Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fleetwood Town vs Swindon Town - Matchday Thread  (Read 41810 times)
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 17:45:40 »

Having read through this thread, there's been no mention of travelling fans.
Anybody got a clue?
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 17:49:07 »

Problem is we have sold good players and replaced them with absolute dross.

Coupled with players that should be good enough not looking like they can be assed.

Power is to blame -Ling ain't allowed to manage. Powers business model is floored.

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 17:55:03 »

Remember what happened the season after out last play off appearance?
Sold key players and look where we ended up. Looking all to familiar
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 17:58:14 »

Unarguably so.

Ling ain't allowed to manage.

Bit early to say that. We've already gone 2 up top. Its obvious the "style" thing has been drilled into him but I think its a bit early to say he's not allowed to manage.

Its really difficult to know if he has limited influence (as most of us suspect), or whether change is limited by the the players available

Powers business model is floored.

Yes and no.

Last year, if what we were told was true was in fact true, we must have made a profit. I am sure we were told/could derive that Louis going to Norwich made us hit break even. Subsequent sales must have made us profitable, though we owed Power money so that's probably why we didn't see the investment we thought we might.

This year is a disaster. I am not sure where the player sales will come from to plug any financial gaps-- maybe Kasim but his stock is decreasing every game. So we have to hope we really are running at break-even. I have my doubts given the Ajose signing and Thomas loan.

Power needs to give the finances in a full and transparent manner before I'm convinced mind.

As a business its working thus far, as far as we know. As a playing model the jury is very much out.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 18:00:54 »

Having read through this thread, there's been no mention of travelling fans.
Anybody got a clue?
Commentators estimated about 300
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 18:09:54 »

Commentators estimated about 300
[/quote
Thanks.
Well that's pretty impressive, given the state of affairs this season.
Sir red ken

« Reply #156 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 18:13:25 »

Its sad to say but I know where the town are heading at the moment and it will be back to back relegations. Oh yes the next 2 managers are already at the club, nice and cheap promote from within. Sad for the fans & club but that's what we get for Black bailing and selling us to people with no money to run a club.
REDBUCK

« Reply #157 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 18:24:11 »

Good work Mystic Meg I'll get money on it.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 18:24:37 »

The model is get some players with potential and add them into a squad with good loan players and hope that one or two of your players with potential turn out to be decent (like Gladwin).

Our problem has been that the good loan players have been injured & we have had to play too many of the others together too early and they aren't good enough, and now any confidence that they might have had is shot.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 18:30:07 »

Its sad to say but I know where the town are heading at the moment and it will be back to back relegations. Oh yes the next 2 managers are already at the club, nice and cheap promote from within. Sad for the fans & club but that's what we get for Black bailing and selling us to people with no money to run a club.

Reg?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 18:31:13 »

The model is get some players with potential and add them into a squad with good loan players and hope that one or two of your players with potential turn out to be decent (like Gladwin).

Our problem has been that the good loan players have been injured & we have had to play too many of the others together too early and they aren't good enough, and now any confidence that they might have had is shot.

Who do you think the players with potential are? I'm not going to slate them, just struggling to see them. Well aware it may just be too early for some.

I'm not sure who are injured good loan players are? Gladwin and El-Abd have been available, Vigs too. Louis and Thomas were a blow. Not convinced by the Liverpool lads, or at least not convinced they are better than we now have.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 18:31:25 »

Using the tried and tested DV format:

Played:   18
Points Per Game:   0.89
Points available:   84
Points needed for 52:   36
Points Per Game required:   1.29

That tells the story...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 18:33:24 »

This is a very damaging result....back in September, when the alarm bells started ringing, I said this side although in trouble, didn't yet quite have the stench of an inevitable relegation side....starting to whiff a bit now.

You need to be taking a point from this sort of game...to be so badly exposed, tells us that the squad and management just isn't of Div 3 standard. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 18:33:38 »

That tells the story...

P 18 F 23 A 33

That tells why.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 18:40:12 »

Coupled with players that should be good enough not looking like they can be assed.

Power is to blame -Ling ain't allowed to manage. Powers business model is floored.

That's a bit naughty Punching a business model.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: