Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phone Question ...  (Read 2405 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« on: Saturday, July 11, 2015, 22:08:15 »

To all you tech minded people this may seem the worlds stupidist question but ....

My iphone 5 contract has ended and i have got myself a 6.
I intend to give my 5 to my mum who wants to transfer her number so I have a sim and know how to get no transferred but .....

my contract was with vodafone and my mums is a PAYG with Tesco ...

Do i need to get my iphone 5 unlocked? if so is it easiest to just take them to one of these stalls that offer to do it? Or anywhere else people can recommend?
Combe Down

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 12, 2015, 07:52:53 »

Make sure you remove your private pics & uninstall Tinder / Grindr before giving the phone to your Ma.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 12, 2015, 09:42:35 »

To all you tech minded people this may seem the worlds stupidist question but ....

My iphone 5 contract has ended and i have got myself a 6.
I intend to give my 5 to my mum who wants to transfer her number so I have a sim and know how to get no transferred but .....

my contract was with vodafone and my mums is a PAYG with Tesco ...

Do i need to get my iphone 5 unlocked? if so is it easiest to just take them to one of these stalls that offer to do it? Or anywhere else people can recommend?

You should be able to get it unlocked through Vodafone for free..

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 12, 2015, 12:38:50 »

You should be able to get it unlocked through Vodafone for free..

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/

You can and they will do it free of charge providing you've had the phone more than 12 months. I requested it 3 days early and got charged £20 for the privilege!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: