Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Crewe Alexandra - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 23914 times)
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 17:30:48 »

As I said could be anything today....our kamikaze football is mental, but great fun. Been trying to recall another example of being 3-1 down and winning 4-3, yet to come up with one, I thought maybe a game at Millwall in 62, but we were only 3-2 down before winning 4-3.

Grimsby away in 67 we were 2-0 and then 3-1 down and came back to win 4-3. And no i didn't know this, got it off the excellent site below.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19670136
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 17:31:33 »

Urgh, do I not like the official Twitter's ever increasing use of the word "scenes" (as in "absolute scenes").

Amen.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 17:39:00 »

Grimsby away in 67 we were 2-0 and then 3-1 down and came back to win 4-3. And no i didn't know this, got it off the excellent site below.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19670136

Cheers I'd forgotten that one....that 66/67 side was an odd team, could absolutely blow teams away, or struggle to score.

13 times scored 3 or more, 13 times failed to score.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 17:47:28 »

Its a funny old game. This one was like they took the last 15 minutes of last weeks first half and slid it to the beginning of this weeks.

Total dominance, then an individual error and an inexcusable backwards free kick and we are on the back foot. Every counter attack ans we looked in difficulty and it was no surprise they added a third. In truth that susceptible to the counter aspect never really went away.

We know what we are, pressure our back line and it will shatter into 1000 pieces. Thankfully if you pressure Crewe's, it shatters into 1001 pieces.

Thankfully the half time team talk saw a different Town appear. And with Ajose and Obika  in the team you always have a chance against a poor defence. And so it transpired. Fair fucks for the determination and grit to get the win.

After the last two games I'm still not 100% on whether we are going to climb to mid table comfort or sink at any moment!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 17:56:12 »

Unbelievable. Whatever our failings our, we have two red hot strikers at the moment, and a bit of character. I'd be interested in people's reports of where the defence is going wrong - is it individual mistakes, or tactical?

First goal was a Turnbull header back to the keeper that didnt reach the keeper.
Second goal, Rodgers lost the ball to put them 3 on 1 at the back and score
Third goal we got caught on the counter.

Strangely didn't feel despondent at half time despite being 3-1 down.
I even looked on my phone to see what odds we were to win, we were 11-1.
Had I had any money in my William Hill account I would've put a bet on us.

We controlled the 2nd half and was a great watch and to get a last minute winner is always fucking ace.

Robert was class, BOO was very good too as was Traore who looked absolutely fucked towards the end as he didn't stop.

Two games in a row we are two goals behind and go on to win, have we ever done that before!?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 17:56:12 »

The bottom three seem to be drifting away and we are well clear of them so only possibly one relegation place up for debate at the moment?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 17:58:32 »

7 points off the playoffs, 8 off relegation, we are Jekyll and Hyde, but becoming more and more like Jekyll. Be very surprised if we got dragged back to the bottom, that would need us to have a whole team out injured..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 17:59:04 »

The bottom three seem to be drifting away and we are well clear of them so only possibly one relegation place up for debate at the moment?

I hadn't realised how much of a gap there was to the bottom 3.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 18:00:38 »

Its a funny old game. This one was like they took the last 15 minutes of last weeks first half and slid it to the beginning of this weeks.

Total dominance, then an individual error and an inexcusable backwards free kick and we are on the back foot. Every counter attack ans we looked in difficulty and it was no surprise they added a third. In truth that susceptible to the counter aspect never really went away.

We know what we are, pressure our back line and it will shatter into 1000 pieces. Thankfully if you pressure Crewe's, it shatters into 1001 pieces.

Thankfully the half time team talk saw a different Town appear. And with Ajose and Obika  in the team you always have a chance against a poor defence. And so it transpired. Fair fucks for the determination and grit to get the win.

After the last two games I'm still not 100% on whether we are going to climb to mid table comfort or sink at any moment!

It's pretty obvious that we need some additions to the squad, we've managed to pick up maximum points by the seat of our pants, with no manager and having let 7 or is it 8 players leave. I think, we assume, that we'll see those additions over the next couple of weeks.

Next up Blades, who themselves score and concede for fun...could be 6-6.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 18:01:05 »

And only Burton have collected more points than us last 10 games, so a good indicator there.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 18:03:44 »

This is absolutely terrible. Started very well first 15, looked like it was going to be 4 or 5. Now it looks like it's going to be 4 or 5 to Crewe. Long way back, can't see us getting anything now

soapy tit wank
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 18:05:01 »

Shrewsbury seem to be struggling, having got shot of Collins and Barnett, could be financial problems. Had we lost the last 2, which at certain stages of the games looked likely we'd now be 2 points off the drop zone, so still work to do.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 18:06:43 »

soapy tit wank

A good way to celebrate
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 18:15:24 »

I hadn't realised how much of a gap there was to the bottom 3.
Neither did I until I looked, plus the bottom 4 have abysmal goal difference as well whilst ours isn't to bad.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 18:16:02 »

Had some money on the win at halftime. Off for some Steak and Beers now  Pint

Now, ain't that just like me?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: