Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BTCC 2016  (Read 16557 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 11:43:46 »

It's that time again, yay!

Starts again this weekend, I missed Media Day last Tuesday as I was driving to Disneyland Paris Bad Mood but I've got a VIP ticket with the AmD team for this Sunday, which is laaaaaaavely! First time I've made it to the opening races of the season, should be good fun. I should be headed to Thruxton on the 8th of May as well, not sure about any other dates yet.

Interested to see how the Subaru Levorg tourer goes, a new manufacturer-backed entry with the BMR team who nearly took the title last season. Shame Plato is driving one of them...   Cunt

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 13:16:37 »

Do you not like Plato?  I missed that Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 14:12:16 »

My Boss is driving for Honda this year, so should be getting VIP for the silverstone meeting in Sept.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 07:51:37 »

You work for Ceravision?

derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 08:19:20 »

Yeah
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 10:16:26 »

Ah cool. Hell of an accident your boss had in '08...  Eek He's knocked about with a couple of teams in the past 4 or 5 years, hopefully he can make it work with Honda!

derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 12:53:29 »

Apparently his son is one to watch out for in the future, I think he knows he is third drive, he hasnt got the talent to take on the other 2 Honda drivers, but for 600,000 grand and a racing licence you can get a drive for a BTCC team (allegedly)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 22:12:32 »

Less than that for a team further down the grid, but that third Honda drive is a premium one. Hope it comes off for him!

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 08:29:22 »

In short, Sunday was brilliant. Loved the circuit, the hospitality was brilliant, the grid walk before Race 2 was cool, the racing was really good to watch, and I got onto the top 12 leaderboard of lap times for a lap around Brands at a sim race centre called Racehub which is based at the circuit, the rigs they have there cost over £10k each, the cockpits are on (small) hydraulic jacks so when you go off track you get jiggled about. The sensation was brilliant! Trying to convince my brother-in-law we need a place like that in Swindon... Tongue

derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 10:49:24 »

In short, Sunday was brilliant. Loved the circuit, the hospitality was brilliant, the grid walk before Race 2 was cool, the racing was really good to watch, and I got onto the top 12 leaderboard of lap times for a lap around Brands at a sim race centre called Racehub which is based at the circuit, the rigs they have there cost over £10k each, the cockpits are on (small) hydraulic jacks so when you go off track you get jiggled about. The sensation was brilliant! Trying to convince my brother-in-law we need a place like that in Swindon... Tongue

We have two places like that in milton Keynes, one recently did a 24 hr endurance race, teams of 4, a good spread of food, breakfast, pizza etc, licenced bar, my mate took part and said it was pretty good.

Neate didnt do very well did he
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 11:07:39 »

no indeed he didn't... finished behind a rookie who was in last year's title winning Honda Civic, with older-spec suspension, engine, steering box etc which is by rule slower than the latest spec Civic, in which Neate was. Not good, he needs to kick on...

A couple of friends were driving in that 24hr race with the Downforce Radio boys, bloody hard work! There's two crap-looking sim places, one in oxford, one in reading, run by the same company. Single screens, a normal seat and the same wheel and pedals I have, not at all that emersive. I think a proepr sim race centre in Swindon would do well... haven't found any in Bristol yet either.

derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 12:04:45 »

There is a simulator centre in Stevenage, its all just F1 Simulators, would love to give that a crack. It is hard work tho, you dont appreciate how much reflexes you need to get one round a track, its like your brain cant work fast enough to co-ordinate your body, full on concentration.

Christy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 21:49:14 »

I've never had an interest in this before but we're sponsoring Tom Ingram at Speedworks, who I believe won the first race on Sunday...so might well take a peek at some point...
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 21:52:57 »

http://www.itv.com/btcc/races/watch-brands-hatch-indy-2016

Who do you work for Christy, if you don't mind me asking? Cracking drive from Tom in race 1, well earned win.

Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 7, 2016, 07:22:41 »

Great drive from Tingram in the first race. Sorry Derby STFC but your boss is pretty awful in BTCC but i guess that money talks. Going to Thruxton( only 10 mins from home) Oulton Park and Brands GP this year.Probably do VIP with Speedworks again.   

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: