Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power radio phone in  (Read 88360 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 20:06:46 »

Nothing, but it's clearly a punishment for reporting news the club would rather not have reported on. As such, the intended effect is, clearly, to deter the Adver, and any other news outlets who might consider doing so, from reporting news the club would rather not have reported on.
I am unable to check at the moment but have the Advertiser actually actually reported any news that the 'club would rather not have reported on' did Link and FLIC  not both the same stories just a little more accurately and without salacious headlines...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 20:08:02 »

Other outlets have reported on the same things that the adver have, they've not been 'banned'.

I think he just does like them, Paul. They're not exactly in everybody's good books right now are they?
I think you're probably right FH, and as I've said repeatedly I'm no great fan of their recent output either. But I still think this "ban" or whatever it is sets a worrying precedent and looks a bit naff/childish on the club's part. Meh, think we've all done this to death now.

But I like Sam's "cryptic" sign language contributions to the thread Smiley
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 20:23:49 »

But I like Sam's "cryptic" sign language contributions to the thread Smiley
Haha. The conversations I feel I've needed to have relating to the whole furore over the past week I've had in private, and there have been several. Otherwise, I don't think I can help the situation in a public arena by chirping up. The people involved who would hear my views through social media etc have heard exactly the same in person. It's an issue which the owner and the Adver need to settle themselves and I hope they do quickly.
Flashheart

« Reply #273 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 20:36:36 »

Do they feed you well at your new place, Sam?
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 20:38:26 »

Do they feed you well at your new place, Sam?
Still feeding myself, Flash.
Flashheart

« Reply #275 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 20:53:00 »

Still feeding myself, Flash.

Wink
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 13:04:05 »

I think it was the way the adver reported it, they had it leaked to them from the council and printed what they had been told by the council.

What I think Sam done differently, obviously he did not get the exclusive, but he seemed to report it and included info from STFC so giving them a right of reply I beleive, unless memory serves me wrong. I think Flic just reported what others was reporting on.
Shrivvy

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 13:28:56 »

I think it was the way the adver reported it, they had it leaked to them from the council and printed what they had been told by the council.

What I think Sam done differently, obviously he did not get the exclusive, but he seemed to report it and included info from STFC so giving them a right of reply I beleive, unless memory serves me wrong. I think Flic just reported what others was reporting on.

I would say the Adver article was more balanced in the write up of the council court case offering quotes from both parties. Link quoted Shah. STFC were 'not available ' to comment for the first Adver article. If they had bothered they could have put their case across. 'STFC to face court over unpaid rent' is hardly sensationalist. Let's be a bit objective and actually read things. Link is superior for the football side, but Adver at least get stuck in to other matters.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 13:35:48 »

I would say the Adver article was more balanced in the write up of the council court case offering quotes from both parties. Link quoted Shah. STFC were 'not available ' to comment for the first Adver article. If they had bothered they could have put their case across. 'STFC to face court over unpaid rent' is hardly sensationalist. Let's be a bit objective and actually read things. Link is superior for the football side, but Adver at least get stuck in to other matters.
Two separate stories: http://www.swindonlinksport.com/2015/01/05/council-release-statement-after-rent-arrears-settlement/ and http://www.swindonlinksport.com/2015/01/05/club-and-council-reach-settlement-on-rent-arrears/ covered both sides after the brief hearing.
Shrivvy

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 14:01:02 »

I did a quick search, obviously too quick!
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 14:13:26 »

I did a quick search, obviously too quick!
Not having a dig, just wanted to point it out.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:41:27 »

Did people see Sam went public in the end with his views on the Adver ban? Decent article. I seem to be surrounded by arguments about free speech at the moment. I liked the "Je suis Adver" comment though.

http://www.swindonlinksport.com/2015/01/14/sam-morshead-link-sports-stance-on-recent-off-field-events/

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 16:40:00 »

I must remember to stop looking at this thread  Roll Eyes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 19:09:30 »

Did people see Sam went public in the end with his views on the Adver ban? Decent article. I seem to be surrounded by arguments about free speech at the moment. I liked the "Je suis Adver" comment though.

http://www.swindonlinksport.com/2015/01/14/sam-morshead-link-sports-stance-on-recent-off-field-events/

Yes its a good read, and a slightly risky one too. Nice one Sam
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Thursday, January 15, 2015, 21:57:28 »

credit where its due  Yes Yes

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: