Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Oasis  (Read 4730 times)
Red and Proud

Ignore
« on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 15:24:56 »

Jesus what a dive. The changing facilities 8/10 the rest is just a patched up shithole. No dome busters. Mind you there was none went I last went back Feb time. Won't likely to be until Xmas if we're lucky. So two adults one child £16.30 for an hour just wading around jumping the waves. The old tri of slides were open as was the newer blue slide but the place will be off my visitor list until vast improvements have been made.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 15:32:12 »

dilapidated and was supposed to be revived under private ruining, but it all went a bit wrong.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 15:53:54 »

Request for planning permission was submitted a few weeks ago.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 16:05:48 »

Request for planning permission was submitted a few weeks ago.

It looks more like the bunch of chancers who Tory controlled SBC gifted the Oasis to, were obliged to submit a planning application....a difference between that and anything actually happening.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 19:00:28 »

Biggest indoor ski slope coming to a place near you . .
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 19:03:00 »

I'll believe it when I ski it
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 19:19:39 »

Its snow joke
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 19:22:19 »

dilapidated and was supposed to be revived under private ruining, but it all went a bit wrong.

A non-profit company is running the Oasis now, they're a decent organisation with a good track record and they run a lot of leisure centres. Think it's just going to take time for them to modernise and turn things round as money is limited.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 19:41:21 »

Bit of private investment could create a snowball effect.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 19:54:56 »

A non-profit company is running the Oasis now, they're a decent organisation with a good track record and they run a lot of leisure centres. Think it's just going to take time for them to modernise and turn things round as money is limited.

Think you maybe are mixing GLL, who do the day to day stuff....and Moirai Capital Investments, who have been given the leases by the Tories and have so far failed to deliver much.
woolster

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 20:07:05 »

as a regular to the oasis I agree that the dome busters being out of action for so long is annoying,
however, they have replaced the whole of the domes glass and revamped the changing rooms, so its slowly moving in the right direction
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 20:10:49 »

I got a 'lifetime' ban from the Oasis for climbing on the dome. True story, Bro.

Bit of a stupid thing to do in hindsight, but it seemed a good idea at the time.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 20:10:56 »

Think you maybe are mixing GLL, who do the day to day stuff....and Moirai Capital Investments, who have been given the leases by the Tories and have so far failed to deliver much.

Nope.  

I'm not exactly sure of the involvement Moirai have now, but it's GLL with the lease on the Oasis (and others in Swindon);

http://www.gll.org/b2b/newsitems/gll-to-operate-swindon-leisure-centres

The improvements we're starting to see at the Oasis (such as the changing rooms) are down to GLL.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 20:13:11 by jonny72 » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 20:16:14 »

Nope.  

I'm not exactly sure of the involvement Moirai have now, but it's GLL with the lease on the Oasis (and others in Swindon);

http://www.gll.org/b2b/newsitems/gll-to-operate-swindon-leisure-centres

The improvements we're starting to see at the Oasis (such as the changing rooms) are down to GLL.

http://www.moiraicapital.co.uk/

Can't even spell the word receive in their blurb...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 20:28:54 »

however, they have replaced the whole of the domes glass and revamped the changing rooms, so its slowly moving in the right direction

Oh, they've done the dome. Fair enough. Moirai totally cocked up on that.

Not overly impressed with what GLL are doing with the Link and the trampoline park but if the Oasis is slowly moving forward its an improvement.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: