Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale vs Swindon Town - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 23491 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 16:22:02 »

I really don't get this constant digging at"Power". I don't see the moaners running off to the "Trust" with their hundreds? I am truly baffled! Fuck knows where we would be without him?

Should do what I do, If you work on the basis that 75% of the population are dribbling idiots, you're not often surprised or feel let down, by what they think or do.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 16:32:56 »

Should do what I do, If you work on the basis that 75% of the population are dribbling idiots, you're not often surprised or feel let down, by what they think or do.

It is concerning though?! If I was Lee Power and read the drivel they put, I would make a fast sharp exit! I take it he does not.
Flashheart

« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 16:37:01 »

I like to think that Power is in the 25% that are not dribbling idiots and is able to discard it for the worthless crap that it is.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 16:40:19 »

I really don't get this constant digging at"Power". I don't see the moaners running off to the "Trust" with their hundreds? I am truly baffled! Fuck knows where we would be without him?

Power's self sufficiency model is always going to be in trouble when the playing side turns to shit. Essentially, the Trust could probably run the club on the sort of shoestring basis of the last few years.  Power's supposed master card is the ability to attract players through his contacts, and use the Swindon Way, to add value before sell on.

Think a lot of folk accept this is OK, but were probably expecting to see a bit of the summer sale money invested back into something more than Jordan Stewart.

However we did acquire the Kasim, Gladwin equivalence in BOO, Brophy, Barry etc.  It was always going to require patience, and certainly a record breaking run of shitness at home was unlikely to endear fans, who shell out decent money on a ticket. 

But we are just starting to see, something like a blossoming, with Barry and BOO, improving, admittedly from a very low base, Ajose scoring and Super Jon Obika, looking as if he's finally getting it. Hopefully this isn't like the globally warmed daffodils, already blooming to be chopped down by the first frosts.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 18:03:32 »

Power's self sufficiency model is always going to be in trouble when the playing side turns to shit. Essentially, the Trust could probably run the club on the sort of shoestring basis of the last few years.  Power's supposed master card is the ability to attract players through his contacts, and use the Swindon Way, to add value before sell on.

Think a lot of folk accept this is OK, but were probably expecting to see a bit of the summer sale money invested back into something more than Jordan Stewart.

However we did acquire the Kasim, Gladwin equivalence in BOO, Brophy, Barry etc.  It was always going to require patience, and certainly a record breaking run of shitness at home was unlikely to endear fans, who shell out decent money on a ticket. 

But we are just starting to see, something like a blossoming, with Barry and BOO, improving, admittedly from a very low base, Ajose scoring and Super Jon Obika, looking as if he's finally getting it. Hopefully this isn't like the globally warmed daffodils, already blooming to be chopped down by the first frosts.

I personally feel "Power" is a unique chairman and I applaud him in his efforts whether it's for ego or whatever. I think he's perfect for Swindon at this time. I use to be one of those climbing the pylons in the early seventies and I will for it to come back. Will it happen with our distractors?? I hope so! Quite happy to lose them down the A420 or ...:: I feel that when we play away we come together?! But at home it's like something you would not want to learn?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 19:34:47 »

Spot on.

Shame the Irish lad never made an impact...

Clems Army!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 19:42:10 »

Yet.. He's got 2.5 years to go.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 19:54:32 »

You understand speech marks like Joey Tribbiani.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 19:55:18 »

Yeah, I thought the jury was still out on the Irish lad.

Quite happy to call early in a negative way on a chairman (eg roooooaaaaarrrrr) but otherwise prefer to suspend judgement until the end of their reign.

At this juncture, I feel we have a chairman who has both footballing and business acumen and who appears to know how to use those qualities to good effect and who also has some ability to invest or loan modest funds to tide over STFC if absolutely necessary over the short term on a relatively low risk basis.

Certainly not the sort of bloke who is needing STFC to fund his "lifestyle" and certainly better than being a very wealthy fan with little acumen as the Bolton chairman appears to have been.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 20:06:57 »

Yeah, I thought the jury was still out on the Irish lad.

Quite happy to call early in a negative way on a chairman (eg roooooaaaaarrrrr) but otherwise prefer to suspend judgement until the end of their reign.

At this juncture, I feel we have a chairman who has both footballing and business acumen and who appears to know how to use those qualities to good effect and who also has some ability to invest or loan modest funds to tide over STFC if absolutely necessary over the short term on a relatively low risk basis.

Certainly not the sort of bloke who is needing STFC to fund his "lifestyle" and certainly better than being a very wealthy fan with little acumen as the Bolton chairman appears to have been.

The Bolton chairman had that cunning plan to abolish relegation from the prem league. Now we know why.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 21:10:27 »

Had forgotten that.  A salutary journey there.  Used to love to hate McGinlay before that Premiershit stuff got going.

One or two Aviva Premiership chairmen share that anti competitive outlook to protecting "their investment"

Still that's Rugby's look out
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: