Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Statement friday!  (Read 11955 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 14:17:47 »

Well sort of.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-message-2318592.aspx
kerry red

« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 14:23:16 »

Rallying call from LP and he's right.

Fuck knows I moaned like buggery Tuesday and it's difficult not to watching that, but I will keep it buttoned Saturday and support the lads
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 14:27:35 »

Nice piece from Mr P

Have the club released any figures on ST sales?
Islington Red

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 14:48:31 »

It is nice to have this kind of communication from the club. We need to stick together and we can go up. We should also do it for Louis if he doesn't play again.
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 14:51:34 »

ROAR!!!
lambourn red

« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 15:50:09 »

Nice piece from Mr P

Have the club released any figures on ST sales?
I heard from someone the other night that it was 2,700 isn in the first phase
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 16:24:38 »

pointless. if people can't respond on their own initiative a plea from the chairman won't change things if we go 1 0 down after 20.

nice to get an acknowledgement/thanks on St purchases though.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 16:29:37 »

pointless. if people can't respond on their own initiative a plea from the chairman won't change things if we go 1 0 down after 20.

nice to get an acknowledgement/thanks on St purchases though.

I'm pretty sure that's the main point of the message. It's also good to have the odd statement IMO, lest Power disappear into the background too much.

That might just be how I read it though. I mean he wasn't even there on Tuesday was he?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 16:34:43 »

It is annoying at best and self defeating at worst though. Never understood why you'd boo your own team during a game, what's the objective? Tuesday night was fucking woeful and painful to watch, but I never thought 'I know, I'll gee up the team by telling them as loudly as I can how shit they are. That will spur them on and get them back on track.'

It's All Good..............
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 17:09:17 »

It is annoying at best and self defeating at worst though. Never understood why you'd boo your own team during a game, what's the objective? Tuesday night was fucking woeful and painful to watch, but I never thought 'I know, I'll gee up the team by telling them as loudly as I can how shit they are. That will spur them on and get them back on track.'

Yeah this. I've never booed our team no matter how shite we've been I just don't clap if were real crap, or bugger off a couple of minutes early for a fag. I'll leave the booing to the slack jawed amongst our number.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 17:13:28 »

Well worded statement - I like the guy and he is totally right on the booing - I have booed but only after watching game after game of dire shite the season we went down not after a poor run of results and being 4th within spitting distance of automatic promotion ffs.....if we drop out of the play offs I will boo but not until then....

Bathtime
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 17:30:53 »

Yeah this. I've never booed our team no matter how shite we've been I just don't clap if were real crap, or bugger off a couple of minutes early for a fag. I'll leave the booing to the slack jawed amongst our number.
Sometimes boos are appropriate whether you like it or not. This season they're not, but sometimes a boo at the final whistle is the least aggressive and disrespectful way of conveying the fans displeasure at a performance. Unless you'd prefer a full on 'you're not fit to wear the shirt'?

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
kerry red

« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 17:32:58 »

Turd throwing is my choice
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 17:58:34 »

I've never agreed with booing, never have never will. I just don't clap
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 18:33:50 »

Why would you boo your own team?

I have never booed the team during a match and only exceptionally at the end of a match (for example where my frustration is such that I am hoping somehow to influence the early sacking of a manager whose continued tenure is imo damaging the club)

I try also to avoid even a low moan or groan where a player messes up

There are still plenty of opportunities to boo enthusiastically at the referee or the opposition - either with sheer anger or even with a view to pressurising a decision to go our way (eg the Wade Elliott sending off incident which I didn't even see)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: