Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rugby World Cup  (Read 25969 times)
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 22:33:10 »

Bath will never leave the Rec.
Bath Rugby have a severe problem when it comes to expansion in as much as that their current ground falls within a world heritage site.  Perhaps they should join with Bath City and develop Twerton Park.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 22:56:54 »

I assume everyone knows that Johnny May was from Swindon ?

Until he signed for the best team in the area ?

And why is everyone so keen on the hooray Henrys from Bath when we have the club with the finest tradition in the country on our doorstep ?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 00:35:43 »

Always enjoyed my rugby,never had much of a choice with John Palmer as a relative for the older heads on here. My old man always wanted me to play but I was always adamant I'd be safer playing football. Never did fancy a 20 stone prop running at me.
England did what they had to do tonight, started well but took their eye off the ball at times. The Welsh will be our hardest game of the next two.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 06:51:06 »

"Glooooosteer, Glooooster" (sic). That said, I've only seen rugby in my place of birth once, the World Cup on 8 October 1991, New Zealand 46-6 USA.

Just drove there with a couple of colleague mates, picked up a couple of tickets for £12 from a tout and went in the shed. Wish it were that easy/cheap now.
-----
Not a big rugby fan, but happy to watch the odd game. Timed that bonus point to perfection yesterday!
Combe Down

« Reply #34 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 08:13:44 »

I hate rugby. Forced to play it as a kid. Lads sticking their hands between my thighs at 12 years' old is not my idea of fun. Anyway if England don't win it, their Daddies will be able to buy them all new companies. Haw, haw, haw!

Just remember Bloodgate.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 08:16:19 by Combe Down » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 08:23:46 »

I hate rugby. Forced to play it as a kid. Lads sticking their hands between my thighs at 12 years' old is not my idea of fun. Anyway if England don't win it, their Daddies will be able to buy them all new companies. Haw, haw, haw!

Just remember Bloodgate.

Thanks for letting us know about your issues- perhaps you might like to also post in every other thread on the forum to let us know whether or not you like the subject? I personally can't wait to get an encyclopaedic knowledge of your personal preferences!

Decent result for England last night, was never going to be an easy game, Fiji are a good side and Nadolo in particular is an absolute monster. A bit too much TMO for my liking, I hope that doesn't become a theme of the tournament.
Combe Down

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 08:45:38 »

A short tournament of the top eight teams would have been interesting I guess, but the also rans, three figures drubbings and six weeks is gunna make this one mighty ordeal.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 09:36:27 »

A short tournament of the top eight teams would have been interesting I guess, but the also rans, three figures drubbings and six weeks is gunna make this one mighty ordeal.

You mean a bit like the 6 Nations, which also takes six weeks?

No one's forcing you to watch it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 09:53:05 »

I've never been able to latch on to a club side, despite having several friends in Swindon who are all big Bath supporters.  I've been with them to some games and it's a great day out in a great city, but I've never been able to watch the rugby itself from anything other than the standpoint of a neutral.  Seems the old adage that 'you don't choose your club, your club chooses you' has something in it.

International rugby is different though.  Love it.  For me, It's odd.  A complete reversal of the feelings I have for football...which is all about STFC.  The England bit, I can take or leave.

I was similar and eventually ended up with Harlequins.  Take a trip to watch the Final every year now, the odd England game when tickets are available as well.  It's a great day out, and so long as you don't try and directly compare it to football it's a great game to watch.

England tried to go wide too early last night, until the last 15 minutes.  Fiji are a decent team.  The Aussies get them in 3 days time so should brush them aside but Wales may get a scare against them I think.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 10:08:53 »

I was similar and eventually ended up with Harlequins.  Take a trip to watch the Final every year now, the odd England game when tickets are available as well.  It's a great day out, and so long as you don't try and directly compare it to football it's a great game to watch.

England tried to go wide too early last night, until the last 15 minutes.  Fiji are a decent team.  The Aussies get them in 3 days time so should brush them aside but Wales may get a scare against them I think.

I was going to suggest to Ardiles...Harlequins. I know a few Quins fans who have no roots anywhere else, they're a sort of Man United of egg chasing.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 11:00:55 »

The amount of Irish fans at Temple Meads right now, jeeeeeeeez.

It's like one of those football fan pictures from the 1920's, sans flatcaps.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 17:44:56 »

Japan beat World Champions South Africa - fantastic finish!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 17:46:04 »

Unbelievable.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 18:51:19 »

Yeah, they need to get rid of the minnows like Japan, watching them getting smashed by South Africa isn't a good look for the sport.

Oh.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 19:00:58 »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: