Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: thoughts on yeovil game....  (Read 1831 times)
STFCere

Ignore
« on: Sunday, August 28, 2005, 22:21:58 »

first, good all round performance on the whole pleased. however, i think heath is over rated, his goal was class but did little all else, seemed very unfit too. secondly, cureton must go! seen him against yeovil and oldham at home and both his performances in those games very similar, ineffective and lost. he doesnt even look like a threat upfront. the question is who to partner Fallon? between roberts cureton and thorpe at this point in time id go for roberts. Ifil looks improved, seems to have gained some confidence and could improve further. all in all, a good performance but still a few weak links. Perhaps this season is not going to be as bad as i intially thought! 3 points off top....bring on tranmere

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 28, 2005, 22:31:30 »

Quote from: "STFCere"
first, good all round performance on the whole pleased. however, i think heath is over rated, his goal was class but did little all else, seemed very unfit too. secondly, cureton must go! seen him against yeovil and oldham at home and both his performances in those games very similar, ineffective and lost. he doesnt even look like a threat upfront. the question is who to partner Fallon? between roberts cureton and thorpe at this point in time id go for roberts. Ifil looks improved, seems to have gained some confidence and could improve further. all in all, a good performance but still a few weak links. Perhaps this season is not going to be as bad as i intially thought! 3 points off top....bring on tranmere

In reality, we were quite poor.....OK won the game but more by luck than anything else......I wouldn't change your perception of how the season may pan out just yet.
Spud

« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 29, 2005, 00:17:45 »

Anyone but Thorpe should partner Super Rory up front. Wink
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:12:52 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

no  Cool

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:27:53 »

Cureton I think just needs that first goal and he could gain some confidence, but I have to agree that Roberts looked lively on Saturday
adje

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:28:20 »

Just watched the highlights and Smithy's shot was well over the line.Also ,to be pedantic,shouldn't their keeper have been sent off for handling outside the area?Its not like a ref to use common sense.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:38:19 »

Cureton should go? WTF are you on.

He's set up 2 of our goals.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:38:53 »

Quote from: "adje"
Just watched the highlights and Smithy's shot was well over the line.Also ,to be pedantic,shouldn't their keeper have been sent off for handling outside the area?Its not like a ref to use common sense.

I agree - Smith's shot was definitely over the line but Fallon did the right thing because you don't know if the officials would have allowed Smith's effort.  Yes, the keeper should have been sent off but the referee appears to have used his common sense for once.  I can't believe the way the last Yeovil defender just stood still as the ball was played over the top for Roberts to run on to.

I know a couple of minutes of highlights hardly makes up for watching the full 90 minutes but I thought we played some tidy football in the build up to three of the four goals.

Does anyone think that maybe Roberts should start today along side Fallon?
I 8 Razor

« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 29, 2005, 10:54:57 »

thats the thing though, roberts is a great off the bench player. Every time i've seen him come on he's brought livleyness and skill but when he starts, if he hasn't touched the ball for the first ten minutes he doesn't want to know. It's a tough one to call.

cureton has some good touches and plays good balls but dosen't score(yet)  he knows the game and you can see he's just lacking a bit of confidence maybe, he's better than thorpe but he hasn't scored yet.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 29, 2005, 11:28:20 »

I'm just hoping that a goal is all he needs, and totally agree with the point about Roberts being great off the bench.
Mind you, we said that about Rory!
I 8 Razor

« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 29, 2005, 11:54:04 »

true that !
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 29, 2005, 13:23:42 »

Today would be a good time! Wink
Spud

« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 29, 2005, 15:42:58 »

Quote from: "bennett"
Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

no  Cool

Guess you havent seen Thorpe play this season then!?. :roll:
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 29, 2005, 18:57:09 »

agree roberts is better off the bench, but it does make you wonder why he cant play well from the start? is there a problem getting him motivated for it?

cureton will come good after a few goals, just like fjortoft.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2005, 16:34:30 »

Roberts should start!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: