Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Three Coaches Depart  (Read 26332 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, June 2, 2016, 19:38:43 »

I couldn't trust anyone who bans meat sales inside a ground.

Be a saladist by all means, but don't impose it on others.

Vegetarianism is one thing, but veganism  Suicide

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, June 2, 2016, 19:39:30 »

Probably basing his comment like I do, on available evidence, so from Hale....

Maybe FGR pay their goalkeeping coach, a closer sum of money to what their players earn, but that would be unusual...
If you re-read the quote, it seems to be more about security than money ("a better contract and most importantly one offering far greater security for myself and my wife in an industry which is volatile and insecure"). So more likely he's been offered a longer term contract or maybe he was previously on an as and when basis and is now on a firmer contract. Doesn't always have to be about the headline rate
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, June 2, 2016, 19:46:02 »

Well, probably not in Jewell's case as he is (supposedly) Power's hire. Or Power's nepotism, doing a favour for a mate's lad, depending on who you believe

I've never heard the name before, what did he do?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, June 2, 2016, 19:48:13 »

I've never heard the name before, what did he do?
Supposedly, Power's good mates with Paul Jewell and Sam employed as a favour. No idea if that's true, even if they are mates doesn't mean Jewell Jr isn't good at his job anyway. The fact he's moved on to a higher placed club suggests he knows his stuff unless his Dad supposedly has mates there too.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 2, 2016, 19:50:16 »

The stuff about Vince and his motives for involvement in FGR reminded me of this quite interesting article a mate put on FB recently:

http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2016/5/31/11820830/reading-fc-royal-elm-park-enabling-development-mk-dons

Similar pattern - using a football club as an enabling development for a bigger property deal (allegedly)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 2, 2016, 19:54:32 »

The stuff about Vince and his motives for involvement in FGR reminded me of this quite interesting article a mate put on FB recently:

http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2016/5/31/11820830/reading-fc-royal-elm-park-enabling-development-mk-dons

Similar pattern - using a football club as an enabling development for a bigger property deal (allegedly)
Sums it up exactly. Desperate to get the club in the football league so he can claim the benefit to the local area card!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 2, 2016, 19:57:20 »

Aware of this (I live there) but Javelin Park (where he was actually looking originally) where the incinerator is going is an existing brown field site whereas Eastington where the 'Eco Park' is proposed is Green Field and the roads would never cope down on J13 with a business park as cars already back up on to the motorway there at rush hour. All of the local residents have already raised a petition and with so many existing business parks within a 5 mile radius that still have scope for expansion I don't see it happening anytime soon.
It won't happen and if it does it'll take so long Vince will get bored and fuck off somewhere else.
Point is that in reality the football club is just a pawn in a bigger end game and with the inevitable consequence of disappearing into the oblivion. Having met Vince he's a fairly obnoxious character to say the least who constantly tries to force his own opinions down your throat.
Sounds positive for Cooper, someone there to blame when things don't go right?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 2, 2016, 23:51:13 »

Not a bad article to start, but i'm struggling to see what the property development angle would be? I know Reading very well and there's not much left to develop that side ,unless they are on about moving across the M4? Or West to the lakes/old gravel pits?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #38 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 07:53:28 »

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 08:21:12 »

I reckon they've just arrived.  I wonder if Power will bother with replacements  Hmmm
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 09:03:47 »

Supposedly, Power's good mates with Paul Jewell and Sam employed as a favour. No idea if that's true, even if they are mates doesn't mean Jewell Jr isn't good at his job anyway. The fact he's moved on to a higher placed club suggests he knows his stuff unless his Dad supposedly has mates there too.
He is specifically the Seagulls u-21 recruitment chief, guess he had the same job here but we didn't see any results from it!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 09:11:07 »

Jewell was an opposition scout.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 09:12:36 »

Williams said they will be very difficult to replace so its a bit of a blow really. Hopefully Power can use his contacts to replace them adequately.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #43 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 09:17:16 »

Sounds positive for Cooper, someone there to blame when things don't go right?
Yeah....Hale, Lindsay and Huelin Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 09:39:24 »

Williams said they will be very difficult to replace so its a bit of a blow really. Hopefully Power can use his contacts to replace them adequately.

Although it is an inconvenience, I very much doubt Luke Williams would say 'fuck 'em, we'll replace them easily'.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: