Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Statement friday!  (Read 11950 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 19:04:27 »

I heard from someone the other night that it was 2,700 isn in the first phase
That was the figure they quoted on the radio on Tuesday. Seemed a bit low to me, but the seemed to think the club were quite pleased about it so maybe not
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 19:21:27 »

That was the figure they quoted on the radio on Tuesday. Seemed a bit low to me, but the seemed to think the club were quite pleased about it so maybe not
That was the figure Power mentioned in his programme notes on Tuesday.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 19:54:45 »

That was the figure Power mentioned in his programme notes on Tuesday.

That was the figure when the programme went to print, probably at the end of last week.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 20:27:31 »

To be fair that's a decent amount for phase one. I haven't renewed yet because I can't afford to but will be renewing before end of phase 2. We should be getting around 3,000-3,500 which isn't too bad.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 21:08:09 »

My bombshell is that after signing up to renew the wife and offspring have decided that they don't want to commit to a ST next year, fucking gutted. I don't want to go on my own and miss out on the Saturday afternoons when my wife will be doing things with our brood and excluding me cause I'm at football. Plus the fact our lad has been accepted at a school of our choice and the annual bus fees are about £600. So assuming I can get the renewal cancelled I have reconciled myself to choosing certain games at home and attending more away games particularly in the shit winter months where there is not much to do outside. Yes I know that can be more expensive but the traveling expense is covered by my company. I will when appropriate get another ST, just not for the foreseeable future. It sucks but my family come first.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 22:01:29 »

My bombshell is that after signing up to renew the wife and offspring have decided that they don't want to commit to a ST next year, fucking gutted. I don't want to go on my own and miss out on the Saturday afternoons when my wife will be doing things with our brood and excluding me cause I'm at football. Plus the fact our lad has been accepted at a school of our choice and the annual bus fees are about £600. So assuming I can get the renewal cancelled I have reconciled myself to choosing certain games at home and attending more away games particularly in the shit winter months where there is not much to do outside. Yes I know that can be more expensive but the traveling expense is covered by my company. I will when appropriate get another ST, just not for the foreseeable future. It sucks but my family come first.

Perhaps you should change your name to wed and proud.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 22:34:36 »

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 22:42:42 »

There are times when booing is appropriate, no doubt about it. Fans shouldn't just have to put up with mediocre, couldn't give a shit, just there to pick up their wages, effortless bollocks from a bunch of mercenaries who used to be half decent but stopped giving a shit a long time ago.

HOWEVER - This season is not like that. We've got a good, young, honest, talented bunch of lads who are doing their very best. Ball achingly frustrating though it is (so much so that I want to scream out loud), it's not gone so well in the last few games but that's life. You just have to accept it.

Too many people have forgotten what it means to be a supporter...that is, to actually get behind your team when things are going against you and to be able to tell the difference between the players described in the first paragraph from the ones in the second.

I heard Pat Nevin saying the other day about how much of a lift it gives you as a player when you get the ball and a collective 'gasp' comes up from the crowd. Straight away they are behind you. He said it gives you unbelieveable energy and you think you can run through walls. Compare that to making one misplaced pass and some pissy fuckers in the Don Rogers start giving you dogs abuse.

Anyone who has booed the team this season of all seasons is a cunt. There is no argument or debate to be had. I don't want you to bother coming back with the "I've been a season ticket holder for x number of years, I've got every right to give my opinion, how many games of you been to?" argument. It's bollocks. End of.

GET BEHIND YOUR FUCKING TEAM.

« Last Edit: Friday, March 6, 2015, 22:46:35 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 23:01:49 »

I was going tomorrow,but now its all "get behind the lads" I wont be bothering

/
W56196272
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 23:07:33 »

There are times when booing is appropriate, no doubt about it. Fans shouldn't just have to put up with mediocre, couldn't give a shit, just there to pick up their wages, effortless bollocks from a bunch of mercenaries who used to be half decent but stopped giving a shit a long time ago.

HOWEVER - This season is not like that. We've got a good, young, honest, talented bunch of lads who are doing their very best. Ball achingly frustrating though it is (so much so that I want to scream out loud), it's not gone so well in the last few games but that's life. You just have to accept it.

Too many people have forgotten what it means to be a supporter...that is, to actually get behind your team when things are going against you and to be able to tell the difference between the players described in the first paragraph from the ones in the second.

I heard Pat Nevin saying the other day about how much of a lift it gives you as a player when you get the ball and a collective 'gasp' comes up from the crowd. Straight away they are behind you. He said it gives you unbelieveable energy and you think you can run through walls. Compare that to making one misplaced pass and some pissy fuckers in the Don Rogers start giving you dogs abuse.

Anyone who has booed the team this season of all seasons is a cunt. There is no argument or debate to be had. I don't want you to bother coming back with the "I've been a season ticket holder for x number of years, I've got every right to give my opinion, how many games of you been to?" argument. It's bollocks. End of.

GET BEHIND YOUR FUCKING TEAM.

100%
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 23:17:45 »

How many aways games have you been to this season? How many home games have you been to this season! How many season tickets have you bought this season? How many did you buy last season! And the season before that? I suggest you you keep unfunny comments to yourself, I'm fucked of enough as it is. If 1975 is the year you were born then I've been following the town home and away from the year you were born. I will leave Red and Proud as it is thanks, I am and always will be. I trust you can say the same?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 23:27:31 »

How many aways games have you been to this season? How many home games have you been to this season! How many season tickets have you bought this season? How many did you buy last season! And the season before that? I suggest you you keep unfunny comments to yourself, I'm fucked of enough as it is. If 1975 is the year you were born then I've been following the town home and away from the year you were born. I will leave Red and Proud as it is thanks, I am and always will be. I trust you can say the same?

Fair one, I also await the reply you deserve pal  Yes

Now, ain't that just like me?
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 23:31:44 »

Really?
 I could give you the reply you deserve but you would probably set fire to someone. So I will say it was a joke.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 02:37:13 »

There are times when booing is appropriate, no doubt about it.

No there isn't.  Boo the opposition, the referee and linesmen, but never, ever your own players.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 07:34:05 »

No there isn't.  Boo the opposition, the referee and linesmen, but never, ever your own players.
I should qualify that. There are rare occasions where it is OK to boo the players at the end of the game if they have been particularly abject during that game and over a number of games leading up to it. Even then though, you don't boo the players during the game, which is self defeating and embarassing - only at end. And it has to be the team that gets booed. Never ever individual players.

I think my post made it pretty clear that I am against booing but I was just acknowledging the fact that there can be very rare occasions (0.1% of the time or less) where it can be justified but even then, only with certain conditions attached. Fans can and should voice their feelings within reason. Now though, we seem to have a situation where certain people are almost eagerly waiting for the first mis-placed pass or mis-cued goal attempt to get on the players' backs. I wish these people would fuck off and die.

For the record, I've personally never done it and never will.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: