Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play offs - first leg v Sheffield United  (Read 88745 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #105 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 22:50:01 »

Nope, not doing the playoffs whatsoever.

Whoever ends third in the league should get promoted.

It's all a fucking con. I hate Wembley...
swindon in my blood

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 00:22:23 »

new song for play offs sung to the same tune as city fans sung about us.
fuck off swindon town
were not staying down
flint says yes yes yes
flint says yes yes yes
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 06:28:28 »

It makes no sense.

That said, it's a football chant and sense isn't always high on the criteria.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 06:49:43 »

You all can justify you actions WRT the club. There are after all regular posters to this forum who never or rarely go to games, to those who never miss a game. For me a fan who has been following town home and away since the early '70's I feel entitled to my decision, after all I have helped keep a club going in it's darkest hours for most of you young punks to enjoy. At this moment in my life the hard decision to relinquish our three ST was a tough one. With a young lad who trains on Saturday and plays on Sundays losing 3/4 of your week end to football is getting tedious. And I could not make the lad and Mrs go week in week out.

I have been to the old Wembley twice to watch us and twice to the new one. Give me the old one any time, the old Wembley was a treat to savour as you had to achieve something special to get there, nowadays the FA are in so much debt they fucking have to play everything they can there to pay for it thus IMHO the specialness of the place and the occasion are greatly diminished. We will be back at Wembley sooner rather than later as history has shown us irrespective of whether we get there this year or not. Can you see the malaise?, I also feel there are many who feel the same.

My going will have no baring on the outcome of the PO final should we get there. The added unsaid complication is we have promised our son we'd go camping that weekend, fortunately he's forgotten about it so far, though I will make good the promise if he remembers in time to book something.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 07:11:06 »

Its your choice; but it took us 17 years from Leicester (which I missed) -> Millwall to get back to Wembley. I'm 41 now, although I very much plan on being here when I'm 58 I'm not taking the risk!

I do get what you mean about the weekends, on a home game for me:
Sat: footy training 10-12, nip home for lunch, Town 1:45 -> 5pm, Swimming 6:45->7:25,
Sun: match (home) is 9:30->11, then finally some free time! Away games can really knacker your day..

Goodness knows how much more time is taken up by football for the coaches.

Still it is working for us. And the lad only has one game left now, so it'll be end of season tournaments and a wind down soon.

Next season got to find an U7 team for the youngest.

REDBUCK

« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 08:07:03 »

Nope, not doing the playoffs whatsoever.

Whoever ends third in the league should get promoted.

It's all a fucking con. I hate Wembley...

has your face forgiven you yet for cutting off its nose
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 08:23:03 »

I've had a few really good donations for the streamer display since yesterday. I think I can get around 500-600 so far which is a great start!

I've also had some people tell me about how they've bought some, which is great.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 09:18:58 »

Im just imagining all the grumbling in the arkells when an old folk gets hit in the head by a roll of tissue....

I have bought 2 packs. will use 6 at home leg, 6 away leg I reckon!
#turningtownredandwhite
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 09:29:26 »

Im just imagining all the grumbling in the arkells when an old folk gets hit in the head by a roll of tissue....

I have bought 2 packs. will use 6 at home leg, 6 away leg I reckon!
#turningtownredandwhite

Haha. Good shout. I'll talk to the club and see if we can do it at home, too. They only look impressive in a huge group though, so I'll see if we can have a few hundred away then a few hundred at home.

Someone is suggesting we don't do it at the away leg if we play United due to the colour clash.

02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 09:39:09 »

Surprised we need 'permission' as such.

With regards to away leg, god hope we aint in purple! Have a feeling chesterfield might nick a win at Sheffield!
Fingers crossed
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 09:56:34 »

Surprised we need 'permission' as such.

With regards to away leg, god hope we aint in purple! Have a feeling chesterfield might nick a win at Sheffield!
Fingers crossed

I'm crossing my fingers that happens too. Saying that... Chesterfield have been on a bit of a roll of late...

It's no so much getting permission, it's more letting them know. When we go to away games we have to ask to use them, so why not at home?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 10:33:42 by JayBox325 » Logged

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 10:08:30 »

Saying that... Chesterfield have been on a bit of a role of late...

What role have they been playing?
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 10:33:31 »

What role have they been playing?

Hahah. Good spot. I'm blaming error that on my current bout of manflu.

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 12:17:23 »

With regards to away leg, god hope we aint in purple!

Sheffield Utd wore red & white stripes at Tottenham in the cup this season. Could Town not wear white tops at Bramall Lane?
Panda Paws

« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 13:46:26 »

I don't go often these days but the apathy on this thread towards the play-offs is remarkable. These happen once every 5-10 years if we're lucky. Surely the days we work towards as fans when going to shit games and in shit seasons. Not judging anyone, just think it's shame. Is the apathy generated by the manager? Or "poor" end to the season? Other major social factors that are wider than being a football fan?

We've just had our best season in 20 odd years (95/96?) and there's talk of taking Less than a 1000 to a play-off semi-final against sheff Utd.

All a bit sad really.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: