Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rugby World Cup  (Read 25884 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 16:19:18 »

Funny that.  Bath rugby crowds are not a lot bigger than ours (ie <50% more).

Because the ground is full and they can't get planning permission for a larger ground. This year they sold out of season tickets and have a full waiting list, at prices roughly double what we pay.

Not always been the case, but in recent years since they've been really successful, you can't get a ticket for all the tea in china.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 16:22:40 »

Because the ground is full and they can't get planning permission for a larger ground. This year they sold out of season tickets and have a full waiting list, at prices roughly double what we pay.

Not always been the case, but in recent years since they've been really successful, you can't get a ticket for all the tea in china.

They should come in on the redevelopment of an expanded CG and ground-share.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 16:34:10 »

Not sure we would be favourites to win the pool, Australia and Wales are good sides and Fuji are no mugs.

There is a chance we might not get out of the group at all.

Wales are without their first choice full back and scrum half. They're still a good side, yes, but not the threat they should be.

I fancy us to beat the Aussies too.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 16:54:28 »

They should come in on the redevelopment of an expanded CG and ground-share.

There was talk of them ground sharing 10 years or so ago when they were first looking at a new stadium.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 17:12:51 »

Fucking shit game.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 17:27:22 »

There was talk of them ground sharing 10 years or so ago when they were first looking at a new stadium.

Maybe time to revive the discussion. If Power hasn't quietly done so already of course.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 17:30:54 »

Wales are without their first choice full back and scrum half. They're still a good side, yes, but not the threat they should be.

I fancy us to beat the Aussies too.

That's a good point about the Welsh injuries to key players, it will be interesting how they fare without them.

I don't follow rugby too closely but the Australians are always strong and dangerous.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 18:08:55 »

Maybe time to revive the discussion. If Power hasn't quietly done so already of course.

Bath will never leave the Rec.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 18:48:36 »

Quote from: horlock07
what is better northern touch rugby or proper Union rugby?

hth
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 19:34:23 »

Bath will never leave the Rec.

Hmm. If what the man says is right about not being able to expand there and missing out on much bigger crowds, I wouldn't be so sure. Who would have thought that Wops would play in Watford, Saccarine in Reading or London Belch on a sewage farm?

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 19:57:18 »

Wops, Saccarine and London Belch? Jesus that's Aljokefree levels of humour
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 20:03:01 »

Possibly 'Nottingham Florist' too.

I miss JJ.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 20:15:48 »

I'm not very good at rugby humour.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 22:14:56 »

job done, 4points for a win plus the bonus point for a 4th try in the last play of the match.  The bonus point could be crucial if England, Wales and Oz take points off each other. 

Ironically it was a Mr Vunipola crashing over for the final try against the South Sea islanders.

First trip for me to the Amex will unexpectedly be to see USA v Samoa this Sunday (both of whom Scotland will have to better in their group if they are to get through to the knock out stages)  Can't wait! Pint
EldeneRed

« Reply #29 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 22:16:29 »

Never watched Rugby before that and I enjoyed it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: