. Brophy was appalling for the first 20 minutes or so but excellent after that and deserved MOM for me with a hard working performance down the left. He is effortlessly and deceptively quick and seems to have learnt how to be more composed when in the box creating a golden opportunity for Thomas which he smacked over and then the winning goal.

Kasim, excellent, Obika showed flashes and Goddard looked handy. Nathan Thompson solid as well. Lots of positives including Jordan Young who hit a pearler of a shot that looked every inch a goal only to smack the bar.

Introduce the new signings and maybe a couple of more and we'll be ok this season. Great way to start the season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 19:26:26 »

I agree with most of what's been said, bit I also think Barry covered every blade of grass, worked hard and tried to be available for the ball. Played very well.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 19:38:26 »

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10526233/swindon-1-0-coventry
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: