Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford United v Swindon Town - Matchday thread  (Read 71443 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:33:25 »

I'm pissed off as much as the next man, I'm also in the 'we need a new manager' camp. Some of you need to reign it in a tad though. It's October FFS. PLENTY of time to fix things. Take deep breaths.... in..... out. in...... out.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:33:39 »

I'm afraid Power's policy of rounding up any old player who is free and will accept a few buttons in the hope that if you trawl enough dross you may find  a gem is going to be the ruin of us this season.

That wasn't the policy to begin with. We paid good money for Luongo/Byrne/Smith/Obika and with the first 2 particularly you got what you paid for. Luongo was a class above the league as his Australia exploits proved and we made decent money on him. Problem is this year we didn't bother re-investing the money we made in a couple of similar players. We pissed around and trying to sign other league one clubs best players for buttons and then scraped together every trialist and freebe we could. I said right at the beginning the lack of quality in the squad was alarming. We had to hope the loans worked and they've all got injured!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:34:07 »

I think while the game is still in progress (within reason) people should be allowed to be as over dramatic as they wish. It's fucking annoying.

It's the people that come out 2 days later and bleat on pure emotional, factless bollocks that need to wander into a river.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:34:11 »

I haven't been impressed by Ojamaa at all in the matches I've seen
He's been awful. I'd have left hylton on tbh, he's raw and needs a lot of work but I'd rather him playing than ojamma atm
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:35:56 »

He's been awful. I'd have left hylton on tbh, he's raw and needs a lot of work but I'd rather him playing than ojamma atm
I think Hylton may have been injured.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:36:07 »

I've finished the washing up, are we winning 3-2 yet?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:36:13 »

No, he is just shit...

I think you may be right. I was so optimistic about Ojama when I saw that YouTube video of him but he looks like he has some inherent limitations, particularly with regards to his passing accuracy which is probably about 25%. He shows glimpses of promise but larger periods of looking like a player who is unfit and lacking in terms of his final ball. I hope he will prove me wrong but I'm not too optimistic (about anything) at this stage.
Flashheart

« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:36:53 »

I think while the game is still in progress

I'd love it if we end up winning. Moreso to see the fickleness than actually winning the game.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:37:36 »

I think Hylton may have been injured.
Ah fair enough, thought it was as a result of the red card.

10 minutes added time? Fuck offf
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:38:23 »

I'm actually considering giving the game a miss.  I'm not sure I can face such dross again and the atmosphere is going to be tense from the start.
Glory hunter!  Smiley

We've been shit before, we'll be shit again at another point in the future. It is all cyclical.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:38:31 »

The only successes this season have been Vig and I think Brophy may well turn out to be above average.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:38:33 »

Quote from: tans
Theres a swindon fan whos daughter is an oxford fan. Treachery!

likewise. I was as resigned to defeat in this as a new Wembley final. they still gave me hope in the first 30 though, wankers.
woolster

« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:39:44 »

Ah fair enough, thought it was as a result of the red card.

10 minutes added time? Fuck offf
time added on for barry injury
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:40:02 »

likewise. I was as resigned to defeat in this as a new Wembley final. they still gave me hope in the first 30 though, wankers.

You're the daughter of a Swindon fan batch? Where's swindon1975 when you need him?  

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:40:42 »

Quote from: Flashheart
I'd love it if we end up winning. Moreso to see the fickleness than actually winning the game.

go and sit in the naughty step and think about what you've done..
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: