Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another Excel Thread  (Read 1638 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 11:46:39 »

In column A I have a number of GL codes ..... In column E the cell is colour coded to represent where on the P&L or balance sheet.

For the next month I have just the list of GL codes.

Is there an easy look up or IF statement I can do to look up the GL code and see what colour it was in the previous month.  Save me having to flick through the 2 spreadsheets and do it long hand!!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 12:03:11 »

It may have been done by conditional formatting. To check this go to the 'Home' option in the menu bar and to the right of the centre of the menu ribbon there's a button named 'Conditional Formatting'.

Click on it and select 'Manage Rules'. If there's a rule in there it can be extended to include the new cells. Can try and help you set that up if there is already a rule(s) in place.

(this is how it works in Excel 2010 which I assume is the same for later versions)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 12:03:36 »

Bit of a faff. I'd filter the previous month by colour and copy it into current month and add below your data. Then highlight the global codes and conditional format duplicate numbers. You can then apply colour to current month gl codes. Aren't your balance sheet and p&l sequential anyway?   Huh? Bit unusual if they aren't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: