Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper to have talks with the wendies  (Read 79120 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 09:26:54 »

Just wish he'd go now, pissing me off how long this is dragging on.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 09:37:05 »

One of the things that's impressed me most about the Power regime is they (I’ll use the collective term as have no idea who is making these calls) always seem to have a plan in place when they need to get someone in.

We saw it in the previous season, when Ranger got injured and Ajose was recalled, they had the Smith deal done and dusted pretty quickly.

When it became clear that Ward and Hall weren’t cutting it at centre back, Stephens was quickly drafted in.

This year, when Brad Smith and Liverpool fell out, Toffolo was soon here; and when it looked like we needed more experience at the back, the Ricketts deal came together, seemingly out of no where.

Now, you could argue that not all of these signings worked out. But they show a decent degree of planning, and willingness to act decisively when necessary.

It sounds obvious, but you only have to remember the panic deadline day buy of Elliot Benyon, after Austin left, to see it isn’t always the case. And look how that season turned out.

What I’m saying, in a long winded way, is I suspect Power will have prepared for Coopers departure and have a decent plan of succession in place

Whether the club keep the rest of us informed, of course, is another question
Barry Scott

« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 09:41:26 »

I'm curious why we'd need to be formally approached; isn't Copper soon to be out of contract? If that is the case, why would we pretend to hold all the cards when we've already shown our hand by not having him on a new contract?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 09:47:17 »

I'm curious why we'd need to be formally approached; isn't Copper soon to be out of contract? If that is the case, why would we pretend to hold all the cards when we've already shown our hand by not having him on a new contract?

Year left, so Wendies will need to pay that up, reputedly about 150K. So in other words a year's salary. Peanuts for an assistant at a top end Championship club, and probably about par for Wendies.
Barry Scott

« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 09:52:17 »

Year left, so Wendies will need to pay that up, reputedly about 150K. So in other words a year's salary. Peanuts for an assistant at a top end Championship club, and probably about par for Wendies.

Oh, nice. I thought it was up around now. Well hopefully we hang onto him. Or get a few quid to pay the wages of another Power-puppet.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 09:56:08 »

Quote from: Sam Morshead
Director of First Touch Pro. Never was a licenced FIFA agent when there were such things, now he could become (already be) an intermediary very easily after change of rules.

thanks.

guess we'll have to wait and see whether that's an advantage for stfc', or becomes a conflict of interest.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 09:58:26 »

Oh, nice. I thought it was up around now. Well hopefully we hang onto him. Or get a few quid to pay the wages of another Power-puppet.

After a bit of thought, my opinion is that this is a good move all round....we get a new man paid for by Wendies for a year, and some fresh ideas and commitment.

You'd expect next season to be a bit of a struggle, so likely that Cooper would be sacked early doors anyway, this way the new man gets a pre season, and gets cut a bit of slack, due to obvious difficulties faced.

Cooper gets a longer and more lucrative contract, so a better pay out if it goes west in Yorkshire.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 10:03:31 »

I agree with Reg  Eek
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 10:11:24 »

I reckon we'll end up with Hockaday, Williams staying as number 2. Based on nothing, just a hunch!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 10:14:18 »

no idea, I'd prefer less 'churn' though. hey ho.

it's annoying this seems set to drag on.

The main reason seems to be that Sheff Wed are taking a bloody age to appoint a manager!
Stevens

« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 10:48:32 »

I doubt he is on 150K, less than half that amount.
In his first season he was earning 40K, informed by Terry Brown ex Wimbledon manager who is a mate of his.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 10:53:33 »

One of the things that's impressed me most about the Power regime is they (I’ll use the collective term as have no idea who is making these calls) always seem to have a plan in place when they need to get someone in.

We saw it in the previous season, when Ranger got injured and Ajose was recalled, they had the Smith deal done and dusted pretty quickly.

When it became clear that Ward and Hall weren’t cutting it at centre back, Stephens was quickly drafted in.

This year, when Brad Smith and Liverpool fell out, Toffolo was soon here; and when it looked like we needed more experience at the back, the Ricketts deal came together, seemingly out of no where.

Now, you could argue that not all of these signings worked out. But they show a decent degree of planning, and willingness to act decisively when necessary.

It sounds obvious, but you only have to remember the panic deadline day buy of Elliot Benyon, after Austin left, to see it isn’t always the case. And look how that season turned out.

What I’m saying, in a long winded way, is I suspect Power will have prepared for Coopers departure and have a decent plan of succession in place

Whether the club keep the rest of us informed, of course, is another question

Oops apologies- quote:

I totally agree and wish others would as well. Our chief is no mug!! I applaud the way he deals with problems. How many times have we been poked by others? Fuck em!!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 10:55:37 by steveg » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 10:55:07 »

I doubt he is on 150K, less than half that amount.
In his first season he was earning 40K, informed by Terry Brown ex Wimbledon manager who is a mate of his.

Maybe 40K when he was cone collector.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 11:17:04 »

1 year rolling contract isn't it - so he's always got a year left

This is the first time I can recall that an stfc manager that has had (a bit) of success has been approached and fans are not bothered about him leaving, it is usually a case of not wanting him to leave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 11:20:44 »

Funny really, look at some of the dross we've had as manager last 15 years, and some people aren't bothered MC might be off. Worrying very worrying.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: