Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers vSwindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 32785 times)
DRS

« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 06:42:42 »

Well put.

Depends though.What if you can get a better efficient working cog.

This whole Power picks the team tactics etc does my head in. Players who have left have all said it's Williams who works on the tactics with Cooper.

Last night covered over it a bit. We will argue we got a point but why is a manager when we are 1-0 up and under the cosh taking off our wing back who is funnily enough our best player in the number 10 role and replacing him with Obika.I think that is madness.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 06:55:20 »

I hear what you are saying DRS, I'm just putting it out there that people in a better position to know than I suggest its not all down to Cooper - be it Power or Williams with more than advice.. I don't know if its totally wrong, or right on the money, or somewhere inbetween.

If there is better out there than Cooper willing to give it a go, then I'm starting to see it may be attractive - just not convinced now is the time or how much difference it will make.

But I'm pig sick of the same thing happening week after week and nothing being done about it. With the defending as it is, on average we have to score 3 times to win a match FFS. It cost us last year and it is going to again.
---
I have no idea why Obika came on at 1-0. Not seen a match report from anyone who actually went to see if it was in any way warranted.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 07:28:29 »

It seems to me (and this is based on the games I've seen this season, not last night) that we don't have the players to fit any of the systems that Coops/Williams (Power if you wish) like.

Personally I'd like to see us try a narrow diamond, with two up front, so Ajose and Wes with Hylton and Obika providing alternatives. Then you could play Robert OR Ojamma in the number 10 role where they'd probably be much more effective, this would mean sticking one of them on the bench but better surely keeping one for an impact sub than playing both out of position as we are currently. Yaser and Louis could play either side of the diamond (with Rodgers as back up) and Traore or the Liverpool lad when fit, could sit at the base.

This does leave a problem with the defence though, either Nathan has to go to right back or we keep him in the middle and pray Barry can step up, or we could try Branco there, he did well against Southend in that position
Panda Paws

« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 08:00:20 »

We have the perfect set of players to play 4231 - just needs to play it!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 08:41:22 »

Jesus

Is this another one of your ITK signing projections?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 08:57:01 »

Depends though.What if you can get a better efficient working cog.

This whole Power picks the team tactics etc does my head in. Players who have left have all said it's Williams who works on the tactics with Cooper.

Last night covered over it a bit. We will argue we got a point but why is a manager when we are 1-0 up and under the cosh taking off our wing back who is funnily enough our best player in the number 10 role and replacing him with Obika.I think that is madness.

I have no idea why Obika came on at 1-0. Not seen a match report from anyone who actually went to see if it was in any way warranted.

We needed to make a change to freshen it up, Robert was the best player on the pitch by a mile and was actually playing in the no 10 role not at wing back.  I think Coops wanted to see a bit of Obika and Ajose together for a while so that would have made Robert the logical choice to come of in this instance.  I think, had the ref not turned the game on it's head, Balmy may have come on for Ajose shortly after. 

The substitution made sense at the time, Ajose was not best suited to playing the lone striker and given we were a lot more direct last night we needed to get the presence Obika offers to try to retain possession further up the pitch, obviously Donny were pushing forward a little by then so the chance of Obika getting the flick-on to Ajose would have been a factor.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 09:34:31 »

You mention the ref, as did Cooper. What did he do wrong?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 09:37:07 »

You mention the ref, as did Cooper. What did he do wrong?

Just what cooper spoke about, really. Traoré being down with a head injury when they scored and apparently the pen was outside the box.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 09:41:11 »

I look forward to seeing the highlights...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
kaufman

« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 09:46:06 »

There you go
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 09:50:43 »

Can't see Traore's lip, but his 'challenge' was inside the area. Soft penalty as the attacker dived over his leg.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 09:54:18 »

There you go

Well I don't think that proves the ref changed the game. Sounds like clutching at straws.

JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 10:17:11 »

Well I don't think that proves the ref changed the game. Sounds like clutching at straws.

Definitely not. There is a crowd in the area, so you can see why from the dugout it might have appeared to be outside the box.

Didn't see what happened to Traore so we'll have to wait for the extended highlights.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 11:14:40 »

From what I've heard, Cooper is on borrowed time and a replacement is lined up (no prizes for guessing who).

How reliable that information is, I don't know.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 11:15:19 »

Who?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: