Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale away  (Read 65468 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #135 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 11:08:25 »

Those FB pages are a fucking embarrassment.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:12:00 »

Those FB pages are a fucking embarrassment.

Yeah, I'm going to stick to getting things organised through TEF, Twitter & the Trust.

Going forward the club themselves are looking to get more involved if possible and the Trust is hoping to get more involved, too. Which is very promising. All very exciting.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:19:45 »

Good work jay, hope it's a success, however orchestrated.

Any news on ticket sales? I have mine, but most of our group are buying on the day. As you say, anything beyond the 600odd at Crewe should be seen as a success. 
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:20:39 »

Good work jay, hope it's a success, however orchestrated.

Any news on ticket sales? I have mine, but most of our group are buying on the day. As you say, anything beyond the 600odd at Crewe should be seen as a success. 

I have asked for an update. We were up to 296 on Tuesday, which is pretty good.

stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:37:01 »

Wish I could of helped but work commitments are going to stop me going.  Really hope it's a success and more are planned.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 13:50:24 »

Wish I could of helped but work commitments are going to stop me going.  Really hope it's a success and more are planned.

More are definitely in the pipeline. Wink

JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 16:41:25 »

418 pre-sold for Vale so far. Considering we pre-sold around 350 for Crewe and ended up with 650... I'm happy with that so far!

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 17:42:08 »

Decent news on the ticket front and congrats on all the (positive) attention you're getting Jay, you deserve it and I really hope it's a success. Hope next time it happens it happens so I can contribute in some way!

I think the quality of the Facebook pages is more to do with how many people still actually use Facebook  Shrug

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 17:51:24 »

Good luck Jay, I remember having some crazy shit idea like this 10 years ago in the lead up to a game against Port Vale!

The other big flags have long since died a death.  One was being used to soak up piss at the back of the Town End when we found it.  Another had long since been chucked by the club.

Do not underestimate the financial and personal cost of doing the stuff!  Ironside hated me as well, think he still does.  In fact this has all been rather civil so far.

The paper was the cheepest and most effective - it was just some banquet roles and to be fair was the idea of some of the Ultras.  Oddly in most other countries this isn't part of the happy clappy crowd, it's done by the nutters.

http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/11/39/64/41/1tifob11.jpg

The flags/banners do cost a small fortune and many clubs get quite funny about them having a safety certificate.

Good luck. It will probably lead to a decline into alcoholism and being chucked out at Walsall or something.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 18:37:21 »

not my type of thing, but fair play for taking the time and effort to organise it

I come from a land down-under
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 19:04:10 »

Good luck Jay, I remember having some crazy shit idea like this 10 years ago in the lead up to a game against Port Vale!

The other big flags have long since died a death.  One was being used to soak up piss at the back of the Town End when we found it.  Another had long since been chucked by the club.

Do not underestimate the financial and personal cost of doing the stuff!  Ironside hated me as well, think he still does.  In fact this has all been rather civil so far.

The paper was the cheepest and most effective - it was just some banquet roles and to be fair was the idea of some of the Ultras.  Oddly in most other countries this isn't part of the happy clappy crowd, it's done by the nutters.

http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/11/39/64/41/1tifob11.jpg

The flags/banners do cost a small fortune and many clubs get quite funny about them having a safety certificate.

Good luck. It will probably lead to a decline into alcoholism and being chucked out at Walsall or something.

Yes indeed the club also disposed of our massive DR stand "South Oxfordshire Reds flag" after saying it could stay up permanently.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 19:19:01 »

There was once a Canadian flag with "STFC Ottawa Reds" on it doing the rounds, whatever happened to that? That said, it was 1989 when I last saw it.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 20:32:44 »

Got to say, I'm with you on this. It'll be like going to a game as a school trip.

What happened to spewing and pissing in the away end? It was always good enough for me!

Get my 8 holes and crombie .....Hersham boys and Sham69.
Do you want some ?.....football has changed mate Smiley
kerry red

« Reply #148 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 20:38:13 »

More's the pity
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Friday, March 13, 2015, 20:41:47 »

Déjà...

Forget the rest of the post.  I'm just extremely impressed that you went to the trouble of getting both of those accents right.  Bravo!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: