Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe United Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37958 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 17:27:14 »

Not sure what you mean. He did say Mass is injured.

If Cooper has left out Mass saying he was tired etc etc
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 17:27:20 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we're going down.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 17:30:07 »

I've heard this today as well.  'Apparently' Power hasn't taken kindly to him saying that staying at Swindon would be a worse case scenario.

It could just be a rumour doing the rounds, but based on Power's previous with Branco and also the Adver there could well be some truth in it.  Maybe Power thinks our midfield did ok without him?

Everything I've read of Luongo's public statements since his return from Aus I've thought were absolutely what a chairman and fans would want to hear.

While words along the lines of "at the worst" may have been used it was followed by I'll still be at Swindon playing somewhere I really enjoy my football, where I'm developing and with all my mates and that he's perfectly happy.

He's made it clear he's not going to be agitating for a move, but that if a big chance comes along that's great. Power has said pretty much the same thing. He's clearly not primarily motivated by money or he's be coining it in a desert somewhere.

Christ if fans can get their knickers in a twist over a player that has done absolutely bloody everything the right way there's no bastard hope for us and the fellah ought to just grab the first chance he gets to better himself because we might not deserve him.

..never go back.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 17:37:23 »

Everything I've read of Luongo's public statements since his return from Aus I've thought were absolutely what a chairman and fans would want to hear.

While words along the lines of "at the worst" may have been used it was followed by I'll still be at Swindon playing somewhere I really enjoy my football, where I'm developing and with all my mates and that he's perfectly happy.

He's made it clear he's not going to be agitating for a move, but that if a big chance comes along that's great. Power has said pretty much the same thing. He's clearly not primarily motivated by money or he's be coining it in a desert somewhere.

Christ if fans can get their knickers in a twist over a player that has done absolutely bloody everything the right way there's no bastard hope for us and the fellah ought to just grab the first chance he gets to better himself because we might not deserve him.

Clap

Roaming the land while you sleep..
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 17:53:02 »

Well said Dalai Lama - Some people seem to have gone a bit loopy today. First there were mass (almost a pun there) suicides in the offing because of our Chief Cone Gatherer (Who no one can possibly know if he's that good - although I suspect he might me in fairness) being rumoured to be off to Villa, now this. It's actually pretty funny.

Wouldn't you limp a bit with a groin strain? He was moving fine...

Not me mate, I'm rock  Wink

Actually, I don't think you would necessarily be limping with that kind of injury. I reckon the problem would be when you try to run. Did you not ask him to do a few short sprints?
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 17:59:45 »

Well said Dalai Lama - Some people seem to have gone a bit loopy today. First there were mass (almost a pun there) suicides in the offing because of our Chief Cone Gatherer (Who no one can possibly know if he's that good - although I suspect he might me in fairness) being rumoured to be off to Villa, now this. It's actually pretty funny.

Actually, I don't think you would necessarily be limping with that kind of injury. I reckon the problem would be when you try to run. Did you not ask him to do a few short sprints?

Generally speaking, you don't tend to limp with a groin strain. It's difficult to get up and moving, but when you're moving you're alright. Running is indeed the point where it hurts, and you start to limp.

I cannot believe you'd see a footballer not limping (who is 'apparently' injured) and NOT give him some basic drills to complete to confirm if it's true. Absurd.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 18:07:01 »

Generally speaking, you don't tend to limp with a groin strain. It's difficult to get up and moving, but when you're moving you're alright. Running is indeed the point where it hurts, and you start to limp.

I cannot believe you'd see a footballer not limping (who is 'apparently' injured) and NOT give him some basic drills to complete to confirm if it's true. Absurd.
At the very least, you would pretend to be breaking into his car - then you would see if he could run or not  Yes
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 18:09:51 »

At the very least, you would pretend to be breaking into his car - then you would see if he could run or not  Yes

Ha exactly!

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 18:34:32 »

I've no idea, whether you'd limp a bit or not....Mass was in the Co-Op, my chum in the pub on Thursday night reckoned I should have stalked him, with a view to gauging his mental state from the contents of his shopping basket. 

At the time thought the suggestion extreme....but on reflection something has to explain why we've just lost 3 in a row on the road, something we didn't manage last season, when it was generally accepted we were dodgy travellers.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 18:37:48 »

I've no idea, whether you'd limp a bit or not....Mass was in the Co-Op, my chum in the pub on Thursday night reckoned I should have stalked him, with a view to gauging his mental state from the contents of his shopping basket. 

At the time thought the suggestion extreme....but on reflection something has to explain why we've just lost 3 in a row on the road, something we didn't manage last season, when it was generally accepted we were dodgy travellers.

Now your're making sense Reg  Yes
kerry red

« Reply #325 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 18:49:15 »

Now it looks like Barnsley may have contacted us over Cooper's availability.

Must be tempting, that one! 
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: