Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bradford City  (Read 33585 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 23:19:24 »

Wes seems a bit touchy tonight. Yes it was a shit atmosphere but not noticeably shitter than normal.
His distribution has been pretty poor last couple of games and that stupid goal kick to Thompson routine on the edge of the box was getting some groans as it just seems to put us under unnecessary pressure. He's always struck me as having a hell of an ego so just don't think he's good at receiving any kind of criticism.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 23:27:16 »

Can someone remind me where the person who used to run the chippy over the road from the CG went to. I thought it was near Iceland in Gorse Hill, but the only chippy I could see near there was shut.

The one over the road was OK, still did the £2 special, but not quite as good IMO.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 23:31:19 »

Wes is probably just pissed off that Nandos is closed at this time of night.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 00:04:43 »

Game of two halves as a cliche..

Should of been going in three or four up.Willo (who played well) really should of buried that one on one.

Second half disaster....

Gladwin had a Weston Super Mare the defenders went to rat shit.

Superb football ,quick breaks, only for us to knock it back and forth along the edge of the area until we gave it back to them cheaply....Gladwin guilty of this and Byrne ran up his own arse a few times...sometimes we need to just fucking go for it, we did it once and got a corner.

Um bongo goals superb and a fine save to deny his Hattrick.

Ref was utter dogshit, inconsistent and weak....shit for both sides...loved the time when he kept telling the Bradford midfielder something who lost his temper in front of the Don Rogers..."Fucks sake ref, what do you want me to do!?".....his shambolic display summed up by the red card that never was...Sunday league at best!

We got the points we needed so I hope we kick on now and smash Crewe. I just hope we learn to kill teams off quicker.

Clems Army!
Talk Talk

« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 00:20:38 »

I know that it is "just another game and still a long way to go", but my gut feeling is that is going to be season defining

Yarp

We can do this

Well if Cooper finally comes up with a Plan B

My Plan B? Occasionally, just occasionally, get Wes to kick the ball downfield quickly after a fast collect and not fanny around. We have been so studied by the opposition that they just won't expect it...
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 00:49:27 »

His distribution has been pretty poor last couple of games and that stupid goal kick to Thompson routine on the edge of the box was getting some groans as it just seems to put us under unnecessary pressure. He's always struck me as having a hell of an ego so just don't think he's good at receiving any kind of criticism.

wes made comments on twitter about the away atmosphere created by some of our fans tonight. I agree. jeering our own goalkeeper after a bad pass. this is one of the best keepers we've had, admittedly not his finest performance distribution wise but he is OUR keeper ffs.

looking forward to getting some games in with a lot of midweeks ahead. I am very quick to point out the mistakes that branco makes so I would like to say how nice it was to see such a solid performance from him tonight. when a team goes long he was superb to have. touch wood he gets a run of games with some consistency.

a massive win tonight and how shit the table would have looked if we had lost. lets hope we back this up on saturday.
Flashheart

« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 03:04:36 »

So are we back in with a shout of promotion again then, or are we still destined to miss out on, or fail to win, the play-offs?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 07:19:17 »

So are we back in with a shout of promotion again then, or are we still destined to miss out on, or fail to win, the play-offs?

We need a good, sustained unbeaten run to get right back in there.  I think it's that simple.  Obviously still in with a shout...but the blip/slump has to have ended last night.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 08:17:44 »

Can someone remind me where the person who used to run the chippy over the road from the CG went to. I thought it was near Iceland in Gorse Hill, but the only chippy I could see near there was shut.

The one over the road was OK, still did the £2 special, but not quite as good IMO.
Not been opened up yet, who is running the one near the CG now?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 08:26:09 »

I noticed he came off and went straight down the tunnel at the end and didn't applaud the fans.

Good to get back to winning ways, albeot a bit nervy towards the end.  Although a few people have commented Bradford didn't create many chances, it always felt like there was the risk of another defensive error or a dodgy deflection to give them an equaliser.

I honestly can't understand why Cooper didn't utilise the subs, a couple of our players faded badly, Luongo included.  It was particularly noticeable that we had tired legs out there after they'd made a double substitution and two fresh pairs of legs.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 08:36:44 »

The second half was pretty much how I had expected the whole game to be - tough....so first half was a complete surprise - Bradford couldn`t get the ball and Mass was outstanding. Left wing is a problem area especially as Gladwin is totally right footed so not a position he should be playing regularly. Good to get back on track against Bradford.....it will be decided over Easter me thinks...can`t wait and feeling quietly optimistic....why not......best half of football last night I have seen.

COYR

Bathtime
REDBUCK

« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 08:37:01 »

14 wins will do it
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 09:16:27 »

....chippy....
thanks.
some Chinese people, don't know who. still can't complain for £2 mind, chips were good, not bothered by the sausage - maybe my memory of the previous tenents sausage is rose tinted.

wait let me rephrase that....
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 09:21:33 »

Just a thought about Gladwin, thought he was relatively poor last night, left wing back is not a position for him and I think that for a big man his total lack of speed and energy is slightly concerning in that position.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 09:22:51 »

I spoke to Robin's (the previous owner of the Frying Fish) missus on Saturday, and the purchase was eventually due to go through yesterday, so they hope to open at last next week.

The delay's been due to red tape from the surveyors, to solicitors.

Buying a chip shop is like buying a house....

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: