Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford United v Swindon Town - Matchday thread  (Read 71650 times)
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:36:07 »

Ojamaa has been a bit of a let down...probably because the YouTube video made him look like the Messi of the Polish league
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:49:16 »

Has anybody been as good as they're supposed to be this year? Turnbull, Ajose, Kasim - all key players, all playing noticeably below the standard they're capable of. That's my main gripe with the coaches.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:52:21 »

Thank f*** Vigs has come back would have been a real hiding without him. Presuming that Turnbull must be due a fine for blatant stupidity - wondering how much loose change he has to pay it with - bit of top banter to lighten the mood. How can Cooper and Power have mismanaged things to such an extent that Rossi Branco is the only central defender at the club available for Saturdays game?

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:55:16 »

True....Most people have disappointed. I now wonder if Turnbull was actually any good last year or if his defensive mishaps were perhaps not noticed then because of our decent attacking threat. Until recently he has always struck me as a passionate player who is vocal with the officials because of his desire to win for Swindon, but maybe he is actually just overly aggressive and petulant as a defence mechanism for his own shortcomings on the pitch.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:56:26 »

Turnbull is good, without doubt.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:58:17 »

I'd agree, hasn't helped him playing at full back for a number of games
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:59:36 »

How do you think he compares to Jack Stephens or other centre backs of recent years such as Greer, Ifil, Cuthbert, O'Hanlon etc? It's always hard to directly compare players when they aren't playing in the same team. I think Williams looks like our most solid centre back this term...Typical Swindon luck that he's injured for a few weeks.
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 22:02:31 »

bring back Di Canio
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 22:02:58 »

Great ball player, fairly composed for a centre half. Not nasty enough/commanding enough at times. Good player.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 22:05:00 »

I like Turbull. I thought he was the better defender between him and Stephens with Stephens more suited to midfield. Williams looked like a very good CB in pre season and i was hopeful that Turbull/Thompson/Williams would have been a better back three than we had last year. Its never happened and doesn't look likely to with injuries now.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 22:15:27 »

bring back Di Canio
Ideally, I'd like to see Cooper succeed, however, if we were to change manager soon it would be great to have him back. He's certainly preferable to someone like Sean O'Driscoll.

I just can't see it happening though. He'd have to work under very different circumstances to last time - wages, players, owner. Having said that, it is an assumption that he has not evolved as a manager/character in the past couple of years, which may be completely wrong.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 22:17:44 »

DiCanio, the ultimate control freak, work under Power, with no transfer budget ? I reckon I'm ahead of him in the queue!
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 22:21:46 »

Best years we had at the club, regardless of the circus it was at times. I'd have him back in a flash.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 22:26:35 »

At the time it did seem great but he was rumoured to be dishing out contracts worth 14k per week in league 2. I prefer Power's more measured approach, but admittedly would like to see a slightly less fiscally conservative regime!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 22:28:20 »

Best years we had at the club, regardless of the circus it was at times. I'd have him back in a flash.

Which would be about as long as you'd have your club.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: