Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Back-up/Storage Drive for multiple devices  (Read 1852 times)
blah blah

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 15, 2015, 14:29:22 »

The trusty old home pc is getting a bit old and with us using iPads/phones etc more and more I am considering getting rid of the pc, but the problem is how to store all the stuff on it (photos, videos, documents etc) and more importantly make it easily accessible from any device in the house. Most of the portable hard drives I've seen are designed to work with PCs and connect via USB etc, my question is, can I get something that connects directly to the wireless hub (Virgin fibre broadband) so that any device connected to that can access the stuff on it ?

I've seen wireless hard drives, but I dont necessarily need the hard drive to be wireless, just be able to connect to the router.

Any ideas or recommendations oh wise ones ?

Ta
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 15, 2015, 14:35:17 »

The cloud.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 15, 2015, 15:02:54 »

Or a NAS (Network Attached Storage). I've got a Buffalo Linkstation, fairly cheap and works well, plugs straight into the router with a normal network lead
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 15, 2015, 15:06:39 »

I have a WD MyCloud - plugs into my homehub wifi router and is easy to use.

My phone backs up automatically when I get home so no need to worry about photos being lost. Likewise tablets.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 15, 2015, 15:52:19 »

Thanks Guys

I like the look of the MyCloud stuff, just wasnt sure it did what i want it to. Sounds easy enough though, may give it a try

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: