Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Speed Awareness Course  (Read 4988 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 1, 2015, 15:21:10 »

So I got caught speeding and am within the threshold to expect I should be offered a Safety Awareness Course.

Does anyone know if you are given a choice of dates/venues?

If not, does anyone have any advice on when I should reply to try to get the week beginning 25th May...i.e. how long it usually takes for them to process.

Cheers in advance.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 1, 2015, 15:26:21 »

Where did you get caught?  I'm pretty sure that Wiltshire Police don't offer the courses anymore.

never trust a nun...
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 1, 2015, 15:30:01 »

Where did you get caught?  I'm pretty sure that Wiltshire Police don't offer the courses anymore.

Leicester, and they do.  I think getting time of work will be difficult, but am happy to attend the course...just want to get the timing right (which is ironic, because...well, you know).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 1, 2015, 16:02:40 »

Yes, you do get a choice of dates and venues.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 1, 2015, 16:07:01 »

Yes, you do get a choice of dates and venues.

Great, thanks.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 1, 2015, 17:08:49 »

So I got caught speeding and am within the threshold to expect I should be offered a Safety Awareness Course.

If not, does anyone have any advice on when I should reply to try to get the week beginning 25th May...i.e. how long it usually takes for them to process.

Cheers in advance.

I've been on two. You can pick from a whole host of venues, get online pick an area and away you go. The actual courses are alright, as long as you go in the right frame of mind, which is I got caught, it's a fair cop, as I broke the law. Loads of people go with a massive chip on their shoulder and make themselves look like complete and utter bellends.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 1, 2015, 17:21:39 »

I've been on two. You can pick from a whole host of venues, get online pick an area and away you go. The actual courses are alright, as long as you go in the right frame of mind, which is I got caught, it's a fair cop, as I broke the law. Loads of people go with a massive chip on their shoulder and make themselves look like complete and utter bellends.

It's a fair cop is my attitude. Cheers.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 1, 2015, 18:01:44 »

I was caught 18 months ago (just over...35 mph in a 30 mph limit).  Lots of locations to choose from, and didn't even have to book in the county I was caught in.  Where you go is very much up to you, I think.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 1, 2015, 18:26:12 »

35 in a 30 seems harsh and I would have contested that. The leeway is usually 10% + 2.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 1, 2015, 18:29:48 »

35 in a 30 seems harsh and I would have contested that. The leeway is usually 10% + 2.

One of the things they may mention on the course is that 'fact' is bollocks. Depends on which constabulary are prosectuting. Hampshire Police confirmed that that's the speed they take action, not the leeway they give you.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 1, 2015, 18:56:51 »

Cheers in advance.

You go to the county where you got caught.
Have to say it was OK, a little boring but fairly informative.

Only issue though is that over time the effectiveness wears off.
I got 6 points after mine but now clean again with none over the last 3 years.

They should impose points for drivers crawling along way under the limits as well.
The ones who have their heads glued on and are oblivious to what is going on around them.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 1, 2015, 19:00:08 »

Maybe times have changed as people in my course had to attend from the County where they were caught.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 1, 2015, 19:09:10 »

I was caught 18 months ago (just over...35 mph in a 30 mph limit).  Lots of locations to choose from, and didn't even have to book in the county I was caught in.  Where you go is very much up to you, I think.

I got let off doing 47 in a 30 (late for work..) Same day a colleague got 3 points for 33 in a 30 about a mile away. so I don't believe the 10% thing really.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 1, 2015, 19:20:57 »

Maybe times have changed as people in my course had to attend from the County where they were caught.

Definitely changed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 1, 2015, 20:05:03 »

I got let off doing 47 in a 30 (late for work..) Same day a colleague got 3 points for 33 in a 30 about a mile away. so I don't believe the 10% thing really.

Its a guidline not a rule. Some forces have on occasion have had a zero tolerance policy.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: