Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe United Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39038 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 17:06:55 »

Probably not the best time to play Crawley and Gillingham but at least we're at home.

We're still 2nd and we're having a mini blip together with Franchise and hopefully City. No need to panic just yet.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 17:08:05 »

i maintain sheff u are not out of this.

our problem is that we have developed a soft centre. this is putting pressure on us.

nt has been prone to doing that all season, I'd rather him in there than not.

now we are in a massive pressure period 'winnable' home games.
Flashheart

« Reply #227 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 17:10:23 »

Ah, the texts..... Time to switch off.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 17:14:38 »

Last 3 aways

W 0 D 0 L 3 F2 A7 pts 0

Can't see why our form has taken such a sharp downturn  

Previous 3 aways

W 2 D 1 L 0 F 9 A 3 pts 7
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 17:16:52 by 4D » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 17:22:01 »

Shite..

Missed chances and silly soft goals.

Texts are a joke too......people saying that we played shit.??didn't sound that to me.

Got to bury Crawley...get back on track..

Clems Army!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 17:23:30 »

We were due a blip.  We had a blinding January - and without two of our best players.  I wonder whether a few of our key men are simply jaded?  Certainly looked that way today.

Test of MC's managerial mettle now.  Could define our season.  How does he rally the troops for the final few months?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 17:24:55 »

More texts....

It's Brancos fault...

Off....

Clems Army!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 17:27:10 »

I think most of the texts were fairly reasonable, although a lot blaming Branco.  Was he to blame for anything today?
Flashheart

« Reply #233 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 17:27:13 »

people saying that we played shit.??didn't sound that to me.

Scunthorpe Coms were actually very complimentary.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 17:28:32 »

I think most of the texts were fairly reasonable, although a lot blaming Branco.  Was he to blame for anything today?

He nearly got himself sent off but it didn't sound as though he was at fault for the first goal. He wasn't even on the pitch for the other two! Harsh.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 17:35:21 »

These away games are tougher than they look on paper to be fair. Things have swung round noe as away we have to play the tough games with the majority of he games looking decent for us. 4 out of our next 5 at home with Crewe away in between. Good chance to get at least 10 points.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 17:41:28 »

Cooper needs to go back to basics and stop chopping and changing the team all the time, he's falling into bad habits in terms of away matches similar to last season. He's a very good manager when things are going well and rightly deserves lots of credit but he does seem to struggle when things dip and seems to make panic decisions finding it hard to turn things around.
Today was a bit of a case in point playing Stephens in midfield when we had both Gladwin and Swift on the bench. We all know that we can't defend so trying to play defensively doesn't really make sense. We've got where we are by playing passing attacking football and that's how we've got to where we are and just need to go back to that...
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 18:33:14 »

Cooper needs to go back to basics and stop chopping and changing the team all the time, he's falling into bad habits in terms of away matches similar to last season. He's a very good manager when things are going well and rightly deserves lots of credit but he does seem to struggle when things dip and seems to make panic decisions finding it hard to turn things around.
Today was a bit of a case in point playing Stephens in midfield when we had both Gladwin and Swift on the bench. We all know that we can't defend so trying to play defensively doesn't really make sense. We've got where we are by playing passing attacking football and that's how we've got to where we are and just need to go back to that...

Agree with this.  I personally would have dropped  Branco, moved Stephens back into defence and started Swift or Gladwin.  Saying that when he made those changes, we conceded twice (or were we already losing?)

I think Cooper is struggling at the moment to know who his preferred starting 11 are.  In some ways it was easier when Kasim and Luongo were out of the equation.

I'd be surprised to see the same starting 11 next Saturday.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 18:35:42 »

Just back, what a horrible game in a crap atmosphere.

We were far superior than them in so many departments today, but appear to have reverted back to the frustrating pattern of slowing things down when we should be clinical.  Passing was wayward throughout the game, but up until they scored I never thought we'd lose, they are a poor side.  Then we helped them, we just seemed to fall apart, something I've not seen us do for sometime.  We lost every second ball and became shambolic at the back. 

I still think we'll be OK, we must learn from this and be more clinical in the final third, instead of getting behind their defence and then slowing it down & coming backwards.  Thought Williams was unlucky today, ran his socks off & unlucky not to score.  His first effort was a class save more than an easy miss imo (It was at the other end).

It wasn't just Branco today, I thought the back 3 looked jittery on loads of occassions & Nat was at fault for the 3rd.

Agree with Plymred, the fat bloke at half time was worth the entrance fee, he was stood next to me & the video his mate took was brilliant, got to get in on utube. 
kerry red

« Reply #239 on: Saturday, February 14, 2015, 18:41:16 »

What makes you think we will learn from this?

Should have learnt from Blades and Oldham
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: