Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phone Contract Renewal  (Read 2597 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 10:50:54 »

I'm due an upgrade and was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting any deals using the "i want to cancel my contract with you" technique?

I was listening to a colleague of mine at work on the phone for 30 minutes to Vodafone and they just would not budge. It seems like with top end phones iphone 6 or Samsung S6 its almost impossible to get any deals from anyone.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 10:54:32 »

I'm due an upgrade and was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting any deals using the "i want to cancel my contract with you" technique?

I was listening to a colleague of mine at work on the phone for 30 minutes to Vodafone and they just would not budge. It seems like with top end phones iphone 6 or Samsung S6 its almost impossible to get any deals from anyone.

I tried that recently with EE, they didn't budge either. I think (some of) these companies have sussed it out.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 13:16:52 »

I tried it with O2, they wouldn't budge so switched to Vodafone.  After initial problems they finally pulled their fingers out.

Would rather still be with O2 due to better customer services but £'s talk..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 13:28:58 »

I tried it with O2, they wouldn't budge so switched to Vodafone.  After initial problems they finally pulled their fingers out.

Would rather still be with O2 due to better customer services but £'s talk..

Vodafone have been miles better customer service wise than the O2 con merchants Smiley
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 13:38:39 »

With Vodafone you get 20% NHS discount ;-)

Although, I'm still with EE as I think the coverage is better.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 14:32:24 »

Vodafone have been miles better customer service wise than the O2 con merchants Smiley

Yeah, I have yet to see that Smiley  I did get a free Spotify premium account with Vodafone though...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 22:53:21 »

I'd had my contract for about 5 years (constantly negotiated so it was worth what I was paying mind you) with Orange so when I finally decided to upgrade EE rolled over and showed their belly for a nice rub because the marketplace now, whilst a little less crowded, is very much working on margins so losing a customer as good as I've been is something I knew they wouldn't want to do.

It is generally a bit more difficult now though. It's best to be honest, fair, and firm. Say you are not going to pay more than x amount and don't let them talk you around it. Find out who their closest competitor is, have quotes from them and from comparison websites ready. It will take you about 30/45 minutes to get the best deal as you'll probably have to be swapped from person to person. And use their own tricks on them - write down their names, use them regularly, and keep track of who you've spoken to and every quote you get.

I'm sure there are salespeople on here who'll tell me I'm wrong but I've never had a problem getting a good deal with phone companies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: