Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BTCC 2015  (Read 16020 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 09:02:19 »

Starts today! This off season has been pretty nuts, lots of big name drivers swapping teams and the Motorbase team dropping out completely after losing Airwaves sponsorship. Honda running the new Civic Type R as well, which looks awesome!

Oh, and as always, Jason Plato is a cunt.

Pete

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 15:33:56 »

I forgot about it, was it on TV? Might be able to get the highlights.

Agree about Plato.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 20:37:53 »

Yea, itv4. Highlights should be midweek, maybe next weekend. Couple of good races, support races were good too!

Pete

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 22:01:51 »

Cheers, got the calendar now.

Brands was my first circuit so look forward to it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 6, 2015, 09:13:37 »

Drove past Matt Neal's new Civic the back of a car trailer on the M42 last week, I guess it was on it's way back to Pershore from the launch at Donnington. Was just on an uncovered car trailer towed by an unmarked grey Transic, just highlights the budget contraints of even the better teams.........which is why it is so much better than F1.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 6, 2015, 09:55:40 »

BTCC isnt the same since Hamish Irvine left.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 10:24:33 »

If you guys only watch one race all year long, find a replay of the third touring car race from Donington on Sunday. Easily the most entertaining BTCC race in some time!

The clios are well worth a watch as well, I've raced online against Ashley Sutton and he's mega quick on there as well, seems to have fitted into the Clio straight off!

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 11:04:02 »

If you guys only watch one race all year long, find a replay of the third touring car race from Donington on Sunday. Easily the most entertaining BTCC race in some time!

The clios are well worth a watch as well, I've raced online against Ashley Sutton and he's mega quick on there as well, seems to have fitted into the Clio straight off!

I was at donington for my first BTCC event, and would highly recommend it. As you say the racing is brilliant, the third race being the best, felt very sorry for Cook, thought there was a podium at least for him there. It's great to have the unpredictability where I would say at least half the field had the potential to win.

Great value too, £25 for a whole day including plenty of excellent support races. Better access to the drivers/cars than at any Grand Prix I've been to. Already planning my trip to Thruxton, especially as it fits nicely around the play offs!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 13:20:55 »

Agree, the 3rd race was mental!!  How there wasn't and mass collision when that car re-joined the track sideways I do not know.  A great watch and great racing..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 14:10:44 »

I *might* be going to Thruxton as a Power Maxed VIP if my mate comes through... If not I'll be there anyways!

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, May 10, 2015, 05:56:10 »

Swindon's Simon Belcher was involved in a big shunt during quali today, not his fault either, he's ok but the car is fucked so he's not racing today and could miss the Oulton Park round ad well. Bad news!

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 20:46:40 »

I *might* be going to Thruxton as a Power Maxed VIP if my mate comes through... If not I'll be there anyways!

Did you go in the end?

First time there and loved it. Not the most modern of circuits and not the best of facilities but great views of most of the track from the Complex, and some really great racing all through the field. Was really impressed with Morgan in all 3 races, and he thoroughly deserved the R3 win.

It's so close in the standings too, going to be a great year.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 21:38:53 »

Yup, the Powermaxed team didn't have the best of luck! I was in the garage for race 2 when Josh Cook got half a Dunlop sign over his front, engine temp goes through the roof without the proper airflow so he had to pit, also saw Matt Neal's very broken left front suspension up close!

Being on the grid before race 3 was so cool as well. I'd fully recommend going VIP once!

Got a big old sunburnt face for my troubles, though...

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 07:52:01 »

Yup, the Powermaxed team didn't have the best of luck! I was in the garage for race 2 when Josh Cook got half a Dunlop sign over his front, engine temp goes through the roof without the proper airflow so he had to pit, also saw Matt Neal's very broken left front suspension up close!

Being on the grid before race 3 was so cool as well. I'd fully recommend going VIP once!

Got a big old sunburnt face for my troubles, though...

That does sound brilliant! Cook can't seem to get a break at the moment, because he certainly has some goog speed.

Haha, thought it was only me who managed to get sunburned despite the sun only being out for about a total of 20 minutes all day...
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 08:50:07 »

nope, forhead started peeling this morning... Sad

Cook will get there sooner or later i think, he's quick but as you say, can't seem to catch a break. Seemed like a nice guy, he and Newsham seem to have a friendly rivalry going already.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: