Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sound bar for outdoor use  (Read 2959 times)
Munichred

Ignore
« on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 12:36:29 »

Can anyone recommend a sound bar suitable for outdoor use where no power supply is available. More specifically in conjunction with a smartphone and Bluetooth.  It would be mainly used in this building in Munich which has great acoustics:

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-204518089/stock-photo-munich-germany-july-rd-munich-hofgarten-diana-temple-bavaria.html

but could be handy for BBQs etc

The sound quality doesn't need to be that great.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 13:34:20 »

I have heard one of these in the flesh and it has very impressive sound quality and is quite loud for it's size.  You can pick them up for between £80 - £150 depending on what size/version you buy.

Nice bit of kit...  Jawbone Jambox

« Last Edit: Monday, March 30, 2015, 13:35:56 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 13:58:43 »

I've got the Beats Pill and I love it. This guy compares it favourably to the Jambox.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 16:13:36 »

I use this
http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/job-rocker
HexstaticSTFC

« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 18:50:58 »

Can't recommend a minirig enough, fantastic speaker that last for ages. www.minirigs.co.uk
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 22:45:46 »

Thanks very much guys for the advice. We'll have a look in the local Media Markt and Saturn, and listen to some demos. The Jobrocker looks the dogs bollox but is about the size we have already. We're really after something small enough to fit in a big pocket or small rucksack. I'll let you know if and when. Its still too cold here for outdoor dancing (MJive Munich aka Ceroc) but hopefully we'll restart in a few weeks, maybe with a new soundbar.

Cheers
John

« Last Edit: Monday, March 30, 2015, 22:54:16 by Munichred » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: