Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power radio phone in  (Read 88376 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 18:31:13 »

I agree that its a bit of a dry subject, but unfortunately it may be that at some point in the future it becomes a very important issue, and what is happening here may determine how much local media outlets stand up to the future Diamandis or Jeds who run this club.

I hope the nodding symbol means that Sam is working with his colleagues so that we can talk more about the footie again!!
Eh? I can't remember the Adver crusading against the greasy Greek, or Jed. Maybe I'm mistaken?

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #256 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 18:31:44 »

I don't remember it either.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 18:42:13 »

Eh? I can't remember the Adver crusading against the greasy Greek, or Jed. Maybe I'm mistaken?

They didn't "crusade" against Diamandis. But they did a damn good job of reporting on the whole sorry saga and letting people make up their own minds. The point sheldon is making, as I did the other day, is if the club now have the whip hand over media outlets, and that means the media are intimidated away from reporting negative news by this kind of ban/un-invitation/whatever, then that's not necessarily a healthy thing for us or the club if a Jed or similar crops up again in the future.
Flashheart

« Reply #258 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 18:47:09 »

What's stopping the adver from reporting negative news when they are 'banned' anyway?
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 18:50:18 »

I hope the nodding symbol means that Sam is working with his colleagues so that we can talk more about the footie again!!
Clap
kerry red

« Reply #260 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 18:52:23 »

The club haven't, and couldn't, put a gagging order on the Adver - they can still write and publish STFC-related stories
Flashheart

« Reply #261 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 18:54:24 »

The club haven't, and couldn't, put a gagging order on the Adver - they can still write and publish STFC-related stories

Exactly.

A supposed 'crusade' against Diamandis by the Adver has been mentioned, yet were the adver not banned at that time as well?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 19:04:45 »

Andy Cryer was very good in asking the questions that Diamandis hated to answer.  Much more effective than Ritson who preceded him.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 19:21:20 »

What's stopping the adver from reporting negative news when they are 'banned' anyway?
Nothing, but it's clearly a punishment for reporting news the club would rather not have reported on. As such, the intended effect is, clearly, to deter the Adver, and any other news outlets who might consider doing so, from reporting news the club would rather not have reported on.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 19:23:48 »

Exactly.

A supposed 'crusade' against Diamandis by the Adver has been mentioned, yet were the adver not banned at that time as well?
No. And the person who mentioned the word "crusade" did so in saying he didn't remember them doing one. What they did do, was be very effective at simply reporting what was going on, even if it was perceived as "negative" by the club who would rather they hadn't done so, as it shone a wider light on the shambles at the time.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 19:26:01 »

Are we allowed to mentioned that when the Adver were taken in by Jed that Sam was at the paper? He does seem sainted by some.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 19:30:53 »

Are we allowed to mentioned that when the Adver were taken in by Jed that Sam was at the paper? He does seem sainted by some.
You are. I don't deserve it to be forgotten.
Flashheart

« Reply #267 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 19:35:59 »

Nothing, but it's clearly a punishment for reporting news the club would rather not have reported on.

Other outlets have reported on the same things that the adver have, they've not been 'banned'.

I think he just doesn't like them, Paul. They're not exactly in everybody's good books right now are they?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 19:47:29 »

That was a bit long.  Sorry about that.
Read it all.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 19:48:29 »

In fairness there was a large percentage taken in by lovable Jed and geezerish charms.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: