Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Sarfend match day thread  (Read 26179 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 18:27:55 »

Screen-capped this as the standard of journalism is so poor.

Well it is the BBC...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 18:30:26 »

Robert was like the Duracell bunny in the second half. He and Traore ran the second half. Rodgers was Rodgers...crap.

The least said about the first 35 mins, the better, but stop pratting about with it from a goal kick.

And short corners....stop it, and just get it into the box, especially shooting towards SB with the swirling wind.

Robert ...my MoM
I messaged the keeper coach on Twitter about the short goal kicks, he's pointed me firmly in Williams direction so it's obviously his footballing vision or car crash in reality!
normy

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 18:41:16 »

It worked well second half by mixing it up, working it out from our keeper some short, some long passes and getting the second ball, some bursting through in the centre, some through the wings. I don't think Southend knew what we would do next, unlike most of the the first half. We worked extremely hard to retain and obtain the ball which is all you can ask.  I don't count Rodgers, I hate him because he has a lot of ability at passing and shooting, but is so half hearted or avoids tackles, doesn't jump for headers, and goes next to opponents from our throwins instead of moving in to space to receive it. And still too sideways and backwards.

ust be the oldest
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 18:41:58 »

Are we now being coached by Tyson Fury?

http://www.flicwiltshire.com/reaction-williams-hails-his-troops-bravery-and-belief-in-wake-of-southend-win/
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 18:45:05 »

Supposedly Southend are still in the dressing room...
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 18:54:14 »

Phil Brown going full on "Phil Brown".

Apart from the first half hour or so, thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Topped off by their number 5 starring in a brilliant meltdown after conceding a foul. Proper nutter.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 18:55:15 »

Seriously if anyone want to say those of us there were over reacting after after 30 minutes, we'll you clearly weren't there.  Granted we did create some chances, but we were absolutely abject in defence.  I was laughing it was that bad.  

I couldn't even get angry just look on in disbelief as we persisted in our Laurel and Hardy tactics expecting it to suddenly work against all evidence.  Im sure someone has defined madness as continually doing the same thing expecting different results.  Truth is we just did not learn.  

However, they weren't very good either and we have good players up front.

Cant believe the performance after that.  Delighted with the result.  Lovely day out.

Never knowingly overstated.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 18:56:09 »

Hopefully a massive lesson learnt today. Cut out the suicidal sideways passing at the back and play more direct down the wings and we'll rip a lot of teams apart. Southend completely capitulated second half and we could have had more.
Obika's 2nd summed the game up, running through on goal and has an air shot with his first attempt hut it fools all the defenders and buys him the space to finish it. Comedy gold but a thing of beauty.

I was screaming at Obika to pass.  Shows what I know  Smiley

The first 20/30 minutes was as shambolic and rubbish I've seen.  Then we seemed to settle and the players started to work harder and string some decent moves together.  We can probably count ourselves a bit lucky to have gone in level, but in the second half there was only one team in it.  I don't think Vigoroux had a save to make and the only way Southend looked likely to score again was from another mistake by us.

Robert was my mom, Traore grew as the game progressed, but looks like he picked up an injury again.  Kasim had as good a game as I've seen this season.  Rodgers was the weak link again, he's too slow and just doesn't seem to read the game at all.  The defence looked comfortable in the second half and the forwards did exactly what they needed to.

A brilliant 3 points in the end, which didn't look likely after 12 minutes.  Fair play to all for showing the commitment and determination to turn it around.

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 19:00:38 »

Seriously if anyone want to say those of us there were over reacting after after 30 minutes, we'll you clearly weren't there.  Granted we did create some chances, but we were absolutely abject in defence.  I was laughing it was that bad. 

I couldn't even get angry just look on in disbelief as we persisted in our Laurel and Hardy tactics expecting it to suddenly work against all evidence.  Im sure someone has defined madness as continually doing the same thing expecting different results.  Truth is we just did not learn. 

However, they weren't very good either and we have good players up front.

Cant believe the performance after that.  Delighted with the result.  Lovely day out.

It was Einstein, Moosehead quoted it on Twitter.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 19:00:38 »

Sky highlights

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10124431/swindon-4-2-southend
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 19:01:55 »

Ajose is a better man than me, I'd have gone and celebrated right in front of the Southend defender who tried to cynically clip him down before for the fourth.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 19:03:00 »

Someone behind me said its all or nothing with Rodgers.  He's right.  It seems that he's either producing a fantastic through ball, a great free kick or just a load of old shit.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 19:04:18 »

It was Einstein, Moosehead quoted it on Twitter.

Ok.  Thankyou.  Nice to know I am thinking along the same lines as the intellectual powerhouse that is Moosehead.

Flashheart

« Reply #133 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 19:13:06 »

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 19:16:19 »

just a load of old shit.

Mostly this...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up