Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 5k to Coventry  (Read 102362 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 13:17:37 »

Don't the away team (us) have to pre purchase batches of tickets as well - creating some risk on buying too many - hence why we sometimes see lower numbers available than an away end may be able to hold.  That doesn't stop teams from selling tickets on the day though, but you create a potential blocker if the club are not involved, I think.

The initiative is a good one - Sam's message suggests there won't be any engagement with the travel providers though (beyond the car sharing bit), think that might be a miss opportunity to push this with sponsorship.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 13:47:34 »

Don't the away team (us) have to pre purchase batches of tickets as well - creating some risk on buying too many - hence why we sometimes see lower numbers available than an away end may be able to hold.  That doesn't stop teams from selling tickets on the day though, but you create a potential blocker if the club are not involved, I think.

The initiative is a good one - Sam's message suggests there won't be any engagement with the travel providers though (beyond the car sharing bit), think that might be a miss opportunity to push this with sponsorship.
Relevant board members are having conversations with travel providers - but I don't want to go about making promises we can't keep.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 13:49:09 »

Without meaning to sound overly negative, but by setting a target that is almost certainly impossible, you invite criticism when the target is inevitably not met. Pointing out that fact is not knocking the Trust.

I would fucking love us to take 5k to Cov, mind.
Ha, yep. We knew there'd be criticism or doubt or piss-taking. Par for the course. As you say, if by some stroke of peculiar luck there were 5k fans at Coventry, it'd be one hell of an afternoon.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 13:51:03 »

Won't take that many anyway so no issue.

Personally I think the trust should concentrate on home games. Not that I'm anti this cause of course, unrealistic as it is.
I can promise there have been plenty of efforts to improve home attendances/experience etc and those efforts will continue. Hopefully we'll have a breakthrough there eventually.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 14:01:24 »

Top work Sam. If it happens, the more the merrier.

As a general rule I think we just sell tickets on behalf of the away club and don't have to "buy" in advance. Can't imagine Coventry will be any different given how big their ground is. Think some clubs have operated this policy in the past but only when the ground is likely to get close to selling out. i.e. they could sell some of a particular block to home fans instead.

Basically if 5,000 want to go then I'd be very surprised if they aren't allowed to. Can't see Cov wanting to turn down the extra income either.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 14:49:55 »

I wish that Sam wins the lottery/befriends an oligarch and takes over STFC and provides free travel to all away games, including return flights and hotel for expat fans.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #96 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 15:09:53 »

As a general rule I think we just sell tickets on behalf of the away club and don't have to "buy" in advance. Can't imagine Coventry will be any different given how big their ground is. Think some clubs have operated this policy in the past but only when the ground is likely to get close to selling out. i.e. they could sell some of a particular block to home fans instead.

Basically if 5,000 want to go then I'd be very surprised if they aren't allowed to. Can't see Cov wanting to turn down the extra income either.

Depends if they're pushing for promotion still
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 15:36:01 »

Yep, not sure where I got that from, although a quick look at the rules may explain I'm just thick:

34.2.2    Clubs are required to sell tickets for their away matches if required to do so by the Home Club and similarly Home Clubs are required to supply tickets for their Home Matches to the Away Club for sale by the Away Club to its supporters if so requested by the Away Club.  These tickets are to be made available on a sale or return basis and must be ordered by the Away Club at least five weeks before the League Match to which they relate.  The Home Club must deliver those tickets to the Away Club at the latest four weeks before the League Match to which they relate.  Where any match is arranged at shorter notice the above steps shall be taken as soon as is reasonably practicable.  Visiting Supporters should also have the same opportunity to take advantage of pre-booking discounts that apply to home supporters.

Does provide the issue of us needing to advance order them though.

Oh - and we are entitled to 5% commission for any sales of tickets STFC process for away fixtures, so this could make the club a small sum (v small).
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 15:53:39 »

Yep, not sure where I got that from, although a quick look at the rules may explain I'm just thick:

34.2.2    Clubs are required to sell tickets for their away matches if required to do so by the Home Club and similarly Home Clubs are required to supply tickets for their Home Matches to the Away Club for sale by the Away Club to its supporters if so requested by the Away Club.  These tickets are to be made available on a sale or return basis and must be ordered by the Away Club at least five weeks before the League Match to which they relate.  The Home Club must deliver those tickets to the Away Club at the latest four weeks before the League Match to which they relate.  Where any match is arranged at shorter notice the above steps shall be taken as soon as is reasonably practicable.  Visiting Supporters should also have the same opportunity to take advantage of pre-booking discounts that apply to home supporters.

Does provide the issue of us needing to advance order them though.

Oh - and we are entitled to 5% commission for any sales of tickets STFC process for away fixtures, so this could make the club a small sum (v small).

I assume they will be selling on the day at Coventry anyway which will negate the issue - I have never bought tickets for an away game through the club always just buy at the ground. Only time I ever did was away at Blackpool donkeys years ago (Invincible missed a last minute penalty!) and the club would not sell me a ticket over the phone as I wanted it posted to a Lancashire post code!

I am not sure what is stopping the Trust trying this for various home games (possibly to try and get the gates up for unfashionable games!?) it would be more financially beneficial for the club?

Anyway should be a jolly day out an to take 5k away would be some achievement at this level (or in fact noting our historical travelling support) at any level!

Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 16:11:54 »

I am not sure what is stopping the Trust trying this for various home games (possibly to try and get the gates up for unfashionable games!?) it would be more financially beneficial for the club?

Anyway should be a jolly day out an to take 5k away would be some achievement at this level (or in fact noting our historical travelling support) at any level!

In short, nothing is stopping us. The Trust have tried/are trying to bolster home attendances but have found it harder to sort out 'incentives' to get numbers through the gate for one reason or another. Hopefully that'll change at some point. If it became a little easier, then you'd get to see the fruits of the labour of a number of board members on that front.
There have been active efforts to stage another kids' event, like the one held for the Fleetwood game last season, for several months with precious little success. It's not something that the Trust can do alone - whereas we can at least state a daft target for away fans, try to help with transport and persuade the local media to push the campaign.
Honest guv, we're trying.
scillyred

« Reply #100 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 16:15:01 »

I wish that Sam wins the lottery/befriends an oligarch and takes over STFC and provides free travel to all away games, including return flights and hotel for expat fans.

Plane Pint
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 16:57:24 »

In the meantime, if you aren't following the Trust on Twitter then you should be, as they're giving away a brilliant prize to one Town fan tomorrow, it was provided by some bloke called Sam. He seems alright him.

https://twitter.com/TrustSTFC?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 19:01:49 »

Sam mouse head please spill the beans. You have tried to increase home crowds incentives but they have not worked out for one reason or another What reasons please ( stfc owners?Huh??) .As per my previous post is £2 kids is it really that difficult to engage with club fans and some media outlets to increase income ( power is million % a businessman)surely more turnover will make the club look a more saleable asset .Conspiracy theories aside I fail to understand why the club does not FULLY engage with the community .And mr power if you are reading this please don't refer this item to Steve Anderson as we all know when you say that it is to deflect criticism from you and eventually it gets forgotten about .Fitton wray may have got lots wrong but they at least tried to engage with the community ? Now you have nothing to lose Sam (without slandering yourself )please step up to the mark and prove you are the man we all thought you are by answering
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 19:16:24 »

Oh and by the way I am all up for a good away day but am starting to question the power business plan ( which previously I did not )Maybe it's me being emotional (the top 2 lottery sellers at  stfc in the late 70's have died this week 1 from Calne 1 from Melksham they raised over £1k a week even then )so anyone in business not looking to increase income and PROFIT makes me suspicious .Sometimes it makes me wonder wether we would have been better off folding and starting again ?Ownership of a ground and any other facilities ( the club not owner) are the key to success .Rant over stfc forever coyr
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, January 29, 2016, 20:18:35 »

Sam mouse head please spill the beans. You have tried to increase home crowds incentives but they have not worked out for one reason or another What reasons please ( stfc owners?Huh??) .As per my previous post is £2 kids is it really that difficult to engage with club fans and some media outlets to increase income ( power is million % a businessman)surely more turnover will make the club look a more saleable asset .Conspiracy theories aside I fail to understand why the club does not FULLY engage with the community .And mr power if you are reading this please don't refer this item to Steve Anderson as we all know when you say that it is to deflect criticism from you and eventually it gets forgotten about .Fitton wray may have got lots wrong but they at least tried to engage with the community ? Now you have nothing to lose Sam (without slandering yourself )please step up to the mark and prove you are the man we all thought you are by answering

We can increase attendance by 1,000 by getting 1,000 Nationwide employees to buy 1 child ticket to a game - they can buy them for £1 a game for every match.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: