Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Notts County matchday thread  (Read 37957 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:14:12 »

Delightful.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:21:24 »

Im starting to believe we wont go down now.  We might even make the play offs.

7 points and were officially safe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:21:30 »

ha noble what an idiot -sent off in the away fixture back in december

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:23:36 »

Cooper's subtle comment about the eagle eyed linesman 

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:23:42 »

I predict a Town MKD Wembley appointment

I have plans already for that weekend.  It's Auto or bust for me.  Can't face Wembley again.

Really is remarkable where we are in the table, given the recent run of poor form.  Still right up there.  But we've had our slump now...and could really do with Preston having another soon.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:24:41 »

Cooper really impresses me

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:27:16 »

Im starting to believe we wont go down now.  We might even make the play offs.
Woah slow down there, still early doors.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:29:04 »

Cooper's subtle comment about the eagle eyed linesman 
And having a 'Plan B'...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:29:49 »

Cooper really impresses me

Bit of a test for him today....made an adjustment, and got the result, so fair play.

The 6th place slot is really silly, something like 4 points cover 10 teams....2 teams in free fall, Barnsley and Posh, sack the manager, and the caretakers have them back in the hunt in about a fortnight.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:30:44 »

Bit of a test for him today....made an adjustment, and got the result, so fair play.

The 6th place slot is really silly, something like 4 points cover 10 teams....2 teams in free fall, Barnsley and Posh, sack the manager, and the caretakers have them back in the hunt in about a fortnight.
We needn't concern ourselves with such lowly matters.
kerry red

« Reply #145 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:34:51 »

Great result, good performance.

First things first, though - that was one of the most bizarre and inept refereeing performances I have ever seen. You can tell how bad it was when the home fans were booing the ref for booking a Notts County player (Carroll). I still have no idea why we got a pen and although the player was giving the ref some verbals, to send him off was harsh.

Add to that the lengthy sermons to players and Derry and it all  made for a weird afternoon - and the ref was by no means a homer, either.

Truly shocking.

Those players who were so bad Tuesday shone today with Swift rightly being MoM. Byrne and Toffolo were so much more lively but it is difficult to understand how Branco can go from the ineptitude of Tuesday to put in such a great performance today.

Cock ups at the back were non-existent, passing was  crisp and incisive - in the main - and I just pray the corner has been turned.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:36:27 »

The ref booked the guy for dissent, he then continued to argue, ref gave him a chance to walk away but he continued so out came the second yellow.  They were lucky not have three off, that Carroll is a cunt and deserved his yellow  and the 15 should have gone for gbh on Williams when he was laying on the ground.  Having said that we won 3-0 against a team that looked really poor in the second half (although we were much better then!) and the ref was a total twat who came close to losing the game altogether.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:43:16 »

How on earth does a keeper end up with the number of yellows Carroll has had? Does he give pens away every week?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:44:43 »

the home fans were booing the ref for booking a Notts County player (Carroll).

Did that only happen in your head? He got booked for gobbing off to the lino, and rightly so. The fans around me were giving Carroll shit for being such a cunt.

I still have no idea why we got a pen
One of the defenders held Willo in the box. Foul. Pen. The lino seemed a little swayed by the home crowds shouts. 90% of the time you don't get them for that, because I doubt Willo was getting anywhere near the ball which was in the process of being cleared.

and although the player was giving the ref some verbals, to send him off was harsh.

Nope, it was the one thing that the ref got right. Dissent is a yellow card, to keep going is stupidity itself and if more refs did it then all the surrounding of the ref trying to get a decision would stop.

As I said when it happened, he's Deane Gorre'd it - a Huddersfield player that was sent off for the same thing years ago (although his had more arm waving).
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 17:48:24 »

Comedy ref and a pantomime villain helped the atmosphere. The idiot ref seemed to realise he fucked up in the 1st half and gave us just about everything in the 2nd.

Not a great performance but we did enough to beat a very poor Notts County team.

I hope Cooper sticks with one up front for the series of away games coming up.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: